May 1st, 2014
Concert, Date Night, Shopping, Style Inspiration, What to Wear
By Danielle Nicole

I’m ushering in the month of May with a concert and date night ready style inspiration. Let’s dive in…

Omora writes, “Hi Claire, I am attending an R. Kelly concert in a couple of weeks and am struggling with what to wear. It’s Kelz so you know I want a look that’s sexy. I will be attending the concert with my hubby so I don’t want to have too many eyes on me, lol. I just want a look that’s grown and sexy…Thanks in advance.”

For look #1, dress up a simple black jumpsuit with a printed Just Cavalli blazer, simple sandals, and a gold studded leather clutch.

What to Wear to the R. Kelly and Tamar Braxton Concert Just Cavalli Printed Candy Blazer Christian Louboutin Laurence Anyway Caged Ankle Booties Jason Wu Black Leather High-Heeled Sandals Gia Studded Leather Clutch

Work in bold accents with a double chain pearl pendant necklace and a striking nail lacquer.

And if you’re looking for a relaxed and stylish option, jump into a pair of your favorite skinny jeans but add some flavor with a split-back leather top and a sexy pair of pumps.

What to Wear to the R. Kelly and Tamar Braxton Rag & Bone Split Back Leather Top Concert Christian Louboutin So Kate Striped Calf Hair Pump Christian Louboutin Sweet Charity Dyed Calf Half Small Shoulder Bag

A printed calf hair shoulder bag, multi-layer draped necklace, and spiked hoop earrings give the look a chic touch. Add a punch of color with a vivid mani and a set of false lashes to complete the look.

Next up is Amber who writes, “Tamarrrrrr Braxtonnnnn is coming to Houston in June for her own tour and I am really excited. This tour is going to be crazy and I have to look good. All the Tamartians will be beat to the gods so I have to look good and stand out. Please help.”
Of course!
Dazzle in a sexy two-piece ensemble including a deep-v black bralette top and a shimmery pencil skirt.

What to Wear to the R. Kelly and Tamar Braxton Concert Moschino Vintage Sequin Skirt Lulu Guinness Studded Lips Clutch Alexander Wang Malgosia Lace-up Sandals Alexandre Birman Suede T-Strap Sandal

Anchor this festive look with a white cropped jacket and a strappy pair of black sandals. For the final touch add a Lulu Guinness lips clutch, gold jewelry, and a popping pink lip.

And what’s a concert look without a graphic tee? Show a little leg in an asymmetric mini and black ankle strap sandals.

What to Wear to the R. Kelly and Tamar Braxton Concert Saint Laurent Oblique Pencil Mini Skirt Stark Clutch Gianvito Rossi Suede SandalsGive the look a stylish upgrade with a pair of designer aviator shades, a gilded clutch bag, geometric cutout earrings, and a statement cuff bracelet.

And that’s it! Now I’m off to finish packing for my trip to Vegas. Wishing everyone a fabulous end of the week!

11 Responses to “Spring 2014 Style Inspiration: What to Wear to the R. Kelly Concert, Tamar Braxton Concert, and Any Concert You Might Attend This Season”

1. Sharonda says:

Loving all of these looks!

2. k says:

That third look is hot hot hot!

3. Monica says:

All of these looks seam geared towards an indoor, seated theater concert (which a lot of summer shows are not). There’s no way I could wear any of these shoes if I was standing for 2 hours straight. If you’re sitting down the whole time, maybe a different story.

Love em all but #3, not a sequin/sparkly kinda girl.

I Love all of these, but loving #3 the Best! Yes, I shall be wearing something like this on my trip to Vegas in a few months. Thanks!

5. Kimberly B. says:

OH MY MY MY !!!!! I LOVE ALL THESE LOOKS. GOOD JOB!!!!!

6. binks says:

Cute looks, especially the Tamar one!

7. Deb says:

All these looks are awe-inspiring…

8. Danielle says:

All of the looks are so cute!!! UGH I wanna go shopping now!!!

where are the blue laceup sandals from in the first look?

10. ShoeGyrl says:

Love these looks! Can you show more concert looks?

I’m going to the ‘On the Run’ tour and have tickets in the pit section which does not have seating. I’m looking for something casual yet sexy but comfortable since I will be standing.

Thanks!

11. Omora says:

Thank you sooo much for your inspiration. I did attend the Kells concert and had a lovely time. I opted for a white jumpsuit instead of black and I did silver ankle strap sandals. I looooove the looks you put together though. Those turquoise sandals have got me spinning. Yassss!!