May 7th, 2014
Celebrity Style, Hot or Hmm

So we go from the sartorial high of the Met Gala…to this.
Tyra Banks flossed at the 2014 Flawsome Ball in a strapless dress by Filipino designer Francis Libiran:
Tyra Banks' Flawsome Ball 2014
Smize, Tyra, Smize
Tyra Banks' Flawsome Ball 2014
Her frock is fashioned out of gold leather.
Tyra Banks's Flawsome Ball Francis Libiran Gold Leather Strapless Gown
As a fellow curvy girl, I know it can be hard to find flattering options, but one thing I try to do is stray away from strapless and move towards pieces that are more tailored. This dress isn’t doing anything for Ty Ty.
What do you think?

Tyra Banks' Flawsome Ball 2014
Tyra Banks' Flawsome Ball 2014
Tyra Banks' Flawsome Ball 2014

See who else was in attendance:

_tyra-banks-flawsome-ball-francis-libirin-gold-leather-gown
Chrissy Teigen popped by in a red column Blumarine gown
Tyra Banks' Flawsome Ball 2014
Padma Lakshmi was effortless in navy
Tyra Banks' Flawsome Ball 2014
Tyra’s beautiful mom, Carolyn London, came out to support

Images: AKM GSI, WENN

15 Responses to “Hot! or Hmm…: Tyra Banks’s Flawsome Ball 2014 Francis Libiran Gold Leather Strapless Gown”

1. Honeybrown says:

The fit is okay to me, but I agree it could’ve been tailored better. The problem to me is the color it washes her out. I also want to see a different hairstyle from her, her hair has been in this style and color for quite some time now.

2. Nice pics thanks for sharing!!!

3. mi manning says:

Tyra! What in the world…

Agreed with @Honeybrown

5. CC says:

I agree with @Honeybrown the hair color dress combo is washing her out, maybe a darker hair color, it would have made the dress pop I think. I like the dress though!

Does she not wear spanx? Her body is fine but I feel like shes ruffled in the midsection it could be smoother

7. andrea says:

Both her and Chrissy look washed out. Padma slayed as usual. She’s such a natural beauty.

8. Elle says:

She needs a new make up artist.

9. Lee-Lee says:

The other Queen of lace fronts! But no to the look. But yes to the fact that Tyra still looks good.

10. Jen says:

I seem to be in the minority, but I think the dress looks wonderful on her. She is an elegant hourglass, and the mermaid style tends to flatter that body type—as seen above.

I do agree, a darker hair color (since it is interchangeable) would’ve pushed it to the next level. She looks fantastic nonetheless.

11. Marsha says:

I saw some unfortunate looks at the Met Gala; I don’t think Tyra deserves to be called out. The dress isn’t my favorite, and I think a different color would have worked better, but she looks fine!

the whole point of the event is everyone has FLAWS a flawLESS look would go against the objective.

Chrissy is just as prego!!! And you can see her shape wear….what a beautiful baby her and John will have

13. Kim D. says:

I didn’t like this look at all. She looks broad, but her neck up looks small. Plus everything is the same color; dress, hair, skin, makeup.

14. Feather says:

OMG look how fat Tyra is getting… There is no way I would get thick and let Niomi stay skinny and fabulous. Isn’t that her competion. Now everyone is her competion. LOOL Her makeup looks like she had nothing on like a zombie. She could have did a berry lip or even a hot pink.