May 6th, 2014
Fashion Bombshell of the Day
Fashion Bombshell of the Day: Maya from LA

It’s hard to get back to our regularly schedule program with all the Met Gala fun, but go back we must!
Check out today’s Bombshell, Maya from LA:
maya from la
She says, “Recently working for Saks Fifth Avenue as a stylist and sales consultant in Costa Mesa,Ca , I gained the confidence to branch out and conduct my own business. I work closely with up and coming designers in the Los Angeles and Orange County area and establish relations with buyers and store owners to get lines into stores.”
6  maya from LA
” Also I assist in creative directing with store owners (Melrose ave. / Orange County) and brands with socially and fashionably renovating their line and boutiques. Being only 21-years-old this is a very huge role to take on, but with faith in God and superior work ethic, all is possible.”

3  maya from LA
“I like for my style to exude my confidence. A woman that demands a presence in a room is always the image I try to pursue.”

2  maya from LA
” I would describe my style as extremely eclectic and chic. Wearing up and coming contemporary brands such as BellenBrand to wearing more established brands such as UNIF or Theory, I have a wide variety of taste. I typically like to wear all black and mono-chromatic colors. Although my clothes tend to be very contemporary and high-end ready to wear, I’m always on the hunt for a good deal. I purposely shop and support exclusive boutiques all around California (I.E. Reloaded LA- Melrose Ave. to LunaB- Laguna Beach) to find unique pieces.”

maya from LA
“I’m very excited to take on this new journey as an Instagram fashion blogger and I have great ideas and projects in the works. Conducting self-styled shoots monthly, submitting photos, and continuously updating my followers are my tactics to becoming socially exposed within this industry. Hopefully with the assistance with blogs such as Fashion Bomb Daily, I’ll be able to branch out to many viewers and potential clients.”

00 maya from la
That’s a mouthful! Love your looks.
See more on Instagram @treschicmcc.
Thoughts?

Fashion Bombshell of the Day is a feature showcasing the singular style of Fashion Bomb Readers. Send your name, location, a description of your style, and 6-8 clear, unfiltered, head-to-toe pictures of 6-8 different outfits (no collages) to thefashionbomb@gmail.com. Images submitted will be featured on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or any of our social media platforms. Comments can be harsh, so bring your A game! Please be advised: once published, pictures will not be removed or taken down.

Posted In
28 comments

28 Responses to “Fashion Bombshell of the Day: Maya from LA”

1. mi manning says:

ummm… a little Rihanna-ish.

Too many words and not enough pictures, but I love what I saw, especially the third look :)

3. FLEE says:

its aight.. it would’ve been nice if more pictures were submitted

4. Serenity says:

I love people who profess their strong beliefs in God while half naked. Church is sure a-changing

5. KS says:

I actually liked her lengthy description. She sounds very confident and hardworking. Her style is not my personal taste though, it’s a little young with a lot of skin showing. Based on her description, it seems like she is on the right track to having a great career. Kudos!

6. Sarah says:

Way too many words. I just skipped through, it takes away from the outfits. Regardless I voted bomshell for her.

7. jeda says:

Serenity!! Nooooo!!!! lol, I wasn’t ready. Hahahaha. I think her style is cute. Definitely room for evolving. She did have a lot to say, but it goes to show that she is ambitious.
    Blessings

8. Anastasia says:

I love the outfit in the third look. And is that an ASOS kimono I spy?

9. Choco aka Hippie says:

No for me especially if she is a stylist.

10. Mo says:

I don’t see extremely eclectic but she’s cute….Was this an FBD submission or a resume??? Sheesh……..

11. tahlyuh says:

“That’s a mouthful!”

You done said it Claire!

12. DivaFabulosa says:

Cute for a young California girl. I guess this look is typical for girls her age. I voted bombshell. I agree that she should have submitted more pictures. This probably is her way of putting herself out there for the fashion world with her lengthy description.

13. Jess from London x says:

Loved # 1! Not to many accessories so the looks are clean and not too overdone. She obviously loves hoop earrings which I myself am guilty of always wearing (they just go with most things) so young and lots of potential. Do ur thing gurl. : )

14. jacBandit says:

i love her description. its a shame that people can’t read no more than a couple lines these days. as for her style it was okay. i see room for growth but i think she is on the right track. i will follow her instagram because i think she has great potential and she seems to be very driven!

15. Ms M says:

I thought her description was great. It’s all fashion related, and it’s great to hear her dreams and ambitions as a business owner. Claire I thought you were into Black women entrepreneurship?

Anyway, PYT with cute style – I like the sheer skirt outfit best.

Best of luck to you Maya in your fashion career!

16. MAJOR says:

Can I please have the deets on the tan ensemble and the black sheer shirt? Thanks!!!

17. Noirre says:

Bombshell…young, fresh, not overdone, not trendy.

18. Shelly says:

I also agree that the description is longer than what we are used to, but with that said, I liked everything she said, as far as her goals and being ambitious.

As far as the fashion, I thought it was ok. Not horrible, but not great either. And as far as styling goes, I think it is important to know what is flattering to you body type, and I don’t think the first look was. Maybe jeans with a high waist would have been better. And I also would have liked to see some different hair styles. I think a high bun would have looked nice with at least one of the outfits.

All in all, keep working toward your dream girly!

19. Star says:

I actually LOVE the descriptions because its so much better than the repetitive “I only wear vintage/ mix high end low end” stuff that most of the bombers say. Voted bombshell keep up the good work Maya

I think she is young and fresh! Such a positive message she is giving out. Love all her looks. Sporty chic.

21. LouLou says:

HAAAAAAAA!!! @ Serenity!

Well, based on her lengthy description, my guess is she’s just starting out as a ‘stylist’.

I’m going to give her the benefit of the doubt and say the next time she tries for ‘Bombshell of the day’ she’ll be more refined. Then she’ll get my vote.

22. LouLou says:

HAAAAAAAA!!! @ Serenity!

I’m going to give her the benefit of the doubt and say the next time she tries for ‘Bombshell of the day’ her skills in styling will be more refined. Then she’ll get my vote.

23. Peaches says:

Her style is neat and clean, no accessories just clean and fresh!!!!

24. Honeybrown says:

I really enjoyed her description! I think her style needs some editing, she is young however and I’m sure it will evolve overtime.

LUV HER STYLE

26. Nyima naru says:

I don’t think you have to wear a moo-moo to have faith in The Lord to guide you through your journey of long hard work to a successful career.

I though she should have submitted more pictures to showcase especially since she is a stylist but I liked the looks especially the tan ensemble. She’s only 21 so I’m sure she will grow over the next few years.

Much blessings on your journey

Sorry but shes giving me 1990s mc lyte tease

28. J says:

High end ready to wear????? Whaaaaaa she’s trippingggggg……..if so she looks cheap….sorry…..cute girl….cute style but she looks like a walking ad for many of these typical online stores. For her to do all that tooting about herself in fashion she isn’t really emphasizing true fashion as she isn’t really wearing much clothing. She looks trendy….she has a long way to go in my opinion……hopefully someone will enlighten her.