May 23rd, 2014
Sponsored Video: Coppertone Sunscreen’s CLEARLYSheer Line

Hey!

So as I mentioned last week, I was in the city for a fun Coppertone party to learn all about the brand’s new CLEARLYSheer Line.

Coppertone Sunscreen's CLEARLYSheer Line
A lot of people of color don’t believe they necessarily need Sunscreen, but as I learned from from dermatologist Dr. Elizabeth K. Hale, who is a consultant to Coppertone, we can be just as susceptible, especially on the palms of our hands and the soles of our feet—Bob Marley died of melanoma in his foot! At any rate, with the summer months approaching and beaches beckoning, it was interesting to learn about their new products. The  CLEARLYSheer product line goes on like a dream, and offers light yet powerful protection against the sun’s damaging rays.
Coppertone Sunscreen's CLEARLYSheer Line

I was actually asked by Coppertone to host a fun video, and ask my fellow bloggers about their summer plans and how they keep their sun screened.
claire sulmers fashion bomb daily jenni i spy diy coppertone
Check it out below:

Learn more about Coppertone CLEARLYSheer products at Coppertone.com.

Thoughts on the viddy?
Thanks to Bryce Gruber of The Luxury Spot, Rach Martino of RachMartino.com, Mercedes of BeChicMag, and Jenni of I Spy DIY for participating!

Disclosure: This post is sponsored the Style Coalition.

Posted In
6 comments

6 Responses to “Sponsored Video: Coppertone Sunscreen’s CLEARLYSheer Line”

1. southern says:

well whatever you use, sponsored or not, you’re always glowing/radiant

2. Titi says:

I personally use copper stone sport and it’s fantastic. I do feel like it’s a tad thick for everyday use as I usually use it on vacation or beach and swim days. U have the pool beach days pictures but I wanna try the sunny days one. Hopeful my skin responds well.

3. Moneboo says:

I’m soooooo glad FBD decided to post this topic !!!!! Many of us really think sunscreen is not necessary and go years and years without seriously utilizing this important product. I’m only 25 and although I won’t say I use my sunscreen as religiously as some, I will say I’ve begun developing the habit of using this product daily if not all over, then at least on my face and neck. I recommend a chemical free formula for the face so you don’t end up with teary eyes throughout the day. My derm recommended Elta MD (I believe this is the name). No chems, no fragrance, non-comodegenic, non irritant…overall it’s just pretty good and pretty powerful. Goes on absolutely clear and is great for usage under make up. For the body..these spray formulas are it hunty. I remember growing up using those thick creams, and rubbing for hours to blend in the white residue. Now, you can use these clear spray formulas and have a nice, subtle, sun kissed, sexy glow. I actually love the smell of sunscreen too. That beachy, coco-nutty smell. It instantly reminds me of a vacay. I urge everyone to test out some sunscreen and start using them ASAP. Around this time of year, Sephora sells a sun emergency kit of the sort with a good amount of samples to try. Good for trying out! 5, 10, 20 years from now…you’ll be glad you did. It’s also never too late to start either.

4. Sasha says:

Claire you look gorgeous as always. I will definitely give this product a try thanks for the info!!

5. Kathlene says:

As with anything, this is not so simple. The fact is that the safety of the nano particles used to make sunscreen clear is still questionable. Also, the fact that Black people get melanoma is evidence that you need to check your skin for suspicious discoloration at least yearly.

The type of melanoma that Bob Marley had (that Black people tend to get) acral letiginous melanoma, is not believed to be caused by UV exposure. They tend to occur in spots that receive limited exposure, like the soles of your feet.

Also, please don’t od on the sunscreen. If you are using any sort of corrective screen cream on your face, do wear it religiously as dark skin is prone to hyper pigmentation. Arms and legs if you plan to be outside for hours, otherwise, take am easy. Afterall one of the biggest issues with dark skin people is too little exposure leading to vitamin D deficiency.

6. teetee says:

thanks for the helpful info .i didnt know he died of melanoma. i thought it was lung cancer.

btw, your skin looks like a chocolate dream lol