May 2nd, 2014
Fashion Bombshell of the Day
Fashion Bombshell of the Day: Kosi from Brooklyn

We’re ending this week of Bombshells with Kosi from Brooklyn, NY:
kosi from new york
She says, “My style is Eclectic, I like to mix and match (minimalistic and Bohemian) while keeping it chic at the same time.”
Kosi from Brooklyn
” Women with style raised me—I have my own and it’s very different but it’s my way of honoring them. ”

1 Kosi from Brooklyn 000w-5
” It’s all about having fun, experimenting, and being comfortable!”

1 Kosi from Brooklyn 000w-6
” I like my t-shirts, they are my staples for everyday outfits (rocker, hip hop, comic inspired).”

8 Kosi from Brooklyn
” I’ve found great pieces just about everywhere, but my favorite shops are Shopbop, LaGarconne, Nasty Gal, and of course EBay is my greatest resource!”

2 Kosi from Brooklyn
” For vintage pieces I go to Brooklyn Flea and Loveday 31 in Queens, NYC.”

3 Kosi from Brooklyn
“You can follow me on Instagram @kosi27 & twitter @kos27.”
4c Kosi from Brooklyn
More here:
Kosi from Brooklyn

6 Kosi from Brooklyn
Hot! Very city chic.
Be sure to visit Kosi’s blog Onecreatesoneself.com and check out her Instagram @kosi27.
Thoughts?

Fashion Bombshell of the Day is a feature showcasing the singular style of Fashion Bomb Readers. Send your name, location, a description of your style, and 6-8 clear, unfiltered, head-to-toe pictures of 6-8 different outfits (no collages) to thefashionbomb@gmail.com. Images submitted will be featured on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or any of our social media platforms. Comments can be harsh, so bring your A game! Please be advised: once published, pictures will not be removed or taken down.

Posted In
40 comments

40 Responses to “Fashion Bombshell of the Day: Kosi from Brooklyn”

All the way wrong.

2. tahlyuh says:

Bohemian was a good adjective.

nope, but I like her hair, wish she did more with it.

4. Blue Ivy Carter says:

Do you know what i like about this Bombshell– only her name. Bye!!

5. curves says:

I can’t not today not ever.

Seven and the last one were fine but I think this an example of people with style but don’t know how to do it for their body.

7. 2 Cents says:

Shouts through a Kenya Moore bullhorn: Either SMILE or practice your SMIZE because this cock eyed smirk face is not becoming on you AT ALL.
    I’m done.

8. andrea says:

I agree 2 cents, smile or nothing at all….

9. Honeybrown says:

It’s been 20 mins since I posted my comment and it has yet to appear and I can’t repost because it detects a duplicate comment.

10. Honeybrown says:

REPOST ! First one failed:…..This fell flat to me. I’m all for boho chic but this is just drab to me. If I can suggest that you work on the fit and editing of your looks, also you may want to accessorize more because honestly when you go for boho chic it’s all about the accessories. However you seem very confident and I applaud it. Love the hair by the way.

11. Simplicity says:

Hated it……

12. thatgirl says:

So surprised at the low votes here. While I don’t think she is a bombshell, I definitely do not think she is horrible. The smize shouldn’t even be a factor.

I must first say she is a very cute young lady! But, unfortunately her attempt at “boho” comes off more unkempt than chic!

14. I4fashion says:

I like that she looks comfortable and that its her style ! she doesnt look like everrrybody else.. she looks like she is her own individual .. she has a pretty natural look to her as well..

15. c says:

I think she is an attractive young lady that just need to get comfortable in front of the camera more and smiling with your eyes. She looks a flat in the face and mascara would have also hepled look a lil more lively. No shade. I think the outfits are okay, not the greatest but we’ve seen worse, I like the casual at all time vibe.

16. Shoeicide says:

I can really appreciate the whole hipster/boho vibe. In the images, today’s bombshell is looking very “chunky”. Please understand that this is nothing to do with weight! I apologize if it seems insensitive. What I am saying is that your shoes, specifically, really drag you down. They cut off at the ankle which doesn’t help elongate your legs. I have the same problem! I don’t have Rihanna legs, but fake it til you make it! Focus of proportions, too. And I agree, more accessories would help. Lastly, invest a little more time in hair and make up. With such a casual look that area can make your appearance look more deliberate rather than, “I just threw something on.” You have a beautiful face/canvas so very little work needs to be done :)

17. Lenita says:

Very swapmeet….No thank you

18. coco says:

Bohemian and minimalistic…I get it hunny and am here for it. Your look is very clean without being boring and vibrant without being over the top. You look comfy in your clothes and effortless. Not everyone loves tons of accessories it tends to make the look too forced and heavy. I think the missing element of your look is makeup! A bold lippy or strong brow will set you over the top. Other than that I am all for this look :) #BOMBSHELL

19. nyc chick says:

I don’t think she’s that bad. Her biggest problem is her shoes. They are awful. I like a lot of her clothing but agree she needs to punch it up with a few well chosen accessories and a bit of make up

20. I like it! I love that she’s comfortable being chill and doesn’t feel the need to be over the top. I’m also a casual quirky t-shirt girl, so I can relate.

21. Natasha says:

Hope Kosi only reads the last half of the comments since that’s where it starts to get a bit more consistently constructive, at least.

Furthermore, I’m with @Coco: she’s giving me comfy casual. Love the semi-freeform locs, too as it mixes well with her style.

I think the comments on proportion would be helpful for Kosi. Overall, nice style. As someone who has never been to Brooklyn, this is what I imagine most folks look like.

22. This girl will likely have amazing style in a few more years. (I know I always say that, but really its true!) She is very comfortable in her skin. Her clothes are comfortable and she definitely has a sense of style. There is a thing that happens with a little living that really affects the sense of style.

Natasha – this is *not* how most folk look in Brooklyn love, lol. But its funny that you think that because it speaks to what the mainstream media is putting out about an entire borough that is really only reflective of a very, small section. But that’s an entirely different conversation.

23. southern says:

I am not a fan of boho, and i wouldn’t call her minimalist, but something about her I like.

24. It's OK says:

She is OK, not everyone’s cup of tea, but everyone commenting on her “smile” did you stop to consider she might have some sort of palsy or something ‘cos that is what is coming across to me (I may be wrong, if I am, I am truly sorry) but I refuse to denigrate someone on something that they have no control over.

25. Sasha says:

Some of these comments are mean. I will say that your style is not my cup of tea but you are beautiful and seem confident to dress however you deem fit. I think that other comments were
    Right on ie make up and accessories would give your look that extra pop. Keep doing what makes you happy.

26. Ms M says:

I think her smile is perfectly fine!

I like the easygoing casual vibe she has going on – 4th look is my fave (headscarf etc.).

27. ASM says:

Yikes these comments are harsh. I see why Claire says bring your A game. “Style” is very subjective but kudos for having the courage to submit your photos…that already makes you a bombshell!

28. KJ says:

BOMBSHELL!!!!
    I love your style and agree with ASM having the courage to submit your photos for public sctutiny makes you a bombshell.

29. tricia says:

Shes not horrible or bad, shes laid back comfy and not fussy. Someone mentioned swapmeat I don’t think so, especially not my swapmeat where u can only find prostitute clothes there. Maybe u can do a little something with the hair. U don’t have to dye it, but make it more funky. Maybe do a bun or rollers at night or something, claire have dreads and still styles her hair.

30. Lisa says:

She’s run of the mill and average not worthy of bombshell AT ALL no offence meant

31. what is chic though? says:

i love the fact that she looks like a true boho girl, no “topshop” or other trendy stores. she lives her style (if that makes sense lol)

32. Mz Long Eyelashes says:

I’ve seen better at the supermarket

33. Zee says:

Nice bangle…and the rest is a no on all levels!!!(P.S Dye your hair with black henna dye so it has a bit more life to it)

The choices were so bland
    I’m sorry none of the choices work for me..

A mess.

36. marguerite says:

i liked her. i found her refreshing. she had her own style and didn’t look like anyone else. go girl.

37. ADA says:

Love the red and grey combo!! I would wear the whole outfit in a heartbeat. I also loved some of your other pieces, more so the blazer combos as that is more my style. Your other choices were not bad as I can definitely get that bohemian feel. I’m sure your style will only get better with time, as we all have!

38. ilike2smize says:

This is a joke right?

39. Kandi says:

She described her style quite accurately minimalist, boho, comfortable & eclectic. A couple of the shoe choices did not “go” with the outfits. I actually liked alot of her clothing choices on her. I get her aesthetic.