May 1st, 2014
Featured, On the Scene, Rihanna
On the Scene: The 2014 iHeartRadio Music Awards
By Faith

Another day…another awards show!

The 1st ever iHeartRadio Music Awards went down in LA with some of our favorite singers and songstresses in attendance. From edgy ensembles channeling dark romance to flirty frocks, the ladies and gents definitely brought it on the red carpet.
600-OTS- The 2014 IHeartRadio Music Awards
Let’s see what they wore!

rihanna-2014-iheartradio-music-awards-givenchy-couture

Rihanna went goth in a Givenchy Couture black leather jacket layered over a sheer lace gown from the French fashion house, topped off (literally) with bantu knots and dark green lips. I never know what to expect from Rih and I love that! Even though she stole my protective style…

selena-gomez-2014-iheartradio-music-awards-cushnie-et-ochs-look

Selena Gomez bared her midriff in a keyhole-detailed crop top and flare-hem skirt, both by Cushnie et Ochs.

mya-2014-iheartradio-music-awards

Mya had one of my favorite looks of the night in a blush pink cape blouse and embellished asymmetric hem skirt from Australian designer Bariano and shoes by Alexandre Birman. Glad to see her back on the red carpet!

melanie-b-2014-iheart-radio-music-awards

Melanie B’s $1,827 Roksanda Ilincic Black and Orange Draped Thurloe Jumpsuit was simply fabulous.

laurie-ann-gibson-2014-iheart-radio-music-awards

Laurie Ann “Boomkak” Gibson showed off her dancer physique in a black sheer stripe long-sleeve crop top and a high-waist tile print pencil skirt.

hilary-duff-2014-iheart-radio-music-awards-maria-lucia-hohan-dress-giuseppe-zanotti-sandals

It only took me a few seconds to fall in love with Hilary Duff’s Maria Lucia Hohan long-sleeve velvet embroidered dress and Giuseppe Zanotti sandals. She’s definitely in the running for Most Improved Fashionista this year!

jared-leto-2014-iheartradio-music-awards

Jared Leto couldn’t be missed in a Ferragamo turquoise blazer, printed Etro shirt, and Skingraft trousers. Different…but hot as expected!

ashley-greene-2014-iheartradio-music-awards-sass-and-bide

Ashley Greene put a fun spin on black and white in a printed Sass & Bide number. This dress did it for me.

giuliana-rancic-2014-iheart-radio-music-awards

I loved Giuliana Rancic’s Lumier by Bariano sheer-inset dress. This is the best I’ve ever seen her look!

Which look was your favorite?

Images: Getty

16 Responses to “On the Scene: The 2014 iHeartRadio Music Awards”

1. tricia says:

Claire could you tell faith riri have green lips. Everyone looks great.

2. Maryse says:

^ What kind of comment is that? Faith has eyes, she decided not to comment on those lips. And as far as this product’s ‘look’ goes. It looks incredibly awkward. I guess it’s because it’s not used to wearing clothes…

Selena’s dress and hairstyle make her head not look dissproportionally small for once.

Mya: Looks classic, very nice outfit. I really goes well with her complexion and gives me a ’50′s feel

Mel B: She looks like the plastic surgic junkie that she is. Less and less expression in her face. And is she still an ‘exotic’ dancer? I mean, she should have teamed up with Vicky B. This is going nowhere. Fast.

Laurie Ann’s boobs…? I just can’t. If you’re a dancer leet yu tata’s be small and perky, ‘ cause this ain’t it.

Hilary Duff: Hilary! I thought we talked about this. It’s summer (almost) and you channel your inner Kim for some Morticia realness (albeit in short)? No honey. Also I know she had an eating disorder and that was sad, but please look in the mirror before you go anywhere! You look like a quarterback. While you don’t have to! JUst wear something with straps and enough cleavage for a hint of femininity, what you so desperatly need…

Jared? in a skirt-thing? Nope.

That white dress is cute I’m located across the pond, who is she again?

That body con is obviously not for her. When you are petite other things work for you. Just like Hilary she is very wide in the stomach area, giving an illusion of not fat per say but not an hourglass shape either. Far from it actually. She needs to hem that shirt, or wear something shorter. A peplum or anything wide near her hip area to make it look like she’s got hips. And something that gives her a nice womanly shape up top. ‘ Cause just like Melanie’s and Hilary’s this ain’t it…

3. Maryse says:

Hilary does have the only cute shoes in attendance. Whle the rest (of the women in closed pumps) are sweatin’ their little piggies off

4. Danielle says:

I didn’t even recognize Selena! Must be the tan.

Also – ^^^ please stop writing essays paragraphs and thesis statements. Not ever that serious. Tis all.

@ Maryse…reading is fundamental. Faith did comment on Rihanna’s lips, but some of yall are so hell bent on scolding others…….

6. Sasha says:

Ashley,mya, Selena looks great. I agree with Maryse and I don’t mind reading her essays bc I love to read @danielle lol. The problem is that body con dresses don’t compliment their body shape bc their shape is boxy not to be mean. I don’t like Rihanna’s look at all or russel’s skirt.

7. Ilo says:

@Maryse -it was in the text but it’s alright. I’m kinda intrigued by the green lip color. I like Rihanna’s outfit in pieces versus all together. And dare I say Mya takes the cake for this post. I’m kinda on the line about the skirt but overall the ladies and fellas did alright. I’m not really feeling Leto outfit

8. Lucy says:

Mya looks great but am I the only one who’s tired of dip hem dresses/skirts? That’s so 2012/2013.

Something about Rihanna’s look is intriguing. Not an outfit that I would EVER wear but the fact that she embraced that look says enough. Go RiRi!

9. Marsha D says:

I just need to know why Hillary Duff is looking like Madonna…..

10. Carmool says:

I’m going to say Mel B is giving me a moment and Jared Leto layers worked for me

11. SLIMB says:

Mya looks gorgeous, & I love Guiliana’s look as well

12. Jessy says:

Defintiely not that serious @ post #2. And yes, dancers can have boobs as well lol.

13. REL says:

LOL at the first comment…and???? I for one am here for Riri and her green lips! If anyone cares I think it is most likely from Melt cosmetics, her MUA’s line in the color called “Blow” my personal fav alongside “DGAF” (dark blue)…

14. Drea says:

I love that Rihanna switches up her look so often! She’s a trendsetter. Mya had the best look of the night for me. She’s looks divine from head to toe.

15. LuLu says:

No one’s going to comment on the fact that Rihanna’s look was heavily inspired by Jada Pinkett Smith’s character from The Matrix…..

16. Maryse says:

In posts like these I usually just have an opinion about everybody, so I comment on everybody.
    Some one (anonymous @ 7:36) said Faith commented on that girl’s lips? Faith did not, she just mentioned them. She does go on to say that she doesn’t know what she can expect from this girl, but that could also just be about the dress, she doesn’t specify. A comment would be:

a verbal or written remark expressing an opinion or reaction.

Talk about reading comprehension…