June 8th, 2014
Celebrity Style, Hot or Hmm

Lupita Nyong’o accepted the Rainmaker Award at the Maui Film Festival in Christian Louboutin Duplice Wedges, Vita Fede Eclipse Earrings, and a Palm Printed Dress from Fausto Puglisi’s Spring 2014 Collection:
lupita-nyongo-maui-film-festival-palm-print-fausto-puglisi-spring-2014-turquoise-purple-blue
Beauty is her name!
2 Lupita Nyong'o's Maui Film Festival Fausto Puglisi Spring 2014 Palm Print Mini Dress
Her dress was modeled in a purplish hue, and is finished with gold embellishments.
Lupita Nyong'o's Maui Film Festival Fausto Puglisi Spring 2014 Palm Print Mini Dress 2
While I love this dress (and think it’s appropriately festive for Hawaii), it does nothing for her amazing shape. It’s giving me lampshade chic. Am I alone?
What do you think?

4 Lupita Nyong'o's Maui Film Festival Fausto Puglisi Spring 2014 Palm Print Mini Dress

8 Responses to “Hot! or Hmm…: Lupita Nyong’o’s Maui Film Festival Fausto Puglisi Spring 2014 Palm Printed Mini Dress”

1. Jasmily says:

I like it . It’s effortless, nice choice for the event. I think non curvy girls can pull off lampshade chic.

2. Jazzy says:

This dress is ugly period!! No bueno !!

I like it too. Lampshade chic is doing it for me.

4. vanny says:

wrong shoes, a great shoe as so kate or any other sleek nude pumps, lil accessories would have uplifted the dress. Never under estimate the power of shoes.I like the dress , i think its chic and simple.

5. Sasha says:

I love this look but I agree with @Vanny! A different shoe would have been perfect!!

6. k says:

I love this look and the shoe. I love that Lupita plays with different silhouettes. She’s no one trick pony and that’s part of her allure. I absolutely adore this. So radiant.

7. dyshaun says:

PERFECT. Get into new shapes. Its for the best.

8. ASM says:

Now I’m convinced that this woman could wear a potato sack and still look beautiful. For me this is an example of when bad clothes happen to good people.