June 19th, 2014
Fashion Bombshell of the Day
Fashion Bombshell of the Day: Rae from Memphis

We’re headed down South with today’s Bombshell! Check out Rae from Memphis, Tennessee:
rae from memphis 0
The blogger writes, “ My look of the day depends on how I wake up feeling that morning, thus the variation.”

4 Rae from Memphis

” However, I’d like to think consistency comes in with tastefulness, unpredictability, and pretty neat results.”

3 Rae from Memphis
” I’d like to be able to write that vintage is my specialty..”

2 Rae from Memphis

“… Urbanwear, maybe the flirty look, or mixing prints and patterns.. etc.”

Rae from Memphis
” I can admit I love mixing prints and hats..”

00 rae from memphis
“But I like, and sport it all.”

5 Rae from Memphis
” I strive to keep off limitations.”

7 Rae from Memphis
” I just like to wear what works.. And anything can work with the right complement.”

9 Rae from Memphis
” I’m a mix of expression & experimentation.”

6 Rae from Memphis
” Isn’t that what fashion is about? :)”

8 Rae from Memphis
You’re adorable! Please send over the name of your blog so we can see more.
In the meantime, thoughts on Rae’s style?

Fashion Bombshell of the Day is a feature showcasing the singular style of Fashion Bomb Readers. Send your name, location, a description of your style, and 6-8 clear, unfiltered, head-to-toe pictures of 6-8 different outfits (no collages) to thefashionbomb@gmail.com. Images submitted will be featured on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or any of our social media platforms. Comments can be harsh, so bring your A game! Please be advised: once published, pictures will not be removed or taken down.

Posted In
37 comments

37 Responses to “Fashion Bombshell of the Day: Rae from Memphis”

1. c says:

Cute, but something about it does come off a little “trying to hard”

2. Xoxo says:

If I met her on the street, I’ll cross the other way and look back
    And if I was with my friends, I would lol

3. Ananda says:

First of all, she is gorgeous. As for the clothes? Hits and misses. Did she mug Daphne from Scooby-Doo for that purple outfit?

4. southern says:

i got a little distracted by her words, the clothes should speak for themselves. Some hits, some misses.

5. Bago says:

I’m also a bit confused…unpredictable…consistent…? Predictably inconsistent…? Cute girl tho

6. CrazyM says:

She will improve as she ages…
    I see potential.

7. FLEE says:

there’s a lot going… doing too much

8. Jess says:

Lacks cohesion. No definitive sense of style. Very “hodge podge” stuff just thrown together.

9. Fez says:

Very H&M…

10. LABound says:

She loves patterns, but she still doesn’t understand how to blend them in. I would say get some Lucky, vogues, and Elle magazines and figure it out. There is potential.

Somebody’s child playing dress up.

12. BougieHippie says:

Lovely girl and lovely style just may need a bit of time to edited it well. It’s not that she doesn’t have taste but more so need to hone in her personal aesthetic.

13. Rae says:

Well I always and gladly accept constructive criticism and happily ignore disrespectful criticism. But thank you Claire for giving me a chance today… :)

14. Sony Loren says:

After having just returned from a trip to Memphis (don’t ask), I can see how she would be considered fashionable or fashion forward in comparison to the general population. But to me, it was all a little too matchy matchy. Overall, I like the pieces individually but wouldn’t want any of them in my closet. Good effort.

15. Nicole says:

While I definitely see some misses (most of the ones where she is playing with prints), I see a lot of potential. I think all of her simple looks are on point – I love the all black/fro picture and the one following it. Continue doing you!

16. CNotes says:

I think the reason you may be coming across as playing dress up is because a lot of pieces are a bit large for your small frame. For example, in pic #7 your hair length and bag size are very long/large. Swallows you up a bit and seems as though it should be on a larger person. Same thing with picture #8. You got it right on pic #6 in the all black with accessories and medium length fro. And, I wanted to love pic #2 with the plaid, but maybe a crisp white tank underneath the blue jacket would have given it the punch it needed.

17. Rae says:

@ CNotes, I see now!! Thanks a lot for the advice! I appreciate it much!

18. CNotes says:

@Rae…..No problem. All love here.:-)

19. Marthe says:

i have to say i hate the purple satin jacket (i just dont like satin and purple lol) and the purple outfit should have been a bit different, i do like the socks. I don’t see any problems with the other looks, i really like the simple looks too like the first one, it might be my fave. You are on a good way, like there’s been said: there’s lots of potential :) Keep it up and keep being inspired and it will grow! I love your hair too btw, the fro and the long hair :) Your face and body are beautiful too!

20. Jessy says:

Looks 2+3 are cute…I agree with seeing some hits and misses (high knee socks, Jordans and the hat in the last picture is a bit youthful) but I get the image that you’re going for. Resubmit in a year…would like to see the evolution of your style over time.

21. Lola Reggy says:

A cutie pie! I love that Silence look, it works so nice with the cap, the purple blazer with that leo touch and the sneakers!! I want to steal that look!!

22. Rae says:

@Marthe my mom hated that jacket too! Thanks a lot!!

@Jessy thank you! I can appreciate all you said. I definitely will!

23. lb says:

Rae, I absolutely adored your submission! My favorite look is the all-black/tribal…closely followed by the floral mash up. I appreciate the fact that you embrace your own style and seem to do so while having fun and taking chances. I’d love to check your blog out as well, do share where we can find you!

24. Lainea says:

Somebody took Grandma’s church hat lol

Adorable, nonetheless….

25. Hello says:

I think she looks cute although I’m not a big fan of the some of the hats or the look with the Jordan’s but overall she has her own unique look

26. Morgan says:

I like the looks in the 6th (minus the shoe) and 8th (minus the hat) pictures. Personally, I don’t like hats and I hate purple. I also like the blouse in the 7th picture. Artsy. These are the only looks I find interesting. Loved the fro.

27. Minnesota says:

Some hits, some misses…! I’m confused.

28. Creolecandycrush says:

I like it it’s similar to my style .. And not overdoing it she cute and stylish I’m not with the over the top shit BOMBSHELL in my book some things I would never do but overall I love it ..

29. Creolecandycrush says:

I love it all not overdoing it at all you are adorable I guess I’m bisased because everything you wear I would too I’m not with the over the top extras and I’m a youngn so there.. From one fly girl to another ..#BOMBSHELL

30. Sasha says:

I actually loved your style and was quite surprised by some of the comments. Although those who gave their advice was spot on in which you acknowledged. I would love to see you resubmit. I think your style is evolving and does evolve with experience. @bago I think she meant that people should think outside of the box lol. Thank you for taking advice and I do see bombshell in your future :)

31. FabEllis says:

I’m seriously VERY shocked by the negative comments here. Her looks are thrown together? Trying to hard? Huh? This looks like effortless, classy style to me. Although #4 and the last outfit aren’t my personal taste, I absolutely love her looks! Very vintage and classy. Nice style! I would love to know your blog or IG name so I can follow.

32. FlameFabShawty says:

Sony Loren-I don’t, particularly, care for the negative Memphis comment. Not sure where you are from but I would love to know! I am a proud Memphian! Anywho, Very pretty girl! Some hits and misses but, overall, I think you did Memphis proud!

I love her style. Again “Her” style. Every look is a hit her style matches her character….cute, bold, and classic. Keep doing what works for you and erase everyone’s comment out of your head. And yes your style will evolve, it’s a given. Your young have fun.

34. LuLu says:

Winner.
    Cute.
    Dope.

35. Nisa.G says:

Some looks were really cute like #2 #5 and #6, others did come off as if she was trying to hard. I think after a little bit more experimentation she’ll hit a groove.

36. dyshaun says:

I like it!

I like her style over all. She’s young, sheesh! You all can be so harsh. I think her natural hair is very pretty and she should wear her hair more than the weave.