June 3rd, 2014
The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Watch Rihanna’s Full CFDA Speech, Karl Lagerfeld Designs For Louis Vuitton, and Joseph Altuzarra Wins CFDA Womenswear Designer
- In addition to showing all of her goodies at the CFDA Awards, Rihanna actually had a pretty good speech worked up. “I grew up on a very small island, and I didn’t have a lot of access to fashion. But as far as I could remember, fashion has always been my defense mechanism. Even as a child I remember thinking, ‘She can beat me, but she cannot beat my outfit,’” she said. She went on to lavish praise on her many stylists, picking out Mel Ottenberg in particular saying “Mel Ottenberg, thank you! You GET ME. You honestly get me and you understand what I’m trying to say. I can send you two pictures and you bring back the rack full of exactly what I wanted.” See the full interview above. (NY Mag)
- In case you ever wondered what Karl Lagerfeld would do if given the chance to design at Louis Vuitton, ready your purse. Lagerfeld joins five ‘Iconoclasts’ in designing bags and luggage focused on Louis Vuitton’s brown and gold monogram. Slated to hit stores in mid-October pricing between $2,725 and $5,450, other collaborators include Rei Kawubo and Christian Louboutin. In addition to this, Lagerfeld and Cindy Sherman(another collaborator) will also make limited edition numbered trunks. (WWD)
- Samuel L Jackson is headed to London. During London Collections: Men, the actor will host other actors like Luke Evans and Simon Pegg for a ‘fashion ball’ to benefit Jackson’s charity One For The Boys. The event will host a catwalk show — Jackson will be one of the models — to feature brands like Fendi, Alexander McQueen and Y-3. The charity raises awareness and funds to educate men about cancer. (Fashion United)
- In case you had a “who is he” look on your face when Joseph Altuzarra’s name was announced as the next Target collaboration, the designer now has another accolade to add to his mantle: CFDA Womenswear Designer of the Year. Undoubtedly the most coveted prize of the night — though not the most discussed about spectacle, — Altuzarra was joined in the winners’ circle by Public School who won the CFDA Menswear Designer of the Year award. Other winners included Tom Ford for the Geoffrey Beene Lifetime Achievement Award, Mary-Kate Olsen and Ashley Olsen of the Row for Accessories Designer of the Year, Bethann Hardison who received the Founders Award, and Dior’s Raf Simons for the International Award. (Vogue UK)
- J.W. Anderson is rapidly building his brand. Having received an investment from LVMH around the same time as Nicholas Kirkwood, the Irish designer recently hired a CEO and opened e-commerce. One of his rules to success: “With fashion, you always have to make a cult in your own generational peer group.” Anderson has collaborated with Versus Versace(above) in the past. (BOF)
- Diane Von Furstenburg has partnered with NetaPorter and Google Glass to bring Google Glass to the basses. Well kinda. For the low, low price of $1,700 come June 23, anyone will be able to buy Google Glass from Net-a-porter or Mr Porter. For those with the technology already, the frames will be available for $120-225.
One Response to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Watch Rihanna’s Full CFDA Speech, Karl Lagerfeld Designs For Louis Vuitton, and Joseph Altuzarra Wins CFDA Womenswear Designer”
Leave a Reply
Popular Posts This Week
Accessories Angela Simmons Beauty Beyonce Celebrity Style Chanel Christian Louboutin Ciara Claire's Life Dolce Gabbana Ethnic Models Fashion Fashion Bombshell of the Day Fashion News Fashion Show Fashion Week Giuseppe Zanotti Givenchy Gucci Hot or Hmm Jennifer Lopez Jimmy Choo Kanye West Kelly Rowland Kim Kardashian Lala Anthony Look for Less Men's style Naomi Campbell New York Nicki Minaj Real Style Rihanna Rita Ora Shoes Shopping Show Review Snapshot Solange Knowles Steal Style Inspiration Topshop Versace What to Wear Who Wore it Better
blog advertising is good for you
Bras: Victoria Secrets, sexy, Plus Size Bras in the bigger greatest store online.