May 18th, 2014
Jennifer Lopez, Kelly Rowland, Nicki Minaj, On the Scene
On the Scene: The 2014 Billboard Music Awards
By Faith

The 2014 Billboard Music Awards went down tonight in Las Vegas! Sin City calls for sultry silhouettes and that is what was served with embellishment, sexy peeks of skin, metallics, and so much more.

Check out who was in attendance…

chrissy-teigen-2014-billboard-music-awards-giuseppe-zanotti-snake-sandals

Chrissy Teigen showed off her new bangs in an out-of-this-world embellished Fyodor Golan number and a pair of must-splurge $1,885 Giuseppe Zanotti Ankle Strap Snake Sandals. Hot!

jennifer-lopez-2014-billboard-music-awards

Jennifer Lopez always works it out for awards shows, and she did not disappoint in a red, sheer billowing Donna Karan Fall 2014 number and $995 Jimmy Choo Maurice Sandals. Does anyone do it better?

kelly-rowland-2014-billboard-music-awards

Kelly Rowland is back to short hair! She showed off her enviable physique in a Cushnie et Ochs bustier crop top and high-waist Fausto Puglisi skirt. This was fantastic.

nicki-minaj-2014-billboard-music-awards

It was all about cutouts for Nicki Minaj in an Alexander McQueen gown boasting the sultry detail. She looked fabulous, but haven’t we seen a look just like this before? I guess if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it!

shakira-2014-billboard-music-awards

Yet again, I had wished that Shakira put her hair up, but I lived for her sheer blue dress that hugged her curves like a glove.

rocsi-diaz-2014-billboard-music-awards-cushnie-et-ochs-power-viscose-blend-cutout-dress

Cushnie et Ochs does a body good, and Rocsi Diaz demonstrated that in the brand’s $1,550 Power Viscose Blend Cutout Halter Dress. This was simple, yet chic.

john-legend-2014-billboard-music-awards

I liked the splash of print John Legend gave with a Gucci polka dot blazer and shirt.

jordin-sparks-2014-billboard-music-awards-michael-costello-dress-beirn-clutch-stuart-weitzman-nudist-sandals

LBDs were a trend for the night and Jordin Sparks slipped on a sequin Michael Costello LBD and those coveted $385 Stuart Weitzman Nudist Sandals. Her look was given a pop of color with a Beirn orange lucite box clutch.

ludacris-2014-billboard-music-awards

The night’s host, Ludacris, mixed prints with a colorful gingham shirt and pink striped tie, set against a navy suit.

ricky-martin-2014-billboard-music-awards

Ricky Martin used the red carpet to make a poignant statement with his #bringbackourgirls sign.

kendall-jenner-2014-billboard-music-awards-olcay-gulsen-jumpsuit

I instantly fell in love with Kendall Jenner’s Olcay Gulsen two-tone cutout jumpsuit. I need this for my wardrobe STAT.

kylie-jenner-2014-billboard-music-awards

Kylie Jenner donned white from head-to-toe in a form-fitting frock and Christian Louboutin Impera Pumps — well except for turquoise ombré hair.

2chainz-2014-billboard-music-awards-giuseppe-zanotti-sneakers

I liked 2 Chainz’s all-white ensemble…until I got to the shoes. His Giuseppe Zanotti animal print sneakers with oversized chain links took his look over the edge.

wiz-khalifa-amber-rose-2014-billboard-music-awards

Amber Rose’s futuristic look was unexpected, but I didn’t mind it as she usually pushes the envelope on the red carpet. I have absolutely no idea what her husband Wiz Khalifa was going for on the other hand…I’m just going to leave it at that.

shania-twain-2014-billboard-music-awards

I’ve been a fan of Shania Twain from the beginning–she hasn’t aged one bit! The country songstress opted for a long-sleeve illusion gown. Isn’t she gorgeous?

sarah-hyland-2014-billboard-music-awards-emilio-pucci-suit-oscar-tiye-shoes-tyler-alexandra-clutch

Sarah Hyland was suited up in embellished separates from Emilio Pucci, Oscar Tiye sandals, and a $1,500 Tyler Alexandra Jamie Clutch. Cute!

carrie-underwood-2014-billboard-music-awards

We all know Carrie Underwood loves drama, thus her yellow beaded Oriett Domenech gown was the perfect choice for the occasion.

kesha-2014-billboard-music-awards

Ke$ha cleaned up quite nicely, opting for a strapless embroidered mermaid gown by Ines Di Santo and blush pink hair.

Who had your favorite look at the awards show?

Images: Getty

31 Responses to “On the Scene: The 2014 Billboard Music Awards”

1. titi says:

KYLIE JENNER!!! that child is 16! slaying everyone! omg. she looks beautiful. from head to toe. i want her entire look please

Nicki never change this look. never. less is more and I’m loving it

Kelly looked better on tv… idk wats happening in that pic thats throwing me off, the hair??

Jordin Sparks, looking great lately no? toss the earrings and clutch and she’s a winner

2. yonaton says:

tbh. everyone looks pretty damn good! literally! no complaints at all.

3. Shayla says:

Those Jenner girls are beautiful. Kelly’s body & ensemble are fierce. But, I’m all the way here for the classy simplicity that is Miss Shania Twain!

4. Dom Dom says:

Everyone looks good, apart from Carrie. Queen of everything tacky and gaudy.

Kris Jenner has some fantastic genes, my god!!! Kylie and Kendall are gorgeous! I’m loving both their looks.

5. AnonyFash says:

Shania Twain and Kendall Jenners outfit remind me of the last time the Bilboard Awards was actually GOOD and showcased REAL talent……2004 and before!!! Almost everyone looks nice. Kendall always looks like she has a wind machine with that hair…she is a beautiful girl! Kylie looks great from the neck down, she seems to always feel th eneed to “keep up” with Kendall. Be YOU, you are beautiful too. Something about 2 Chains I love but Tauheed, just bcus they put a GZ store in Lennox it does NAT mean you, Tiny, Toya, Rocko and everybody else in the A needs to wear it all! Shania, Rocsi and Kelly..WERK! Ricky whyy??? You are too fine and I loved you boo!! lol

6. AnonyFash says:

@Titi

Kylie just turned 18 but I agree with you. She is the only person in her family that deserves her accolades. I don’t watch their show and haven’t in years but what I do remember is that girl BREATHED fashion and she is now living that dream. I can appreciate her, opposed to her older sisters and their thirst.

7. serena says:

Kendall & Kylie Jenner better WERK! Chrissy looks the best I’ve seen her.

Amber Rose looks a matrix fool.

8. Frost says:

Kylie is 16. Still too young to be showing cleavage in public.

Everyone looked great for the most part, nothing too exciting. I missed Rihanna.

9. Elle says:

I’m sorry but front on those Stuart Weizman Nudist heels make everyone’s toes look awful! Apart from that everyone looks great only a few hair fails.

10. titi says:

@AnonyFash
    Wiki informs me that…
    Kendall is 18, Kylie is 16. When u saw her breathing fashion she must have been like 10 or something lol.

11. Kim D. says:

Can we talk about that dress on Chrissy. I’m here checking on that. I love it I thought she slayed. Everyone else looks great as well.

12. Panty Buns says:

Jennifer Lopez looked fabulous in that Donna Karan gown. In my opinion it was the sheer fabric, the colour, JLo’s figure and her poise that made the look so striking. I was a bit surprised that Nicki Minaj’s famous figure wasn’t more noticeable in that Alexander McQueen creation, but it must have been the angle from which the photograph was taken. I’m sure her figure made the gown look sexier in photos taken from other angles. Shakira looked beautiful. I loved her hair and the detail of the dress – it must be a very expensive creation. I wouldn’t have realised that was Ke$ha in that last photo if I’d casually scrolled by without reading the caption. The mermaid dress is pretty, but I would have really loved seeing her in a lingerie outfit again regardless of the occasion.

13. thephillydiva says:

KESHA!!!!!!!! Yes honey!!! She looks great

Everyone looks nice, even Wiz. I expect him to be rockerish, so to put on a blazer was good for him

14. S says:

Kendall Jenner looks like a young Ali McGraw. You “younguns” will have to look Ali up. I like Kendall’s outfit.

Love Jennifer Lopez’s red sheer gown. Very nice!

There wasnt many to brag about to me. I like Amber Rose, Shania Twain, 2 Chains and maybe a few others but people either looked basic or just not put together. I love Nicki just because

EVERYONE LOOKS GREAT WOW AMAZING

17. CaliTeeTee says:

Are we going to ignore Jordin Sparks toes? A nice pedicure would have fixed those bad boys right on up.

Although I like Nicki’s look, I wish her make-up was better.

It’s all abou the K’s! Kelly Rowland looked HOT! #Lovedherlook #betterWERQ! and also LOVED Kendall and Kylie Jenner’s looks. #beautifulgirls

19. Mimi says:

Lmao too young to show cleavage in public. That’s hilarious! They killed it and put kelly, rocsi, jordan and Amber rose to shame. Wiz my goodness wth

20. LuLu says:

Behind Her Shades had the best look imo

Kelendria always slays

JLO is a FASHION icon, music, not so much. But no doubt legendary. They gave that award to Rih last year, so it doesn’t say much, except that TPTB at the Billboard awards keep bumping their heads

I feel bad for that Turquoise ombre girl….she’s already starting to look like Khloe aka the ugly Kardashian

21. Titi says:

@Lulu

Nooooo u didn’t say ugly kardashian! Lmao.
    She’s come a long way!
    And she’s just a child at 16. Lots of time for her to grow. But yea she got daddy Jenners genes.

22. SLIMB says:

Kendall & Kylie look great & I thought Kelly Rowland looked freaking amazing last night.

23. DannielleS says:

Everyone looks good. I’m not a fan of Nicki’s look (the bottom of her boobs are showing). Kylie looks great, but a tad too old.

I will say though, no one looked bad at all

24. Frost says:

@Mimi – Yes, too young to show cleavage in public. What makes that comment funny?

And oh goodness, I had to scroll back up and look at Jordin’s feet. Maybe it’s just because she’s so tall? :\

25. WWWWTTTT&&&&& says:

WTH is going on with Jordan Sparks feet? I repeat what the WTH is going on with Jordan Sparks feet? Baby girl don’t do it, reconsider, read some litter. That is all I can focus on girl you wrong for that!

Nicki Minaj looks great! Sure the look is similar to a previous one of hers, but it’s better then her wearing wacky wigs and costumes. Kelly Rowland also looks amazing! As for the Jenner sisters’… next. Kylie wants to be treated as a “16 year old,” (aka “doesn’t” want the attention/paparazzi/media), yet dresses like a 21+ year old? Same goes for Kendall. Also, interesting how Kendall did a few high-end designer shows, mainly for friends of Kim/Ye, now she’s at the Billboard Music Awards (and not counting the modelling)? While all high-end models continue to work as models within the industry. Alright then!

continuing*

28. Minnesota says:

Everyone looks good.
    What is wrong with Chrissy Teigen’s face? She looks swollen.

29. Lo says:

Kelly was very close to getting Best Dressed but the skirt threw it off for me. Her top was so beautiful and sculpted her shoulders, chest, and clavicle so well that I felt the bottom should have done the same: giving her a superwoman shape. A nice (slightly boxy) tuxedo pant of the same (or similar) fabric with a skinny leg would have looked amazing.

Side Note: The Jenner sister look good. Kendal looks amazing (thats the the kind of tuxedo pant I’m talking about). She wins best dressed for me. Kendall comes in a close second. However, her face is looking off to me these days.

30. FLEE says:

Kelly’s shoes just killed her look.

Nicki looks nice, I just wish she her tits weren’t falling out the bottom (but I’m sure that was her intention) and her makeup could’ve been better.

The Jenner girls look amazing. Kendall is serving her momma all her face. Kylie is growing into a beautiful woman.

Rocsi looks cute.

Amber looks a damn fool with that on her face. However I like the all black outfit.

31. FLEE says:

sidenote.. Kylie (in the white) looks grown as hell. I forgot she was 16. She still looks great.