April 29th, 2014
Featured, On the Scene
On the Scene: The Belle New York Premiere

Slave era drama Belle had its Premiere last night in New York, and of course the film’s fabulous stars were in attendance.
600-OTS-The Belle New York Premiere
Take a look at who showed up and what they wore.
_Gugu-Mbatha-Raw's-Belle-Premiere-Lanvin-Green-Halter-Gown
Lead actress Gugu Mbatha-Raw posed with co-star Sam Reid in a green halter gown by Lanvin. Gorgeous, no?
halter pink navy Star+Jones+Belle+New+York+Premiere+wLcQFUB3tccx
Star Jones looked jazzy in a pink and black chevron maxi dress.
yaya Dacosta Belle+New+York+Premiere+6owyuoTFFAmx
Yaya DaCosta punched up a blue Herve Leger banded mini with a beaded necklace and green pumps.
tamron hall Belle+New+York+Premiere+-ceNDrIVBOpx
Tamron Hall was a vision in a hot pink long sleeve shift.
phylicia rashad Belle+New+York+Premiere+Nvmr1x-FpbBx
Phylicia Rashad also clung to color in a multihued wrap coat.
Amma Asante  Belle+New+York+Premiere+YjVqTdDO_3kx
Film director Amma Asante bet on black in a floor sweeping gown.
anika noni rose Belle+New+York+Premiere+0p01wFhQrsXx
And lastly, Anika Noni Rose was positively pretty in a knit number.
What a beautiful showing, no?
Whose look spoke to you?
And if you haven’t heard about the movie Belle, check out a trailer below:

Images: Getty

9 Responses to “On the Scene: The Belle New York Premiere”

1. X says:

This movie looks so good. I will definitely be there!

2. S says:

Fashion aside, I heard about this movie a while ago and I can not wait to see it!

If I had to pick an outfit from the pics above, I would choose Anika’s dress and shoes. Although, I do like the color of Tamron’s dress.

3. Curves says:

Anika Noni Rose know she was wrong for those SHOES! did she not think to polish her toes?

4. I thought Gugu was Rocsi and the director was Anika Noni Rose!!

5. J. Nicole says:

Phylicia Rashad is my style icon for when I become a certain age. I love how she dresses!

6. Tricia says:

Why must she polish her toes?

7. steph says:

This movie is must see. DIrected by a brilliant Black woman, Amma Asante, and starring a Black actress. A period piece at that. GO SEE IT

8. kiki says:

Omg this movie looks so good! and it was directed by a black directer?? MUST SEE!!

9. LuLu says:

On my must-see list already!

Yaya just had a baby and looks that damn good??? She has ALL the good genes