June 27th, 2014
Christian Louboutin, Fashion Discussion, Fashion News
Are Platform Heels Out of Style?

There was a time in recent history when it seems everyone had a pair of Christian Louboutin Daffodile Pumps.
Monyetta Shaw Attends Kandi Burress
The hoof like contraptions came in boot, pump, and Mary Jane form, in innumerable colors, fabrications, and patterns.
Get the Look- Evelyn Lozada's New Orleans Book Signing Thatcher Minimalist Jungle Stripe Green Print Body Con Dress and Christian Louboutin Daffodile Menthe Python Fairytale Pumps

keri-hilson-and-christian-louboutin-daffodile-platform-pumps-gallery

meagan-good-the-today-show-new-york-city-christian-louboutin-leopard-daffodile-pumps

tamar-braxton-106-and-park-31-phillip-lim-sequin-sweatpants-christian-louboutin-daffodile-suede-pumps
Starlets were stunting in Daffodiles (and lower priced iterations) until early 2013, but then there was a seismic shift, when platforms were switched out for sole crushing, toe constricting pointed toes, worn flush against the ground.
Olivia Munn seen leaving the Today Show in New York City
Zendaya's Alexia Ulibarri Fall 2014 Gray Oversized Sweater Dress
Khloe Kardashian filming in Studio City***NO DAILY MAIL SALES***
rihanna giorgio baldi instagram christian louboutin pumps
Kim Kardashian Seen In Los Angeles
So are platform heels done for? You guys certainly seem to think so!
platform heels malaysia pargo
In yesterday’s Bombshell post, commenters were pretty vocal about this shoe trend! TheFashionistaChic typed, “Ladies PLATFORMS ENDED IN 2012. One thing I love of about my beloved Rihanna you never have caught her in those hooker shoes. That is all.” Jen added, ” I also concur with the platform sentiments. Let those hooves GO.”
Jessica wasn’t with it! She wrote, “Ummm platforms will never go out of style !” Hello also offered, “I believe nothing goes out of style…wear what you like.”

Hot-or-Hmm-Nicki-Minajs-American-Idol-Screening-Herve-Leger-Colorblock-Cutout-Bandage-Dress
Even Hervé Leger Bandage Dresses?

I’m more in line with FashionistaChic and Jen! Things come and go! Square and round toes used to be hot. Now, not so much! Same thing with platforms. They’re comfortable, and definitely had their moment. But now you’ll see me wearing my Louboutin So Kate Pumps over my Saint Laurent Tributes (though I haven’t thrown my Tributes away–they might come back!).
Claire @ Lincoln-50
2 3 Red Valentino floral dress claire sulmers fashion bomb daily christian louboutin so kate zara faux leather pink jacket faux leather double breasted jacket in her shoes blog
What say you? Are Platforms Out of Style?

chrisette-michele-2013-soul-train-awards-vegas-alice-olivia-gia-dress-christian-louboutin-daffodile-mary-jane-pumps

71 Responses to “Are Platform Heels Out of Style?”

1. Becca says:

I sure hope they are…always hated them.

I’ve never liked them!

A true fashion maven wears What she want and doesn’t follow silly trends.

4. Rachel says:

I was never a fan of them. I’m glad a more streamlined pump is in style. It makes for a cleaner and more modern look.

5. Pinchez says:

Although I have never owned or particularly loved a pair of these platform shoes featured, I do have platforms which I wear with my wide leg jeans. I however think it is a personal choice

No. Just the gaudy ones. But those are typically ltd edition, anyway. CL has the regular colors for everyday occasions

7. c says:

Ehhh…I say rock orthopedic shoes…lol. All those super high heels, pumps or platforms just jack up your toes and feet in the long run. And give you corns! Try getting rid of those…

They’re out…but they’ll be back like ALL things in fashion.

9. Mimi says:

Yep, they take some of the height off the heel which is better for your legs but they’re ugly

10. Rashida says:

Wear what you want. I don’t care about trends. No one is going to tell me what to wear. I am my own woman!

11. Martinique_Fr says:

I personally never liked them, but if they make someone feel fantastic and confident, then Rock On, Sister!!!

12. dyshaun says:

THANK YOU. All the mags/blogs shelved them months ago as did I and most of the chic LOL. Thanks Claire. Single soles FTW

You can still find these everywhere but you just look dated. Especially platform peep toes oh gawd you look like you belong on an usher board somewhere..

13. IMO says:

I may be in the minirty, but I love them still! (though I don’t wear themas often now – too heavy for summer outfits). I find platforms far more comfortable than the pointy toe alternative (though I own those too). So, I’m still a fan of platforms, worn appropriately.

14. Mooch says:

I have a pair of suede electric blue Jimmy’s that I will wear whenever I please….

15. KBS says:

I never wore them because I hvae big feet and skinny legs and they’d look like ridiculous, hooved contraptions. Yes you should wear what you like, but these are late.

16. Kandi says:

I was never a fan. I always thought they made people’s feet look big and clunky, especially thin women and women with skinny legs.

17. You know I love you for that…Big broad smile!

18. Claire you know I am laughing cause I realize you read my comment about those DEAD ASS PLATFORMS on the The Bombshell Dapheney form Boston. I think I blogged about the pointed toe single vamp sole in 2012. yes April 2012 you can see it here http://girlsbestfriendandcoblog.com/what-i-am-obsessing-over-5/ But of course I am a Fashionista! For many years I was ahead of the crowd, so when things are old to me when they’re new to others. It’s the life of a true fashionista! We are percieved as being snobbish or elitist but we carry that air of arrogance because we feel like been there done that catch up! Oh you can also notice the men inspired shoes I blogged about in 2012, yes y’all are still catching up to that one.

I don’t like them one bit… not for me. But do you.

20. tahlyuh says:

I’m 5’9″ and wear a 10 shoe size, so I generally avoid the the 5″ and higher heels unless they’re do die for! It seems that the platforms are more likely to have higher heel heights.

I personally don’t like platform heels with a platform of 2″ or higher. It’s garish in my opinion.

I do understand, however, that platforms are more comfortable. Basic science. Those single-soles hurt from time to time.

Dowhatchulike

21. Savannah H. says:

What? Rihanna has worn platform pumps and several times might I add. I think for now, yes platform pumps are out of style, however like every other trend, it will be revived. Maybe not soon, but eventually.

22. Claire you know I am laughing cause I realize you read my comment about those DEAD ASS PLATFORMS on the The Bombshell Dapheney form Boston. I think I blogged about the pointed toe single vamp sole in 2012. yes April 2012 you can see it here http://girlsbestfriendandcoblog.com/what-i-am-obsessing-over-5/ But of course I am a Fashionista! For many years I was ahead of the crowd, so when things are old to me when they’re new to others. It’s the life of a true fashionista! We are percieved as being snobbish or elitist but we carry that air of arrogance because we feel like been there done that catch up! Oh you can also notice the men inspired shoes I blogged about in 2012, yes y’all are still catching up to that one.

23. Claire you know I am laughing cause I realize you read my comment about those DEAD ASS PLATFORMS on the The Bombshell Dapheney from Boston. I t I blogged about the pointed toe single vamp sole in 2012. Yes April 2012 you can see it here http://girlsbestfriendandcoblog.com/what-i-am-obsessing-over-5/ But of course I am a Fashionista! For many years I was ahead of the crowd, so when things are old to me when they’re new to others. It’s the life of a true Fashionista! We are perceived as being snobbish or elitist, but we carry that air of arrogance because we feel like been there done that catch up! Oh, you can also notice the men inspired shoes I blogged about in 2012, yes y’all are still catching up with that one. I wish I had the time you dedicate to my blog, or if I could even keep a descent intern to help me maintain my blog so I can share my knowledge. Everything happens in divine order if it is meant to be. It will be!

24. DeeFresh says:

Any shoe that can double as an assault weapon on a flight or require its own carry-on bag is too big for me. I’m not a tall girl but I like being able to walk comfortably in high heels. The calf walk in hooved shoes after a night of drunken crazy just make for an inevitable ER call. I don’t wear heels often to save my knees and back but my opinion is that they’re outdated. Those that love them though, rock’em

25. Brittany says:

Only the extreme platforms are out of style and look dated. I am talking about the ones with a 2 and 3 inch platform and 6 inch heel. I’m glad, too. It was a ridiculous trend.

26. LeilaWilliams says:

I think they have taken a backseat to the pointed toe pumps.. however, I think we will see them in the winter when boots roll back around.. Platforms will always be in a lot of boots, and wedges… AS the reader above stated.. wear what you want !!! Trust me if Beyonce steps out in a pair everybody will forget about this post…

27. Tami says:

I’ve NEVER liked them and if you have an ounce of thickness to your legs or calves, they make you look chunkier and ridiculous. They always looked too trendy for me too. Glad to see them out of style finally! Yay! xoxo

28. KBS says:

@ TheFashionistachic, I would like to respecfully request that you adjust your meds and have a seat – one for each time you posted that BS _/ _/ _/ _/

29. Diva says:

glad I never invested in this trend.

30. Peaches says:

I wear what I want, platforms will always be in fashion, they are more comfortable on the ground surface, regular pointed toe flat bottoms with 5 1/2 inch heels kill the ankle and callous the bottom of your feet.

31. Deola Hassan says:

An alaia platform lace up boot will never be out of style.

32. LawyerLady says:

I say where what you want. However, those platforms have always been hideous. They are clownish and I don’t know … silly. They don’t flatter anyone. If you have skinny legs, they make your feet look like boats. If you have bigger legs, they make you look even larger. Pass on them because they are terrible on their but not because someone dictates what’s in or out.

@KBS thank you!!! hahahaha smh

34. Naturalnikki says:

I personally have never been a fan of the platform. I just dont think they can be worn everywhere with everything like a classic pump. Nothing beats a classic!

35. jeda says:

i think they have gone out of style, but some of them are still doable if done well.
    Blessings

36. Linda says:

To FASHION
    ———————————————————————————————–
    Do you realize how ridiculous you sound?

37. S says:

I think the Super-Triple-Decker-Godzilla sized platforms can be retired. However, I think a smaller more reasonable sized platform is still okay. I’m short and could use a little help in the height department and also, some platforms are more comfortable under the balls of my feet.

Twenty inch stilettos with nothing (no platform at all) under the balls of the feet to balance the height ratio is hell on your feet and ankles. I don’t care how cute the shoe is. I say balance is the key to wearing a platform or to heel height. A small, more tasteful platform is fine. However, the Weekend-Stripper-Special platforms can be retired. IMO.

38. Kish says:

When I began college in 2003 sleek pointed pumps were all the rage. Then round-toe pumps were in followed by those ridiculous platforms and I swore I would never wear pointy-toed pumps again. Now fast-forward to 2014, platforms are out and the sleek femininity of the single-sole pointed pump is back in style. My point? Fashion is cyclical (duh, we know this!) so don’t be offended if platforms are out NOW, they will be back ;-)

39. Hello says:

Following trends doesn’t make you fashionable and just because majority of people aren’t wearing something doesn’t mean it’s “out” because nothing really goes out of style you can style anything and make it work now I don’t wear this type of shoe but you wear whatever works for you

40. CaribbeanQueen says:

I personally do not like/never liked the EXTREME platform, but I do still love a platform in general. I hate the feeling of my foot being flush against the ground in heels. Only can do it with sandals.

Thank u @Savannah she jacked that from everyone else as well ppl act like she’s a fashion god when she just like everybody else- depending on a stylist

and tbh platforms make bigger feet look small bc the heel is longer which takes more focus off how long the foot is.. its stilettos which make womens feet appear large and quite wide, too at the front, I might add

43. Lola Reggy says:

O my gawd, reading the comments here is sometimes like stand up comedy. I always have a ball on this blog. Yeah I know maybe I’m just boring and should get a life, lol. Style is to each their own, wear what you like. I had platforms too. And I do not think they’re comfy. Man I nearly broke my ankles many times. One day I looked in the mirror and felt bad for myself. I looked like a streetwalker. So I got rid of them. Tried to sell them at a secondhand store, the owner got a heartattack and said noooo girl, just nooooo. So i threw them away. By the way that is one lovely picture of Keri Hilson. I would like to see more from her if it is possible. Such a pretty lady!!!!

44. Jen says:

I stand by what I was quoted as saying before, ESPECIALLY when it comes to Daffodile-like platforms. I hated those things from Day One.

However, I will expound upon my original thought, and agree with many above who stated that platforms are more comfortable. I love a single sole pump, but when I’m out on the town I’ll go with a MODEST platform, like a Pigalle Plato.

45. Gege says:

Man I love my Fendi pump shoes to death. I will never give them up. I could care less if their in style or not.

46. tid bits says:

They should be burnt.

47. marguerite says:

never liked platform heels. never liked trends.

Atrocious I thought I wS the only person who hated them they are clunky and weird looking to me ps I own 4 pair stilllll

And if you want comfort wedges are my fav but I’m down for orthopedic shoes lol

50. justme says:

I don’t like how my legs and other big legs look in extremely pointy toe shoes, and some feet look really gross the way all those veins showing. You have to wear what looks good on you. That being said I don’t like the extreme platform.