April 30th, 2014
Celebrity Style, Who Wore it Better
By Faith

Iman was honored at the Variety Power Of Women: New York event in the same $2,995 Michael Kors Leather Belted Pleated Dress Heidi Klum sported back in January of this year:

who-wore-it-better-iman-heidi-klum-michael-kors-leather-belted-pleated-dress

Both ladies kept the styling simple — opting for loose waves, minimal makeup and jewelry, and chocolate leather sandals.

The nutmeg-hued dress features accordion-pleats, a front-slit, A-line silhouette, and is cinched at the waist by a large python belt.

michael-kors-leather-belted-pleat-dress

What do you think? Who wore it better?

iman-variety-power-women-event-michael-kors-dress

heidi-klum-hollywood-stands-up-to-cancer-michael-kors-dress

Images: Getty

14 Responses to “Who Wore It Better? Iman vs. Heidi Klum in Michael Kors’s Leather Belted Pleated Dress”

1. Martinique_Fr says:

Robin Roberts also wore this dress on Letterman last week.

2. Melli-Rae says:

Dang they both look good in this dress but I think I will give it to Heidi

3. cyndi says:

Heidi gets the win but I like the original belt better.

I like it on Iman because the colour of the dress compliments her skin tone, but Hiedi has the boobs for the low cut and I prefer her shoes.

5. Sarah says:

6. jess says:

Heidi’s curves and hint of leg give the dress some oomph. It looks a bit matronly on Iman, and I can only imagine how unflattering it would be on Robin Roberts’ skeletal frame.

7. Drea says:

I say both Iman & Heidi wear it well…but if I absolutely had to choose, my eyes are drawn more to Heidi. I think her shoe pairing is better too.

8. RHONYC says:

mkays i get that Heidi is pals with MK and loves his stuff, but she just doesn’t look good in his nutmeg fashions. she tried this b4 with the brown jumpsuit remember? her body no longer possesses that elegant gait needed to where garments like these. not being mean, but…no.

Iman looks like a school marm in this. so no again.

my policy is if the model is an A-cup, then the garment is meant to be worn similarly. boobs just ruin the look & makes it tacky. :-/

9. remi says:

Heidi wins because the color favors her skin tone…black women should stay away from BROWN….iman would have slayed if that same dress was beige or yellow or even sea blue….i would have loved to see that same dress in black or red leather on iman….she would have slayed and peeled heidi’s all the way back…

10. reeseecup says:

I agree that this color does nothing for Iman’s skin tone. Also, the dress looks rather baggy on her or maybe shes just not filling it out enough. Heidi takes this one IMO.

11. Choco aka Hippie says:

IMAN!

12. dasaniFRESH says:

Iman because the dress mimics what would be a ‘nude’ color (which is all the rave currently). I do agree with a previous commentator that Heidi’s shoes are a bit more appropriately paired with the dress.

13. ladyShawann says:

Iman. Lovely flesh tone dress on her.

HEIDI!!