June 30th, 2014
Celebrity Style, Shopping

Shayla was transfixed by Jennifer Hudson’s performance at last night’s BET Awards, and asked, “Who makes her outfit?”
Well, it’s been widely reported that J Hud’s dress was DSquared2, though I haven’t been able to find it in any of their past collections or online (perhaps it was custom?). While I follow up, I’m sure she was wearing Via Spiga Femke over-the-knee boots from the Fall 2014 Collection.
V-Femke C8692L1001
They have a high heel and tassel detailing.
Get more info at ViaSpiga.com.
And while I tackle dress gate, can we focus on this fine piece?
2 - Jennifer Hudson's 2014 BET Awards Black Leather Dress and Via Spiga Fall 2014 Femke Over the Knee Boots

9 - Jennifer Hudson's 2014 BET Awards Black Leather Dress and Via Spiga Fall 2014 Femke Over the Knee Boots
Who was THAT?!?
Images: Getty

18 Responses to “Wardrobe Query: Jennifer Hudson’s 2014 BET Awards Black Leather Dress and Via Spiga Fall 2014 Femke Over the Knee Boots”

1. MelyB says:

JHud looks fab & sounded great last night. I was on FB this morning and one of my fave singers, Deborah Bond commented that deep house soul music would be a great fit for JHud’s voice & ITA.

2. Mimi says:

No to that dress on her but she’s maintaining that body

3. Gina says:

Claire, the fine specimen of a sculpted and tattooed body is Mr. David McIntosh… divine :)

4. Stephane says:

She gets points for maintaining her body BUT I really don’t like this look. For some reason, she has a hard time pulling off ‘sexy’.

That outfit is a no and it looks cheap. I like the boots but she needs a new stylist. But that male model is all types of yes.

6. tiffany says:

We need the deets on Jhene Aiko fit

Her BET dress deets are on her instagram, @Tiffany.

8. SMV says:

Jhud actually “looks” good, but she does not have the attitude for this type of dress.

9. Resa says:

Jennifer Hudson, well……. Okay, I feel she tries to be sexy with her styles.But she’s reaching and sh’s not there. Its summer and its L.A. leather dress and why boots?? I guess. Im on this site for the fashions…

10. Ashley says:

I actually think she looks really cute. She usually does not get it right and I thought she owned this look.

11. Yes says:

She looks AMAZING! Hair, makeup..dress and yes hot boots lol She looks fab..so happy for her…go Jen!

12. TAMMY M. says:

Jhud looks totally fab! I think she plus off sexy just fine, I am feeling the cut of the dress and the boots are also cute.

I like how her short cut, gives it that extra edge!

She looked aaaaaaamazing!

14. TEXASGRL says:

Her body looks Great!! all those cheap clothes she wear!

15. simplyjess says:

JHud never gets it right for me. Not a fan of this look, I agree with Resa. We’re almost in July and she chooses leather and thigh high boots. Why? She just can’t do sexy.

16. Elle says:

J.Hud’s dress is a custom LSO design. Linda Stokes. She did does custom pieces for a lot of celebs. She custom made Busta Rhymes piece from BET awards. She also does custom pieces for Cee-Lo and outkast, etc. Here is her instagram. Her daughter Michelle is a stylist and works in entertainment http://instagram.com/lsodesigns

17. Lola Reggy says:

Forget the dress I want David McIntosh ASAPPPPPP!!!!!!!

18. Michelle Stokes says:

Jennifer Looked Hot!!!! One of her BEST LOOKS THUS FAR! My mother, Linda Stokes is the designer. She has designed custom clothes for everyone from Cher, Beyonce, Mariah Carey, Gwen Stefani, Brittany Spears, Jlo, Jay Z, P. Diddy, Steven Tyler, Usher, Ceelo Green, Shakira, Mary J. Blige, Magic Johnson, Chris Brown, just to name a few. Jennifer felt and looked sexy in that dress. Just as confident as if Nicki,Beyonce, or Rihanna had it on. Come get Custom Made Instagram @lsodesigns ans @michellestokes Twitter:@dressmagnet and @indiangirl711 #fashionisinourblood Thanks Elle Mirsky:)