May 14th, 2014
Fashion, Fashion News
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

john-galliano

• Does John Galliano have a new job? Russian perfumery L’Etoile announced today via their website that “John is back!” According to WWD the former Christian Dior creative director has been tapped to serve as the brand’s creative director, to specifically work on their private label cosmetics range. (WWD)

Tyra Banks' Flawsome Ball 2014

• Tyra Banks is producing a new series with VH1, TransAmerica, which will follow the lives of a group of transgendered millennial women in an eight-episode docu-series. Trans model Carmen Carrera will also be part of the cast, which includes a Christian Dior cosmetics beauty consultant, a recent college grad, an aspiring doctor and your obligatory party girl foil. The series will debut in late 2014 or early 2015. (THR)

jill-abramson

• Jill Abramson suddenly left her position as executive editor of the New York Times today. Abramson was the first female to fill this position, and her replacement, Dean Baquet, is also making history, as the first black man in the role. “I’ve loved my run at The Times,” Abramson in a statement. “I got to work with the best journalists in the world doing so much stand-up journalism.” The change was made, according to Times publisher Arthur Sulzberger Jr., due to “an issue with management in the newsroom.” (NYT)

julie de libran

• Former Louis Vuitton designer Julie de Libran has been tapped as artistic director for Sonia Rykiel, WWD revealed today. She will oversee all product categories in the brand’s main line, and also for Sonia by Sonia Rykiel, as well as their children’s and home offerings. You’ll get to see Libran’s first collection for the label during Paris Fashion Week this September. (WWD)

anya-hindmarch-crisp-packet-clutch-fighting-for

Anya Hindmarch is taking the Jay Z/Solange Knowles elevator debacle and turning it into advertising gold. The brand tweeted a clever ad earlier today, featuring an image of their Crisp Packet clutch, the style Solange was carrying the night of the Met Gala, with the caption, “The Crisp Packet clutch worth fighting for.” Too hilarious. (@anyahindmarch)

~Jihan

11 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: John Galliano to Work At Russian Perfumery?, Julie de Libran Tapped as Sonia Rykiel Creative Director, and Anya Hindmarch’s Genius Solange Knowles Ad”

1. Marthe says:

Making money of family problems isn’t cool at all (even though i really like the aesthetics, just really not the message). And I hope the new show of Tyra will be NOTHING like ANTM please. Make it real and believable and less centered around Tyra :) I would love to see it!

2. Honeybrown says:

Lawd Galliano is killing me with that fish tail braid lol. Werque! I guess.

3. KayGee Rox says:

Hehe clever ad. @Marthe, they’re not “making money off family problems”, they’re simply making reference to it to sell a product.

4. S says:

Umm……@KayGee Rox

(They’re not “making money off family problems”)

(Simply making reference to it to sell a product)

Selling a product equals making money, referencing a family’s problem to sell a product IS making money off the problem at hand.

Anyway, the purse is cute.

5. Ms M says:

“Genius” is not the word I’d use – more like “Tacky”.

6. Enigma says:

I like the ad it’s a bit cheeky but I guess I’m not bother by the “family problems” because the Jay Z/Knowles clan is putting out to the world there is no family problems i.e shopping with the person who physically attack you 1 week later…

7. Elle says:

I agree with S and Ms M. Nothing wrong with having a sense of humor but it’s not genius. I would hope Solange doesn’t carry the brand again. I wouldn’t if I was her. Definitely tacky.

I”m so tired of seeing all this GAY stuff on tv. my God.

9. Georgia says:

@Anonymous 1:42PM – I know exactly how you feel–I’m so tired or reading anonymous homophobia on the Internet!

10. Maryse says:

@georgia I don’t think you understand the meaning of homophobia which is; an extreme and irrational aversion to homosexuality and homosexual people.

There is nothing extreme nor irrational about anything she said. If that’s what she wants then that’s what she wants. Don’t have to be so sensitive about one persons opinion. I personally understand what she means. So many things are geared towards gay men/women. And here I am still waiting for the first natural show on national television. Or heck even maybe no posts of black men killed. I wonder when that will happen…

Anya Hindmarch won’t be getting my pennies ever, tacky? Beyond vile is a better word. And who said the carters put the video ‘out there’? It was security footage someone leaked it (and should be fired).

11. Buy wholesale cheap Chiefs jerseys Paypal