May 9th, 2014
Fashion Bomb TV, Featured
Fashion Bomb TV: Cocktails with Claire Closet Confessions with Draya Michele

Happy Friday!
I know you’ve been waiting patiently for my Cocktails with Claire video with Draya Michele of Basketball Wives LA! I’m happy to announce that it’s finally ready for your viewing pleasure:
Talking Style with Draya Cocktails with Claire Closet Confessions
She was gracious enough to invite us into her beautiful home, sip some Ciroc, and let us look at her shoe selection.

A few things that ended up on the cutting room floor:
What advice do you have for designers who want to develop a start up?
Don’t only speak it into existence, but actually do it. Make a plan to make your dreams come into reality. If a lightbulb goes off in your head, then by all means execute your plan and do it immediately. And then don’t tell anybody about it until it’s really ready and really nice and you’re really proud of it.”
Draya Nylon Party
Are you happy with Basketball Wives and with the legacy you’ve established and your representation on the show?

“I was given a fair chance to show people who I really am. And that is exactly what I did. I’ve been nothing but real on the show and I think that’s why I’m a fan favorite… I’m not evil, I’m just not like that. All this negative stuff comes my way, and I think it makes people happy to see this regular girl. And there are people that are rooting for me and that’s a great feeling. It’s a great feeling to wake up and read Instagram and Twitter and to real have people talking to me and telling me that they love me and keep going and they’re proud of me and they’re happy for me. It gives people hope like ‘If she can do it I can do it.” I didn’t want to be a victim, I didn’t want to be looked at as this troubled girl. I wanted to be looked at as a survivor. I came from the bottom. I came from a place that a lot of people wouldn’t really know. And I’m still trying to get out of that. Everyday I wake up and I just take another step and it’s just a growing process.”

Draya Michele Photo Shoot
Well alright!
What do you think of Draya’s responses? And thoughts on this latest episode of Fashion Bomb TV?
Video by Emiliano Styles, Pancho Moore, and Lovest Watson

33 Responses to “Fashion Bomb TV: Cocktails with Claire Closet Confessions with Draya Michele”

1. Sahar says:

Karrueche and others you interviewed seemed more personable but I do like how she addressed the imitation in her swim line. The clothes she wears are not what I’d wear but they look good on her regardless.

2. Martina says:

I love everything about Draya Michele. I love her fashion sense, She is BEAUTIFUL, I love her personality. I feel like she is so real and she does not care what other people think of her. The way she responded to the fact that people were saying she imitated a piece on her swim line was so real. She could have easily said she has never seen that piece before. I just love everything she stands for, past and all!! <3

3. Tabatha says:

I really appreciate her honesty about just not knowing how to dress appropriately. Some of us have mothers and/or other positive role models that taught us at an early age what not to wear and the negative attention showing too much can bring about. She just didn’t know any better. I see a lot of girls walking around thinking that showing as much skin that’s legally possible is the way to go. That’s why it’s so cruel and unfair to judge others because they may be doing the best they know how. I applaud her personal growth and wish her the best.

4. Nora Gouma says:

Well, in my opinion she is just honest….xoxoxo….:)

5. Jen says:

“I’m the reincarnation of Lisa Rae.” Tickled me!

I liked this edition. She’s so down-to-earth, and refreshingly honest.

6. Briana says:

This allowed me to see another side of Draya! and I love it! we could totally kick it!

7. Jenny Smith says:

no offense to interviewer but she seems uninterested.. why is she looking at draya funny when she answers questions

8. southern says:

first time i’ve heard her speak, and i liked it. but i’ve seen it said before and feel the same here, the energy from Claire is sooo low

9. Kitty B. says:

Were we all watching the same video?
    I got nothing that any of you above got.
    On her copying someone else’s design, to me she went the Beyoncé route and called it “inspiration” when she just plan ole copied that girls design and made one tweak to it.
    I got a cocky, arrogant vibe from her…
    Poor Orlando she’s is going to bagger that poor boy until his gives up that ring lol
    There was nothing in her closet I found interesting, maybe it’s just Draya, I’ve never found her interesting
    I do agree the interview with Koochie Koo was more personable…

10. DannielleS says:

Claire, your voice is not what I expected lol! You looked great in the video!

11. Kalimah says:

I don’t see the video Claire.

12. Tami says:

She definitely has that Los Angeles style, very plain and simple. Lots of white in her wardrobe which I can’t stand. Never make me a custom dress and its a solid color, no mam lol. She is a very cute girl and she wears fashion well and glad to see that she is learning that you do not have to show everything to be sexy and to keep it classy. xoxo

13. titi says:

I have to say Draya grew on me a lot. Partially due to her evolving style. I appreciate that you addressed the issue with the bathing suit line. But in reality, all swimsuit designers “draw inspiration”/ copy each other.
    Ive seen imitation victoria secret bathing suits all over instagram. The interview overall was cute, but short. I felt like Claire did not ask her enough questions perhaps? And i expected a bigger closet! But she’s a cute girl, and i expect to see more from her as time goes on.

14. rebgam says:

These videos don’t play on a Mac? I can’t view it on my iPad or my MacBook.

15. KS says:

I wish these interviews were longer

16. Feyisayo says:

Yearly, haven’t been able to watch any cocktail interviews, they don’t show on the ipad, pls fix this xx

17. Feyisayo says:

Sadly*

18. andrea says:

Draya’s style is so cute to me. he body is amazing… did a great job explaining her copying the swimwear line.

Claire you’re a lil’ stiff, but i think it’s cause you’re new to this and such. In time I think you’ll be amazing.

19. Lola Reggy says:

Wow, such great comments here. I think I will be the partypooper here. I did not like the interview. I thought for some reason it was a bit shallow, didn’t think she was bright. Yeah you copied that bathingsuit duhhh, What the married woman taught her is like the oldest fashionrule there is, did not like her closet at all, boring to me. Gorgeous girl though. After a few comments I thought she was 20 or so, also because her belly was showing. But I did a quick googleresearch came out at basketballwives and that she’s 25.

20. Brianna says:

Amazing! I love Draya :)

21. Ana says:

@ Lola, in who’s website did u c dat drama 25?

22. Ana says:

@ Lola, in who’s website did u c dat draya 25?

23. I was pleasantly surprised by this one! Nice interview, Claire!

__

24. Kitty B. says:

@Lala Draya is 29, she admitted this herself and said this basketball wives. She’s 3 yrs older than Orlando who is 26…which is why they vonstantly bump heads regading marriage

25. toots says:

Love me some draya her bod is crazy n her style is chic philly gurls rep ya hood

26. Tammy m. says:

The vid was cute. Claire is a fine host, I just think she is not all that impressed by Draya’s style.

Draya was not that exciting of an interview and her style is super basic. Claire’s interviews with Ciara and DJ Kiss had more energy.

I think this interview was more for some fans of this blog, than a personal choice for her. I also agree Karrechue was personable.

Can’t wait for more interviews, would love to see some stylist in the mix. Diandre Tristan and Rosie Phildor are both fab.

27. cha cha says:

I love FBD so much but I just don’t like the irrelevant people that Claire chooses to interview. Draya and Karruche are both so insignificant especially in the fashion world (“black” or otherwise) so its just like who cares? Anyway Claire was great- for the two minutes I watched. I was just no longer interested after that. I just wish that FBD was interview more important and relevant people to black fashion.

28. Claire says:

Thanks for the feedback!
    @Cha Cha Though I’d love to shoot to the moon immediately and dive into Rihanna, Solange, or Hannah Bronfman’s closet, I first need to practice…and once I have some great interviews under my belt, then I can use that as leverage to get more ‘relevant’ people. Though I think a lot of readers are interested in Karrueche and Draya.
    I have all the names you’d think of off the top of your head on my wish list of subjects. But with time and patience, all will come.
    Thanks for watching!

29. Indigo says:

I’ve love Dira since day one… I only like 2 reality stars, Rasheeda, and Dira. Dira has always been down to earth, that is so rare for a beautiful female like herself. I love that she’s winning.

30. Indigo says:

**Draya

31. Alescia says:

Ms. Draya , Just wanted to say to you that you should Hold your Head High. I’m so Glad your leaving BBWLA. Once you left we didn’t watch it, You have stood up for yourself, You have demanded your respect, Your a Strong Selfmade Business Woman!!! Great Job!!!’ I’m Proud of you!!!!

32. Aishia says:

I’m new to the blog but I have to say Claire you did your thing boo. Sip on that! It was not a tell all. I think you did good. There’s a difference in writing and speaking on camera and I know that. You helped Draya gain a fan in me. Her style is more simple where mine is more bright, but I am a white freak too so I am now officially a fan. I am proud of her. I know how it is to go from having nothing to pulling yourself out! It’s work. Good job Claire. Can’t wait til the next Closet Confessions!