May 20th, 2014
Beauty, Celebrity Style, Fashion, Hair
Hot! or Hmm…: Monica Brown’s New Asymmetrical Haircut
By Giselle Williams-Thomas

Over the weekend, Monica Brown took to Instagram (where else?) to debut her new asymmetrical haircut. Let’s get into how she rocked it.

monica-brown-new-hair-style

From the front, longer layers are swept sideways framing the singer’s flawless face.

monica-brown-new-hairstyle-front-view

The hair on one side of her head is ultra short and super sleek.monica-brown-new-hair-style-side-1While the other side boasts longer lengths cut with fine precision.

monica-brown-new-hair-style-side-2

It’s young and fresh with a touch of edge. Love it! What do you think?

23 Responses to “Hot! or Hmm…: Monica Brown’s New Asymmetrical Haircut”

1. Elle says:

Hair, that lipstick and jacket are all horrible.

Monica just can’t seem to find her look

3. Dom Dom says:

This looks awful. Jamaican yardie realness tbh, hot mess.

4. Noirre says:

I don’t like that longer side.

I’ll say this… that’s a hard haircut to pull off. I think she is one of the few who can and does. Not really a fan of the cut, but hey, it’s just hair. #itllgrowback

6. c says:

No me gusta…And is the hair and the jacket giving off a lil/tad/slightly dike-ish vibe???

7. Drea says:

Overall, I like it. I especially love the front — HOT!

8. Maya says:

So…because she has a short haircut with a leather jacket she’s dyke-ish? It’s bad enough that you’re being homophobic, don’t be homophobic based on tasteless and outdated stereotypes. Sheesh. To the point of the post – I like her haircut, it’s an interesting take on the asymmetrical cut.

Bit dated now init? The style was hot in the 80′s and had a re-emergence in late 00′s and is now stale again. This will be hot again in several years, but right now it’s tired.

may be im tackier than i’d like to think, but i love the cut AND the jacket. F*ck it.

11. Mimi says:

Monica is beautiful but she can’t dress for nothin in the world

12. k says:

lol @ Mimi. I completely agree but I actually like this jacket.

13. sergie says:

I’m so over this half shaved hairstyle!!! omg can it go away!!!

14. HHHuuuHHH says:

Hello,

Am I looking at the same post? Because Monica hair is laid and for real it’s always laid! Please explain to me how she looks dated? True, Monica can not dress but that hair is always laid. It’s funny Rihanna can wear sh**t on her head and ya’ll would sing her praises. Females are funny, I swear!

Lmao these comments are not valid if the came from ppl that actually look worth sh*t. I would consider them but lol these ppl naw. Monica is one of the most naturally beautiful singers out. Broke ppl need not comment. Can’t even afford that outfit.

She looks good, I like people who dress and express their style with no apologies.

17. justme says:

As usual Monica’s hair is HOT! Her hair rarely looks like that of others in the industry. Even with the shorter side like a lot of women have she managed to make it more unique by doing something different with the longer side.

its called mid life crisis

19. LawyerLady says:

The cut isn’t for me but I love it on Ms. Monica. I love that her look always has a street/real world appeal. She looks great. Gorgeous face.

@Anonymous 7:05 how old are you!?! how do u know what ppl have in their pockets only a kid would make such a comment.

21. BK DIVA says:

She looks CHEAP..Giving off that “Dancehall Queen/Flatbush Ave. Vibe”…Monica never seems to wear anything but labels on top of labels..which is giving off that..”I’m not use to this Having Ish Vibe”. Although she does have it.. I would like to see her in Topshop outfit once in a while. ..Hated it!

22. Honeybrown says:

Its okay. It’s not as bad as some if you are making it out to be lol, you all act like its horrible….. I really hope that those of you who HATE this hairstyle do not praise some of these other stars who run around with ratty weaves and colored 27 pieces. Monica will and has always been one of thee most naturally beautiful women in the game.

23. Anonymous says says:

Too all U hater Monica look good like always. (HATER)