May 12th, 2014
Anna Wintour, Fashion News
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

tim-gunn

• If you’ve ever wondered why you’ve never seen Tim Gunn and Anna Wintour palling around, it’s because the two apparently hate each other’s guts, as Gunn revealed to Page Six. The Under The Gunn star says the two have been fighting ever since he wrote about that time he saw Wintour being carried down the stairs by bodyguards at the Metropolitan Pavillion after a fashion show in his 2010 tome Gunn’s Golden Rules. Apparently, after the story was published, Anna and her people were livid. “All hell broke loose,” he says. “Her office was insisting I print a retraction.” There is still bad blood between Gunn and Wintour, which Gunn confirmed to Hollywood Life when they asked him why he wasn’t at the Met Gala, “I’m not a fan of the hostess,” he quipped. “We’re arch enemies. We’re sparring partners. We’re constantly spitting venom at each other. I am a truth-teller and some other people don’t like to accept responsibly for their actions.” Ouch! It’s always surprising to hear fashion people speak against Wintour, but clearly, Gunn is not afraid to keep it 100. Just another reason to love him, I guess. (Page Six, Hollywood Life, h/t Fashionista)

mary kate ashley olsen Ashley+Olsen+Red+Carpet+Arrivals+Met+Gala+ydycvLn-aU4x

Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen are opening their first flagship store for The Row out in L.A. tomorrow.  The new digs are located at 8440 Melrose Place, and will carry all 170 pieces from their collection. The shop, which the twins set up to look like a living space within a store, has an east gallery, which carries tees and sweaters, while you’ll find evening bags, gowns, and Manolo Blahnik pumps in the west. But the best part about the space? It comes complete with its own pool–and towels, for anyone looking to take a dip. Though this is a big stride for the Olsens and their brand, Ashley says the flagship will open with little fanfare: “It was important to us to open up our doors quietly. We’re not going to have a party or anything; we want to make sure it’s set up properly, merchandised properly, that things are working. Maybe in a month or so we’ll do a dinner. For now, we just want to be open and get feedback from people close to us.” (WWD)

kendall-jenner-met-ball-2014-05-topshop

• On the heels of Kim Kardashian‘s controversial Vogue cover, come reports that another member of the famed reality TV clan is due to soon make her debut in the Fashion Bible. E! News is reporting that Kendall Jenner was just shot by Patrick Demarchelier for one of the magazine’s upcoming editorials. (E! News)

FNO

• Londoners looking to indulge in free champagne and celebrity sightings will be happy to hear that Fashion’s Night Out is returning to London, set to go down on September 23rd. (Vogue UK)

~Jihan

15 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Tim Gunn is Not Here For Anna Wintour, The Row to Open LA Flagship, and Did Kendall Jenner Just Shoot for Vogue?”

1. Sandra says:

Good for Tim. At least, he is not kissing her butt like many in the industry do. I don’t understand why so many people worship this woman when they deep down hate her gut. I admire Mr. Gunn for speaking his mind and telling it like it is.

2. Honeybrown says:

I agree! @Sandra I love me some Tim Gunn.

3. Hmmm says:

Miss Tina Gun??? Let’s not go overboard with the homophobic undertones,k?

4. Hmmm says:

Miss Tina Gunn??? Let’s not get carried away with the hom0phobic undertones….

5. Freedom Lee says:

Agree 1000% with Hmmm..keep it classy FBD writers

6. Sarah says:

He is a very feminine man, who made a catty comment what’s so bad about calling him Miss?

7. Jihan says:

@Hmm and @FreedomLee

He made a catty comment (which I kind of love him for), so I called him Miss. All there is to it.

Would be silly for me to be a homophobe working in the fashion industry…………….

8. JOHNNY says:

IT WOULD ALSO BE “SILLY” FOR DONALD STERLING TO BE A RACIST AND OWN A BASKETBALL TEAM BUT… YEAH.

HE’S A MAN, YOU SHOULD USE THE RIGHT PRONOUNS.

9. Rygie says:

@Jihan Almost as silly as it would be for Donald Sterling to be a racist in an industry with predominated by blacks, huh?

Your comment, whether intentional or not, was offensive and was noted as such; own it.

10. Posh Nosh says:

So only women can be catty? Obviously not since Tim Gunn is a man. Not sure why you think you’re not being homophobic.

I agree I clinched when I read it.

12. Bliss says:

I agree with all the above comments. I love Tim Gunn. I think the “Miss” thing was a bit “off”. It disrupted my reading flow as well @Anonymous.

13. Leelee says:

Not sure why my original comment never posted…Bottom line, you have clearly offended the majority of those who read your post. The fact that u couldn’t even be professional enough to address it w/o a passive aggressive undertone is pathetic.Makes your off putting comment even worse. Own it! That is all.

14. Jihan says:

OK

Obviously, I’ve offended a lot of people, for which I am sorry and of course, was not my intent. Love and blessings and respect to everyone.

15. Susan says:

A career in fashion industry is attractive because of the high-pay
    and glamour it brings. So it is important that
    the consumers are targeted using well-planned promotions in this stage of the decision making
    process, as this is when the actual purchase decision takes place.
    ‘ According to a listing update from the organization on Nov.