June 13th, 2014
Fashion, Fashion News, Jennifer Lopez
By News

image

• After both FIFA and a Jennifer Lopez spokesperson confirmed that J. Lo would not be hitting the stage for the World Cup Opening Ceremony, the Jenny from the Block singer changed her mind. Last night Lopez put on a fringed green custom Charbel Zoe leotard with cutouts galore and performed in Rio with Pitbull and Claudia Leitte to help kick off the World Cup. The three performed their song “We Are One.” (Twitter)

rita-ora-belvedere-vodka-cannes-party-roberto-cavalli-embellished-wrap-gown-giuseppe-zanotti-scorpion-t-bar-sandals-2

• For her latest fashion-focused venture, Rita Ora has been tapped as the face of DKNY’s new My NY scent.   Having already appeared in the DKNY’s ready to wear ad campaigns, Ora was a logical choice for the brand. With the ad campaign debuting on August 19th, the fragrance is aimed at expressing the spirit of the City. (Instagram)

fashion bomb news hm partners with jeff koons

• To tied you over until the Alexander Wang collaboration, H&M has teamed up with the artist Jeff Koons . The collaboration will span the retailer’s Fifth Avenue flagship, which Koons will turn into a museum of sort, and a Balloon Dog handbag that retails for $50. If you’re in new York, the new flagship will open at noon on July 17th. Does this sort of collaboration get your attention?(Lucky)

bryanboy kenzo orange cap hat

• In case you thought the age of the blogger is over: it’s not.  Reports have surfaced that blogger incomes are moving towards the millions.  Most of this money seems to be coming from brand extensions like designer collaborations or other brand activations rather than actual writing.  (Huffington Post)

blue ivy carter is so cute!

• Leave Blue Ivy’s hair alone! No seriously, stop.  Criticism of Beyonce and Jay Z’s only child seemed to reach it’s peak this week when a Change.org petition circulated supposedly advocating for Blue Ivy.  The petition, entitled “Comb Her Hair” have accused Jay Z and Beyonce of causing Blue to suffer from “lack of hair moisture,” saying that the “matter has escalated to the child developing matted dreads and lint balls.” Has anyone else heard of mind your own business?(Huffington Post)

13 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Jennifer Lopez and Pitbull perform at World Cup Opening Ceremony, Rita Ora is The Face of MYNY DKNY Fragrance, and There’s A Petition About Blue Ivy’s Hair”

1. Mish says:

Do you know where J-lo’s tights are from/where I can buy?

thanks in advance

2. TT says:

Lol @ Pitbull’s pants.
    I initially hated JLOs body suit but after watching it in motion I was actually impressed. I haven’t been on board for all her looks for this latest album but this was cute.

I feel just awful about this blue ivy petition… I shamefully have criticized her hair and reading that petition I felt that twinge of guilt. She’s a baby and due to her celebrity parents a simple google search will present her with that link a few years from now. Sighs. This baby has MILLIONS, it’s just hair. Anyway whatever they are doing, it’s still doing what it’s supposed to which is… Grow! She’s still a cute kid. Happy Friday folks!

3. D4ovey says:

I actually thought that Claudia’s outfit was way better than J. Lo’s. She has amazing legs which fit perfect with that outfit. And I’m a huge Jenny fan, but I didn’t like what she had on.

4. TT says:

That World Cup performance was the absolute pits. Especially pitbull’s outfit!!!

5. Georgia says:

The Blue Ivy petition is tacky, but if you post pictures on social media & you’ve got thousands if not millions of followers and you control your own image as tightly as possible–comb your child’s hair. The folks who are acting like it’s about natural hair hate are missing the point. Natural hair still needs maintenance, whether adult or child.

6. KS says:

@Georgia I agree. I have natural hair, and although I do not have a daughter, if I did I would never put a relaxer nor hot comb to it. That being said I would still comb my baby’s hair. And if I was too busy to, I would pay somebody to do it.

7. TT says:

@KS
    Being natural I’m sure I’m sure it took u time to figure out what worked and what didn’t. Beyonces a new mom of a 2 year old. She’s figuring it out

8. Pitbull looking like Mr. Evil though…

9. LuLu says:

Claudia has them legs…

10. Shelly says:

See, this picture you posted here of Blue Ivy and her hair is perfectly fine here. It looks combed, and it is twisted. The image that led to/that is being associated with the petition is the one where Jay-Z is holding her and Beyonce is wearing the Rodarte hoodie. Her hair did look pretty bad. And it wasn’t just “oh, my child just woke up” type of hair…. that poor little girls hair looked like part of it was twisted (maybe even loc’ing), while the other part was just sticking and separated every which way. This has NOTHING to do with her being natural, because there are a plethora of children who have natural (and even coarser hair, but still keep it maintained. Nothing is wrong with a brush and moisturizer. If a White celebrity walked around with their kid’s hair all over the place and seemingly un-combed, I’m sure people would speak up too.

11. shenna says:

JLo gave a bit of life to the opening ceremony. Rita Ora is so overrated. And come on guys Blue Ivy is just a child

12. Leesh says:

Yesss @Shelly hit the nail on the head! and its noooo shade AT ALLL

13. Yea ok says:

Beyoncé and Jay Z ya’ll should be ashamed of how you tote this child around with her hair looking all crazy. YOU KNOW you saw several jars of BLUE MAGIC (no pun intended) growing up! Grab a brush, get some blue magic and do this childs hair or have someone do it for you! But for you to spend MILLIONS on your own hair and just leave her looking any kind of way is wrong. We don’t need a petition to say that. WRONG WRONG WRONG