June 6th, 2014
Shopping, Style Inspiration, What to Wear
Spring 2014 Style Inspiration: What to Wear to a Sorority High Tea Event
By Danielle Nicole

The weekend has arrived! And I’m sure you lovely ladies have a long list of enjoyable to-dos to help you wind down from your busy work week. If a brunch or a fashionable weekend meet-up with your gal pals is on that list, today’s style inspiration may be just what you need.

Reader Kéila writes, “Hi! My sorority, Alpha Kappa Alpha, Incorporated, is hosting an afternoon high tea event and I have no idea what to wear! I do know that I’m on a budget, want to wear pink and/or green, and would love to include gloves in my ensemble…Can you help me?”

Sip tea with your sorors in a pink tulip print skirt and a pearl embellished neoprene top. Add accents of green with a sleek pump and a sparkly box clutch.

What to Wear to High Tea Ted Baker Kobi Tulips Printed Skirt Simone Rocha Pearl Embellished Neoprene Top Sergio Rossi Suede Pointed Toe Pumps in AquamarineOpt for a pair of lunar pearl earrings, black lace gloves, and a pastel makeup palette for added detail.

Slip into a textured satin crepe dress and a pair of pearl embellished sling-back peep-toes to create the perfect high tea ensemble.

What to Wear to High Tea Jonathan Saunders Helen Green Textured Satin Crepe Dress Nicholas Kirkwood Swarvoski Pearl Embellished Satin Platform Pump Awon Golding Ivory Feather Lombardy BeretA fancy feather beret, a satin printed clutch, and a pair of cluster pearl earrings give the look that extra pizzazz. Match your mani to your dress and volumize your lashes for the final beauty touch.

Pluck a pink frock for option #3. Give the look a sophisticated touch with a feather and lace embellished hat, a black and white printed pump, and a sequin pattern box clutch.

What to Wear to High Tea Lulu Rafia Dress Gianvito Rossi Arizona Pump Diane Von Furstenberg Sequin Pattern Box ClutchDon’t forget to grab your pearls and perfect your pout with a plush pink lipstick option.

And for you curvy AKAs, adorn a pretty in pink printed dress with delicate pearl embellishments for a feminine flare.

What to Wear to High Tea No. 21 Short Dress Giuseppe Zanotti Pump Lulu Townsend Pearl Covered Frame ClutchBlack satin pumps, a frilly black headband, and a soft pink makeup palette complete this chic look.

And that’s all I’ve got for today’s style inspiration! Wishing everyone a fabulous weekend. Until next week…ciao!

9 Responses to “Spring 2014 Style Inspiration: What to Wear to a Sorority High Tea Event”

1. Kim says:

So cute! Makes me want to find a tea party to attend.

2. Marsha D says:

Have MERCY! And she even incorporated the PEARLS! *faints* You know my kind all to well! Enjoy the tea Soror!

3. Marthe says:

These looks make me want to change my style COMPLETELY. These are all so beautiful and sophisticated!

4. Sasha says:

Danielle Nicole you did this for sure!! I love these outfits!

5. Kim says:

Where are the shades from in the first look?

6. Trina says:

How could someone not know what to wear to their own sorority’s event? No LS’s? One would think they would teach those types of things…but any who, that frilly headband is flyyy.

7. Feather says:

I’m not girly enough to wear things like this… but the last one is okay minus the clutch.

8. Kari says:

I LOVE these outfit ideas! High tea is one of my favorite things to do. In the past, I wrote an article, “How to Dress for Afternoon Tea and 5 Things You Should Know Before Going”. Find it here: http://chicagoings.com/what-to-wear-to-afternoon-tea-and-5-things-you-should-know-before-going/