June 12th, 2014
Fashion Bombshell of the Day
Fashion Bombshell of the Day: Emelie from Helsinki

Today I’m hopping on a flight to Florence, Italy! To celebrate my European excursion, I thought I’d have a European Bombshell. Check out Emelie from Helsinki, Finland:
emelie from helsinki
The blogger for The Wardrobe of Ms. B writes, “[My style is] eclectic…”
5 Emelie from Helsinki

“…more is more.”

2 Emelie from Helsinki
“It’s inspired by history & cultures…”

Emelie from Helsinki
“… with a bit of tongue and cheek attitude.”

4 Emelie from Helsinki
“Making every outfit a story.”

3 Emelie from Helsinki
I absolutely love this. You take risks, and look cool and eclectic while doing so. Bombshell!
See more of Emelie’s looks on her blog, www.thewardrobeofmsb.blogspot.com and on Instagram @emeliebjornberg.
You feeling it?

Fashion Bombshell of the Day is a feature showcasing the singular style of Fashion Bomb Readers. Send your name, location, a description of your style, and 6-8 clear, unfiltered, head-to-toe pictures of 6-8 different outfits (no collages) to thefashionbomb@gmail.com. Images submitted will be featured on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or any of our social media platforms. Comments can be harsh, so bring your A game! Please be advised: once published, pictures will not be removed or taken down.

Posted In
46 comments

46 Responses to “Fashion Bombshell of the Day: Emelie from Helsinki”

1. tami says:

Not my cup of tea at all but she has GREAT style! xoxo

2. southern says:

liked outfit 1 and her take on more. Not so much the strapless on top and the belts.

3. LuLu says:

Her style is very kitschy

Edgy and eclectic!

5. tahlyuh says:

I agree with the first commenter. Not my cup, but I appreciate her style. Go ‘head!

6. CrazyM says:

Love it!

7. Stephane says:

Not for me personally, but the first picture with the white suit is fab!

8. Marthe says:

She may have better pieces than that last girl you all hated (who didnt smile in her pics, with the box braids bun) but she looks as bad as her. Why are you all liking this? It looks awful, those converse shoes are horrible, i used to wear those when i was 12…

9. LolaRose84 says:

It’s like Bag lady haute couture. It’s almost like the idea is good, but the execution comes out looking cheap and just out of place. It’s wonderful to be inspired by fashion, but you don’t want to look homeless or crazy while trying to be unique.

10. mel says:

i love it. She’s unique but it works. It doesn’t look like she’s playing dress up. Absolutly a bombshell!!

11. MsClassic says:

That first picture with the suit love it!! Not my style but she owns hers!

Almost a bombshell! She needs to scale back just a wee bit and it would be FABULOUS!

13. Lola Reggy says:

Freak….

14. Loulou says:

I really like how interesting she makes her outfits! I like that she plays with patterns and colors in unexpected ways! Bombshell!

15. Jess says:

Fab sense of style, unique and eclectic indeed. Love the feather hat! I appreciate her artistry.

16. SMV says:

More is More indeed!!! she got the timbs the african print.. but the white suit!!! im here for it!

17. Your style kind of reminds me of a younger version of what I imagine Ms. Trelawney would have dressed like. I mean that in a good way. You’re very eclectic, eccentric and bold.

Love the first pic, photo shoot-ready!

19. MsNomer says:

Cyndi Lauper realness, and I’m here for it!

20. CLAIRE!! I sighed a huge sigh of relief when I saw this submission. So on point fashion wise. Edgy and different but well put together. I see so many young women attempt to do this and fail. This chic gets it right. She clearly has the disposable income to do so as well. I peep the Goyard and Stella Jean amongst other names here. But if you can afford it – I say GO FOR IT!! YES! Bombshell!

21. anonymous says:

African American women are the first to call someone else’s things cheap. i’ve never seen a more petty,mean and surly group of broads like the bunch of you. birds..

22. Coco says:

Seriously, this woman knows the meaning of personal style. She has created her own look and I love it. High. Low. Vintage. Ethnic without appropriating. To me, this is what a Fashion Bomber is. To inspire you to be you. We need more people like her that don’t just buy what’s styled on the mannequin. If there was a crowd of people in a room, she would be the person I’d want to talk to and definitely the person i’d remember. (insert slow movie clap here)

CC
    Style Curator at High Cotton Harlem

23. tlc246 says:

Walking art! Bombshell!

24. KBS says:

Very 2014 Carrie Bradshaw via Pat Fields. Especially that feather contraption on her head. I love it.

25. RHONYC says:

she slayed it. my fave is the pant suit & feather headpiece and her hair is gorg! :)

It edges a little too close to ‘costume-y’ for me, but I Love that her style is consistent and executed well.

27. Morgan says:

It’s crazy. It’s Bombshell. The complete opposite of me but I can appreciate her fashion. I can see her inspiration and how she’s not trying to give you a pretty interpretation.

28. koko says:

i like it.

29. Rashida says:

I adore her style! She looks great!!!!!!! It is her! Very unique!

30. Jessy says:

31. ladyv103 says:

I enjoyed this submission entirely! I feel like she hit the bombshell mark by infusing originality with actual style.

32. Lila says:

I’ve noticed that submissions from non American/European countries a received with very little criticism. If a Black girl had been wearing this, you all would’ve called her all KINDS of “hot mess”.

She looks like she’s trying way too hard and the outfits look like costumes.

33. RHONYC says:

@ Lila

no grease…but, i never felt the BOTD post comments were racially influenced. folks are quite frank regarding the ‘clothing’. but, whatevs…this ain’t Bossip. *sips Valerian tea* :)

34. Lila,you said it the way it should be written in the bible.i’ve noticed same thing.

35. I see says:

FOR REAL CLAIRE ! ANYWAY I JUST SORRY ! WHAT A CRYING SHAME & YOU KNOW I’M TALKING ABOUT.

36. SMH says:

I agree with Lila..that’s all I have to say.

37. Her look is EVERYTHING!! I love it all!!! She pulled it off well!!! I don’t normally comment but I just had to on this one!!

38. Hello says:

I agree with Lila as well that’s something I’ve noticed too moving on she has an eclectic funky style

39. itStartsWithSelfLove says:

Lila spoke the truth. Self hatred is real. We overly criticize each other (black women) n blindly worship others. So sad… I think this submission is awful. Everything looks thrown together and unedited. Clown like.

40. iloveshoes says:

@Lila hit the nail on the head.

This is an all around No.

41. I love every piece individually but together, its just not my taste but she is doing her thing. You can tell she loves fashion. I love that.

42. Nisa.G says:

OMG, I THINK IM IN LOVE!!! I could look at her pictured all day. her style is super unique.

43. ashley says:

Totally agree with lila. Clicked on the comments to confirm this preexisting notion.
    HOT MESS

44. Jessy says:

Agree with the other ladies…really, a corset top layered on a long.sleeved collared shirt, faux Mohawk and other items just thrown together (let’s be honest, few of these looks are wearable)…I guess it’s ‘art’ and ‘high fashion’ depending on the person.

45. Felicia says:

Awesome style. I love when people just do them.

46. aggie says:

Refreshing! Nice not to see cookie-cutter American looks! Love her creativity!