May 22nd, 2014
Beyonce, Concert, Jay-Z, Shopping, Style Inspiration, What to Wear
What to Wear to Beyonce and Jay Z’s On The Run Concert Tour
By Danielle Nicole

I’m heading into the long weekend giving you Bey-Hive devotees a peek into a few style suggestions for the summer’s most anticipated concert series.

Tammy writes, “Hey Claire, Okay I know that you have done what to wear to a concert a million times, but this is my first concert and my bestfriends and I are going to see Beyonce and Jay-Z for my 25th birthday in her hometown of Houston on July 18th. Please help me! I’m a plus size woman and I really really need your help!! Thanks so much in advance”.

For wardrobe option #1, step out in a graphic muscle tank and a pair of faux leather leggings for a rocker chic look. You’ll be standing the majority of the time, so forego the pumps or a strappy high heel sandal and settle into a two-color patent wedge.

What to Wear to the On The Run Tour Givenchy Muscle Tank Mansur Garviel Leather Bucket Bag The Row Moto Stretch-Leather Skinny PantsTo complete the look, throw a black bucket bag over your shoulder, opt for simple gold jewelry, and add a pop of color with a vibrant nail polish option and mirrored sunglasses.

Add a bold top to a blazer and pleated shorts set. Mix in vivid shades & striking prints with a Givenchy Snakeskin Striped Clutch and a Vivienne Westwood pump.

What to Wear to the On The Run Tour Givenchy Snakeskin Striped Clutch Vivienne Westwood Maggie Pump Carven High-Waisted Oversized Raffia ShortsA nameplate necklace, twisted gold hoop earrings, and a purple mani add the finishing touch.

And for the rest of you gals attending the On The Run tour, I’ve got a few options for you as well.

Tap into your inner Partition with a whimsical black on black ensemble. Dress up a strapless satin jumpsuit with a lace bunny ears headband and an embroidered black clutch.

What to Wear to the On The Run Tour Milly Strapless Matte-Satin  Christian Louboutin Patent Spike Pigalle Mason Michel Heidi Rabbit Ears & Lace HeadbandAdd a bit of edge with a sexy spiked pump and jeweled statement earrings. Finish things off with a sparkly black nail lacquer, a smoky lid, and lush lashes.

And there’s nothing like a pair of cutoff shorts and a graphic tee to create a chic concert look. Add some flavor with a Brooklyn Nets snapback, doorknocker earrings, and a pair of retro shades.

What to Wear to the On The Run Tour Sophia Webster Clementine Strappy To-The-Knee Gladiator Sandal Loeffler Randall Lock ClutchTake things up a notch with a trendy pair of gladiator sandals, a graphic clutch, and a red lip.

And there you  have it! What do you ladies think of today’s options? Are they Knowles-Carter clan approved?

17 Responses to “What to Wear to Beyonce and Jay Z’s On The Run Concert Tour”

1. Honeybrown says:

I hope my comment shows up this time.

Those last two looks are EVERYTHING! Yaassss!

Thanks so much for this post…I’ll be attending the concert in New Orleans!!

4. Honeybrown says:

Danielle Nicole I love your post! While all of the options are fabulous, I do have to say as a plus size woman (sz 14) i can squeeze into some 10′s and 12′s but wouldn’t do that to myself lol. Anywho I wouldn’t be caught dead in a pair of liquid leggings as the first option suggest eventhough I love to push the envelope I just couldn’t. The second option is so me tho, I love it. The third look is a tad bit formal but I love the jumpsuit. I love the gladiator sandals in the last look but they are definitely not concert appropriate especially not stadium concert appropriate. All in all good job!

5. Honeybrown says:

My comments are not posting. Is there a reason why?

6. T says:

I’m not trying to hate and I know its an inspriration post but as a plus size woman myself and a question coming from someone who said they were plus size specifically, none of these outfits are plus sized lol

That’s like me asking for cute shoe options, I say I wear a size 12 shoes and you show me cute shoes that go up to a size 11. Im inspired BUT where can I get them in my size???

7. southern says:

@T,
    Some of the options were Asos curve which goes up a size 24 or so. The regular asos items go up to a 14 (plus size). River island goes up to a size 14 (plus size). There are definitely more stylish plus size stores like Eloquii and City Chic but this site never caters to plus size so they probably aren’t too familiar with them.

8. Claire says:

@Honeybrown My Spam detector is on one. I have about 10,000 comments in pending or spam…most is spam, though I’ll fish yours out. Not sure why that’s happening.
    @T I’ve asked Danielle Nicole who comes up with these to be more mindful of plus sizes and to include one specific plus sized look per post in the future, though I believe she did include plus sized options in the widget under looks 1 and 2 (you have to view it on your desktop or tablet).
    Thanks!

9. Honeybrown says:

Thank you Claire! I was confused like what did I do lol.

10. T says:

@Claire & Southern I would never of known! Apparently cant see any of that on mobile. I surf the internet on my phone. Thanks!

11. @Alexislovesme says:

The third outfit is ALL me! LOVE IT!

12. binks says:

I love the partition one.

13. Taryn Nicole says:

I’m a Houstonian and while these looks are cute, I’ll he honest, none of them.will work. Two main reasons: 1. The concert is at Minute Maid Park, an outside arena and a baseball park! And walking in stilettos there is asking for disaster. 2. I’m not sure if you have experienced Houston heat (trust me.nothing compares), but any woman, plus-sized or not will wear these beautiful outfits and leave with them.melted on their bodies. The best bet would be either shorts or some sort of dress. Our nights are 80-90 degrees so wearing a blazer is not encouraged. These outfits may work in other citire, but in the absolutely ridiculously humid city of Houston, may need lighter options.

14. Nicole says:

Claire I am a plus sized woman and I absolutely love these looks and would wear them!!! Thank you!

15. akm says:

I totally agree with @tarynnicole all of the venues for the On the Run tour are outside and in the summertime. Its going to be HOT. Esp in Houston. Houston in the summer is no joke. Faux leather leggings will not be fun…at all. Im going to the concert in Baltimore and Im going to stick with something a little boho like a maxi skirt, maxi dress or jean shorts sans heels. I like the last look but I couldn’t do the gladiator sandals.

16. Maya D says:

Yay!!! @Akm, I’ll be at the Baltimore Concert as well (I was able to score field seats). I was contemplating wearing a summer blazer, to create somewhat of a polished look. I’m glad I read these comments, I wasn’t aware of how hot it will be in Baltimore… I was hoping for a nice breeze. Oh well, I’ll just have to figure something out. However, this is a great post.

Thanks guys!

17. jazzy krapp says:

I love the last look, specially the sandals.