May 27th, 2014
Fashion Bombshell of the Day
Fashion Bombshell of the Day: Pamela from South Africa

We’re bringing a bit of South African flavor today with Bombshell, Pamela:
pamela from south africa
She writes, ” I tend to wear mostly white…”
7 Pamela from South Africa
“…my perfect everyday shoe is flats and when I’m not working.”

6 Pamela from South Africa
“I feel most like myself in the big city Durban lol.”

5 Pamela from South Africa
” I am most comfortable in the latest trend.”
3 Pamela from South Africa
See more here:
Pamela from South Africa

4 Pamela from South Africa

2 Pamela from South Africa

1 Pamela from South Africa

Beautiful! And I just love our international submissions.
What do you think?

Fashion Bombshell of the Day is a feature showcasing the singular style of Fashion Bomb Readers. Send your name, location, a description of your style, and 6-8 clear, unfiltered, head-to-toe pictures of 6-8 different outfits (no collages) to thefashionbomb@gmail.com. Images submitted will be featured on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or any of our social media platforms. Comments can be harsh, so bring your A game! Please be advised: once published, pictures will not be removed or taken down.

Posted In
51 comments

51 Responses to “Fashion Bombshell of the Day: Pamela from South Africa”

1. Brittany says:

Maybe some others will like this submission, but for me it’s a nope, not even close. The hair is especially bad.

2. FLEE says:

that hair… NO MA’AM! the fashions are a NO as well.

3. Rachel says:

I’m really disappointed in this Bombshell choice. I look to this feature to inspire me and I felt anything but.

4. Nikki says:

The best I can do is mediocre. I absolutely hate her hair. It would be one thiing if it was just one pic with hair like this but it was all. As if she took them all in one day. Utterly confused and disappointed in today’s submission.
    The hair is the richest ornament of women. ~Martin Luther

A hairstyle is the final tip of whether or not a woman really knows herself- Hubert de Givenchy

5. Fez says:

She only displayed one white outfit for someone who claims that they tend to wear white& that hair is a modern day tragedy. How did this submission make it this far?!

6. tahlyuh says:

The hair killed the submission. We all know what look she’s trying to achieve, but it’s executed so poorly. Clearly, this style requires some sort of braiding hair. However, velociraptor nubs at the top makes it very obvious, and the real hair is dry. It’s all wrong. It would’ve been fly otherwise, although.

I also enjoy bombshells with a variety of hair. I’m very much a wear it in a high bun one day, wear it curly the next, wear it straight the next, throw on a half wig the next. I don’t change it up to much, but my hair looks different for different occasions.

Other than the hair, I enjoyed her first, third, sixth and seventh looks.

I would love to see a future submission a year or two from now.

7. fortunatess says:

I like her outfits….

The hair??? I dont get it.

9. C says:

I like her vibe. Her words and photos come off as “I do what I want”. And that show’s in her outfits and hair choices. He is giving RiRi attitude but with her own look. I mean she’s who says they are most comfortable in the “latest trends” (which I can so see RiRi saying) She basically saying I like to stay fly….lol

10. Bijoux says:

I realize that I’m in the minority with respect to the comments (and perhaps the votes) thus far, but I happen to think she looks fabulous. In fact, I especially liked her hairstyle. it’s trite but true, beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder.

The only look I’m partial to is the Third one. Not bombshell to me, just an okay style.

12. Dreadful Beauty says:

I guess I’m in the minority. I didn’t think the clothing choices were that bad. Not a bombshell but not much different than the other submissions we’ve be subjected to as of lately. However, the hair is definitely a HELL TO THE NO!

13. simiyalala says:

I love her look. I think her hair is a lot better than a lot of folks with these out of control weaves. She likkle and she cute. Go girl.

14. Jess from london says:

I’m really shocked as to why people are making such negative comments about her hair. The hair quotations were so ridiculous. I think the style suits her, it’s different and it’ identifies her. Who cares if it’s in all her pics that’s her look. Besides there’s not one outfit the hairstyle fails to compliment. Love it

She looks cute to me!! I like her hair! I like her outfits she looks pulled together and sporty chic! Did it ever cross your small minds that in South Africa things on the hair front are different?!
    And to whoever said it looks dry?! Stop hating!!! You can’t even see it well enough to confirm that!!
    As black women we love to tear each other down!! Sad

16. Omgeezy!!! says:

That’s my comment ^^^^and she has a darling shape!! Don’t mind the hate!! Go Girl!!!

Never

18. Leah says:

How is not liking her hair hating? Simply not liking ones hair is not hating in book stop making everything about hating y’all kill me with that.

19. Leah says:

How is not liking her hair hating? Simply not liking ones hair is not hating in my book stop making everything about hating y’all kill me with that.

20. SHARONGEE says:

nothing is wrong with her hair…its neat, it is a safe style that can be rocked dressed up or down.

the clothes are put together cute. but disppointed with the shoe game.

I gave her an okay but not bomb…just ok.

21. Mia says:

She got those crack head braids. Her style is just normal.

WhAts her IG….I like what I see!

I like her style but that hair Lord help her

24. lia. says:

love the bombshell.Africa representing. love love the hair. Dont mind these Americans they are used to wearing dead white womens hair and thats what they think is preety. In most African countries people rock their own hair, or some kind of braid or something thats not common to America. If i were you honey i will take some of these comments with a grain of salt. These African Americans do not travel, grow up in the hood , stay in the hood. Do not know anything outside of the dead white womens hair. Stay slaying.

25. Honeybrown says:

Her look isn’t my cup of tea, but then again it’s her aesthetic not mines. She is very beautiful and seems very confident…..Okay as for the hair (being a sister that rocks her own natural hair) I’m very partial to it. Could it have been executed better? Yes, but I would rather see a sister rocking cornrows rather than 5 bundles of eurasianphillipinomexicanrussian hair and that’s just my opinion. I see her style evolving and I hope she resubmits in the future.

26. mika says:

i love a girl who can rock flat shoes and look so confident. i actually like the hair. its different. you cute and screams check me out. you have a cool vibe. i like these international submissions Claire. Different but cool

I think she looks fine, young and trendy, not a bombshell but just a regular girl with regular style.

28. Trina says:

I had my hair in goddess braids a time or two, and I know no one considered them crack head braid. They weren’t just like that, but still.

29. Kandi says:

Her hair is fine. I will tske this any day over the tired bundles I see daily here in Atlanta. Her style is comfy and cute. Nothing out of the ordinary, but it seems to suit her.

I liked her outfits. They were simply out of the box.

31. Tyson MaSTER_TEE Gabela says:

Am so loving the style of Pamela, you are rocking my dear :) , you know what to wear
    Thumbs up to you (Y)

32. ang says:

unfortunately, the hair and makeup also needs to change with some of the outfits. those details are a miss.

33. Jumoke says:

Thank u Lia for your comment. African American woman usually amaze me with their comments on blogs,most especially fashion blogs. If this girl had put up different hairstyles one silly commenter would have said “not feeling her wigs”. Or what’s up with all the wigs,luv urself”(rme). The girl uses one hairstyle and people are saying this WTF! Please travel more out of America,hair is viewed differently in other parts of the world and by the way I am Nigerian. I really like this submission,she is not really a bombshell,but she is on her way there.

34. Lolita says:

Crack head braids??? What a vile non-constructive comment! You must be the most unloved human being ever cause that’s the only way you can know how to spew such venom. And black Americans always cry about the rascism in the US, how do expect the white folks to show you any respect of you don’t have any for your race?

35. yes/no says:

Danm ! That body is hot ! PAMELA,you rock girl.As a matter of fact,Am rocking same hair style like yours & guess what ? 3 of my friends did same after seeing mine but mine have no gap.l love almost all your outfit just not feeling 2.you own your style with confidence .you are HOT Pamela just try smiling when next you have a camera in your face to soften your look.

36. MsNomer says:

@Lia – You just invalidated your entire argument with your ignorant and sweeping generalizations about African American women in America. How is what you said any better than those you attempted to chastise? There have been bombshells featured to RAVE reviews that rocked naturals, bald heads, braids, dreads, etc. And when other bombshells with BAD WEAVES AND WIGS are featured, they are treated the same. This post ASKS for the readers opinion on the fashion, and that includes HAIR, so have several seats boo! #youtriedit

37. J says:

Her hair totally threw me off. She’s so pretty– but those braids were a major distraction.

-J

38. J says:

Her style however, was super comfy. Not quite a bombshell… but cute! I like!

-J

39. Starla says:

I honestly thought I was the only one who hated her hair, it just gave me some Baphomet feel that obviously is not good, but that may be what’s up in SA. Her style is urban chic, I guess, nothing remarkable or memorable. She look like a cool girl to hang out with, but not to use for fashion inspiration.

40. LuLu says:

I think she’s hella cute, braids and all. I also feel like she has the type of face/skin that doesn’t need a lot of makeup to look fly.

I guess we’re so used to seeing 42 inch euro weaves and a “beat face” to really appreciate the beauty in simplicity.

Her outfits are trendy, but she’s a bombshell simply because of her confidence.

41. loveisme says:

where is a dayum smile?????
    duck lips is not cute for every pick…..
    and do you have another hairstyle?

42. dyshaun says:

Pretty. Cute clothes.

43. Monica says:

@Lia SMH LOL

One of the most ignorant comments I have ever read.
    Coming from a “black” american, first let me say that I actually dont mind the hair because I feel like it fits her. It is not my style but I dont think it looks bad and I also feel like some comments were influenced by previous comments. As far as your comment is concerned, you pretty much called us ignorant but yet ignorance was shown all throughout your text.

I will address each comment one by one.
    “Dont mind these Americans they are used to wearing dead white womens hair and thats what they think is preety.”- true and false- While many people do look beautiful with their weaves, there are MANY black american women who hate them and see weaves as self hate. They have no problem letting you know either.

“In most African countries people rock their own hair, or some kind of braid or something thats not common to America.”- LOL… im not sure about this because I’ve never been to an African country. What I can say is that I know a plethora of Africans living here in the UK and MOST of them wear weaves or “dead white woman hair” as you would call it and to be completely honest they always look stiff????? Also, if you look at previous bombshells from Africa most wore weaves and wigs so Im not sure how accurate your statement is. If im just basing my opinion of what I see locally and on the internet, then this statement is false. But Imma just let that go.
    “These African Americans do not travel, grow up in the hood , stay in the hood.” – false. I’ve been to 11 different countries, pretty much every american state and have met people from all aroud the world. My African American friends are also frequent travelers. Grew up near the hood (so what?) but now I live in Cambridge, UK….. so please tell us more about ourselves….

p.s. We dont wear white women’s hair it doesnt blend that well with our texture honey.

44. Hello says:

Lmao Lia really tried to fight ignorance with more ignorance moving on her hair is poorly executed but she does have a cute shape and I think in a few years time she will def be a bombshell

45. ChrissyPoo says:

I love love love the plaid skirt outfit but I love even more your pleated skirt ensemble. Cuteness Go girl!

46. Lola Reggy says:

Forget the Bombshell articles, it gets worse every single time. Let’s stick to real street style, that one is much more fun and inspiring. This is starting to hurt, really!

47. Nisa. G says:

I love her style. I wouldn’t mind being her shopping buddy!but her hair…. it’s a tiny problem that can be fixed.

48. luwi says:

I absolutely love her style and the hair. As for the hair comment I live in Africa and most women here rock weaves just as much as African American women do. Her hair is Fab IMO and her style is funky and fresh. I personally wouldn’t wear most of it but I love it on her. BOMBSHELL.

49. Kam Kam says:

I love her style. Very cute!

50. Keeping increase in inflation costs, the cost of the real
    estate and money crunch in mind, as we have decided to raise
    the price of real estate, as stated by the Chief
    Executive of Noida-Greater Noida. Peace and prosperity are all there having likeminded people as
    the neighbor. According to the court’s order, the Greater Noida and Noida authority had to come across an extra compensation package
    of Rs.