May 13th, 2014
Shopping, Style Inspiration, What to Wear
Summer 2014 Style Inspiration: What To Wear To A Company Picnic
By Danielle Nicole

Summer is definitely around the corner, as I sit here melting away in today’s scorching heat. So I’m kicking off this week’s Style Inspiration with a summertime favorite.

Jessy writes, “Hi Danielle Nicole! My company’s annual picnic is coming up in a few weeks, and I need options that are comfortable, stylish, and appropriate. Any ideas?”

While an outdoor event definitely calls for a more relaxed and comfortable sartorial pairing, you must keep in mind that you’re attending a work event–so your outfit should be a mix of professional and stylish. Keep things casual yet polished with punchy prints and conservative hemlines and silhouettes.

For look #1, pair floral cropped trousers with a simple sleeveless button down for a classy and cool ensemble.

What to Wear to a Company Picnic Tres Chic S.A.T.O.R.I.A.L. Floral Cropped Trousers Equipment Sleeveless Slim Signature Silk Blouse Aldo Tober FlatsAdd a bit more style with a straw fedora, a striped tote, a metallic flat sandal or an espadrille wedge, and gold bangles.

Perk up a chambray tie-front shirt with a printed yellow maxi skirt and a colorful handbag. Add in a few stylish accessories including a metallic band fedora, a beaded necklace, and a soft gold flat.

What to Wear to a Company Picnic Giambattista Valli Printed Silk-Chiffon Maxi Skirt Proenza Schouler Small Lunch Leather Shoulder Bag Celine Thin Mary SunglassesA pastel hued nail lacquer, stylish sunglasses, and small gold hoop earrings complete the look.

And for your final wardrobe option, slip into a floral print shirt dress and two-tone ankle cuff sandals for an effortless summer inspired look.

What to Wear to a Company Picnic Merona Women's Drawstring Shirt Dress Kate Spade New York Cedar Street Small Harmony Tote Yosi Samra Cambelle Flat SandalsKeep things flirty with gold and pink accents, a neutral-tone tote, and a pair of fashionable shades.

And that’s it! Now I’m off to cool down a bit. Wishing everyone a fabulous day!

13 Responses to “Summer 2014 Style Inspiration: What To Wear To A Company Picnic”

1. Honeybrown says:

Cute looks Danielle Nicole!

2. Jessy says:

Yay just in time (going shopping today) for Friday…excellent picks, thanks Danielle Nicole!!

3. K says:

Hey, Danielle Nicole, Claire, or whom it may concern. I was wondering do you know why there are loading circles on the clothing selections (it does not show up it just look like it is loading), not the pictures. It could just be my computer, but I has never done that before until recently. It has been like this for the past 2 weeks, when y’all post the style inspirations. Thanks!

4. Claire says:

@K does it happen all our your browsers? In Safari and in Chrome?
    thanks!

5. Deb says:

Hands down #2..takes the prize
    If only I could win the Lotto to buy that yellow printed maxi shirt…lol

6. love says:

the loading circle doesn’t happen on my browser (safari) but it does happen on my iPhone as of late

7. binks says:

the last look is right up my alley!

8. EJ says:

I love look number 1 for my vacation and look number 3 is so cute.

9. smily says:

Its a nice thought you are having with you katty ,floral cap is really a good thing to have.

@Claire I get the circle also using chrome

11. K says:

@Claire I only use Internet Explorer (I guess I might be the only person still that lol), but it also happen on my phone and I have a iPhone 5s.

12. Claire says:

@Everybody First off, sorry for the EGREGIOUS spelling errors in my first comment. LOL.
    At any rate, I’m able to see the widgets in Safari and Chrome. I don’t think the widgets are compatible with mobile as yet, though you should be able to see the items on your tablet.

13. K says: