May 30th, 2014
The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: The NY Times Chats with Rihanna’s Stylist Mel Ottenberg, Vogue Makes Instagram Shoppable, and Apple Buys Beats by Dre for $3 Billion
- The New York Times sat down with Rihanna’s stylist Mel Ottenberg, who styles the songstress for her tours, videos, and her numerous appearances around the world. On the eve of her CFDA Fashion Icon award recognition, Ottenberg says, “Her love of fashion, her becoming such a genius at using fashion as a creative expression, that’s sort of blossomed in the last couple years. I saw the potential there. [I thought] I could take that and really do something with that.” What do you think of how Mel’s transformed Rih’s look? (NY Times)
- Giambattista Valli’s plate is about to get a little more full. In addition to designing his couture line and his namesake label (as well as Moncler Gamme Rouge), the designer has announced a new collection named Giamba. A ready to wear collection itself, the line will bow in Milan this year. The four yearly collections that he designs for this brand should bring his total up to 10 collections a year split between fashion shows in two cities; this is the sort of thing that leads to designer burnout! (WWD)
- Vogue leads the way with fashion magazines turning their Instagram feeds “shoppable.” While The Fashion Bomb has been using LIKEtoKNOW.IT for a while now, to allow you to shop products that celebrities wear from our Instagram, Vogue is getting in on the foray, having debuted the technology in their feed. Get ready to see a lot more magazines clutter your feed with those links; as we know, where Vogue goes others follow. (Vogue)
- In “b*tch stole my look” news, a Korean model had plastic surgery to look like Miranda Kerr. You read that exactly right: homegirl went under the knife to get her eyelids and nose redone in addition to wearing blue contact lenses, dying her hair honey brown and doing her makeup to resemble a model. While we totally understand “fan love,” theres a point at which you should probably find your chill. (Fashion Gone Rogue)
- The news is official: Apple has bought Beats by Dre for $3 billion. While the company has decided to keep using the Beats brand as opposed to changing it to something like iBeats or iBuds, the logo has changed to have an able instead of the interchangeable ‘b,’ ‘d.’ Furthermore, Dr. Dre will actually be kept on at the brand as well as his co-founder Jimmy Iovine. The purchase of the company is the largest acuisition in Apple history. Keep on keeping on Dre! (WSJ)
Photo from WSJ.
5 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: The NY Times Chats with Rihanna’s Stylist Mel Ottenberg, Vogue Makes Instagram Shoppable, and Apple Buys Beats by Dre for $3 Billion”
Leave a Reply
Popular Posts This Week
Accessories Angela Simmons Beauty Beyonce Celebrity Style Chanel Christian Louboutin Ciara Claire's Life Dolce Gabbana Ethnic Models Fashion Fashion Bombshell of the Day Fashion News Fashion Show Fashion Week Giuseppe Zanotti Givenchy Gucci Hot or Hmm Jennifer Lopez Jimmy Choo Kanye West Kelly Rowland Kim Kardashian Lala Anthony Look for Less Men's style Naomi Campbell New York Nicki Minaj Real Style Rihanna Rita Ora Shoes Shopping Show Review Snapshot Solange Knowles Steal Style Inspiration Topshop Versace What to Wear Who Wore it Better
blog advertising is good for you
Bras: Victoria Secrets, sexy, Plus Size Bras in the bigger greatest store online.