April 28th, 2014
Fashion Bombshell of the Day
Fashion Bombshell of the Day: Mandisa from New York

My computer has been trying me this morning, thus our Bombshell is a little later than usual. Hopefully Mandisa from New York is worth the wait!
mandisa from new york
She says, “[As far as a description of my style], If I had to choose one word I’ll say Versatile.”
1 Mandisa from New York
“My love for dance and fashion seemed to be the one thing I never outgrew overtime.”

3 Mandisa from New York
” My style evolves constantly…”

6 Mandisa from New York
“.. and every day is an opportunity to express and showcase my creativity and individuality.”
8 Mandisa from New York
See more here:
Mandisa from New York
9 Mandisa from New York

10 Mandisa from New York
I5 Mandisa from New YorkMG_2116

7 Mandisa from New York

2 Mandisa from New York

Mandisa from New York
I love it! You take risks, but everything looks great on you!
See more of Mandisa on Instagram @AdancewithFashion.
What do you think?

Fashion Bombshell of the Day is a feature showcasing the singular style of Fashion Bomb Readers. Send your name, location, a description of your style, and 6-8 clear, unfiltered, head-to-toe pictures of 6-8 different outfits (no collages) to thefashionbomb@gmail.com. Images submitted will be featured on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or any of our social media platforms. Comments can be harsh, so bring your A game! Please be advised: once published, pictures will not be removed or taken down.

Posted In
56 comments

56 Responses to “Fashion Bombshell of the Day: Mandisa from New York”

1. tahlyuh says:

I’lll be back in like 3-4 hours to read the comments…

With the exception of the looks with the long weave (except for the one with the wide part), the hair is off.

I like the first, fourth and sixth looks. All the other looks had nice individual pieces.

She was really hit or miss for me.

I guess this is punishment for it being a Monday

3. c says:

I suddenly feel dizzy…

4. DivaFabulosa says:

Hit or miss for me as well. She looks different in each pic. Maybe its the weave or makeup.

5. Moneboo says:

*slaps forehead*
    It’s Monday….
    I mean…she’s a pretty girl. Maybe it’s just because that’s not so much my taste. Do you though gurl. No hate here.

6. Blue Ivy Carter says:

I think she’s trying to HARD… As an avid reader of FBD you can eye when a Bombshell style his/her self effortlessly and when they’re trying to put alot of energy into something.

7. LuLu says:

The editors at FBD seriously be trying it sometimes, I swear….

Your computer had the right idea, Claire. Definitely not worth the wait.

9. Keke says:

What the hell ? Lol im done

10. POW says:

Pretty girl and good figure, but she seems more trendy than stylish.

11. southern says:

She stands out. when it’s good it is good. but when it’s bad, lawd

12. NO says:

I ….I, WHY ?

13. Serenity says:

Is it the same girl in all the photos? that’s throwing me and clearly these are special occasion outfits. Does she look good on a Tuesday afternoon?

14. ummm says:

is this a trannie?

15. heyyall says:

hated the 3rd and 6th look other than that it’s okay..

16. Lola Reggy says:

Hihi, trannie got a great body hahahhaa @ Ummmmm.
    The frist look I like, except for the boots and the fur, but that red coat, damn woman I want that too! Second look is a classy woowie let’s party to me, luv! The third I like from head to toe, a little Solange Knowles there. Fourth look, mwah, normal nothing special. The fifth is nineties trash, awful. The sixth is A Rita Ora who has a bad day with a black wig. The seventh look is great from head to toe!! The eighth look Is a stunner too!! The last three ones NOOOOO, I see Cinbderella who still has both shoes and no Prince and those white pants, no girl just no! But overall I say give her some time, it is in there. I would love to see her again over a year!!

17. Jacquelyn says:

It is Monday….I will wait till tomorrow:(

18. Mannnnn, these comments are harsh as hell. smh
    Goodness. lol

19. fav1 says:

This isn’t bad for someone under the age of 21.

20. Hello says:

Y’all do the most with the comments lol I think she looks cute it’s young and fun could use some polishing but it’s cute

21. Peaches says:

Her style is ok for her, a young girl who is into trends and razzle dazzler, not mad at that!!!!

22. FLEE says:

It was a “hmm.. no ma’am” for me.. too busy and and tacky in most pics

23. Lex uses says:

I wasn’t feeling it, but she has a cute tiny figure.

24. Sunshine says:

You would think some of yall are all fashion experts, with yall rude comments.
    Fashion is whatever one chooses it to be. If these looks were for every cat and dog, she wouldn’t wear it and then it would all be trendy.
    Outfits, makeup, hair looks good and works for her!

25. Taj Blush says:

Love every look!!! Head to toe she’s Fly!!!

26. sim says:

She has a fabulous body–best I’ve seen so far. As result, I think looking at her fashions is more like looking at different ideas. It is sort of like if you were someone who had fabulous hair and you changed the color every week–you have fabulous hair so you can afford to change up the styles and they will all look good because your hair is always fabulous.

So regardless of whether I would put these outfits together, they all fit so well/perfectly on her that she can always be considered to be looking great because the clothes fit so well. A teeny tiny portion of women could put on the outfits she has on and look good in all of them. Show me a woman who can wear outfits 3, 5, 6, 8, 10, and 11 and have them fit as perfectly as they do on her. I think she’s hot to trot because she can put on a Hefty bag and her figure will still make it look great. She is the most enjoyable person to look at because everything looked so great on her–thumbs up!

27. J Nicole says:

I don’t think the submission is as bad as some comments are making it out to be. I will say many of the looks do not come off as organic and seem as if it’s too heavily influenced, but there are some nice pieces in there. I’m not sure of her age, but I’d assume she’s young, so I’m sure as time goes on she’ll make things her own.

28. Mahoganyb says:

29. Jessy says:

I like the dress in pic #2. Her quirkiness works, for some reason.

30. Grace Under Fire... says:

Cute. Creative. Confident.

31. Honest Choas says:

Some of you are just hateful wenches!

I just can’t with these comments. The submission was not all that bad. I think her hair, body, and items are fab! She seems to be a cute and fun girl.

#goodnight

32. Disappointed Girl says:

Seriously disappointed at some of the comments Im seeing. Her style may not be to your taste but you could find nicer ways to say it! It takes courage to put your pictures on a site like this. At least respect that!

33. Disappointed Girl says:

34. Smh says:

Y’all going in for no reason

35. Smh says:

Y’all going in for no reason

36. Olivia Dope says:

Really at some of these unnecessarily negative comments? … But then again they said the same things about some of the most famous fashion risk takers like Madonna, Kelis, Diana Ross & Rihanna. [BOOM]

Def some hits and misses but im not mad at her. She seems confident, like shes really expressing herself. Thats not always the case cuz some submissions seem soo forced and styled, as tho seeking approval. She has some cute pieces but she’s giving a lil ‘street walker’ tease. A+++ for swag tho

38. Omgeezy!!! says:

Y’all must be miserable and fugly!! She killed it and dope shoe game!! Carryon!!

39. toots says:

i like her style funky with a twist go diva

40. Peaches says:

Her style is alright for a 21 year old. She has some razzle dazzle about herself. Cute and young, I ain’t mad at that!!!!

I LOVE HER STYLE!!!! Some of y’all are just hateful!!! Keep making them mad, Pretty Girl.

What is wrong with you people? You have nothing nice to say, don’t say anything. Calling her a trannie? Just stop. Why would you do this to this girl that you know nothing about.

43. jeda says:

hit or miss for me
    Blessings

44. MelyB says:

Mandisa, if you’re reading this…YOU ARE FLYYY! Love your hair & makeup and although your style isn’t my taste, you OWN every look in every photo.

45. bluu.balboa says:

Some of these readers epitomize the word, PETTY! I cant take! OAN: this young lady looks just that, YOUNG! and its NOTHING wrong with that! You dress differently at different stages in life! I know im not the only one who looks at pictures from undergrad and be like “I had so much personality” lol

46. Mobetta says:

She’s a very pretty girl, with a unique style…hunni don’t change a thing, first they laugh, then I bet they copy.xx

47. Kay says:

I see big hits and big misses. And nice legs.

Validation is great and all, but why even submit for Bombshell? She has fun with her style, which is the point, I guess.

48. WOW says:

A LITTLE TO HARSH FOR MY BLOOD

50. I’m here sitting on an island reading all of you guys comments…..I enjoy it to the fullest….entertainment to say the least. Tranny… I’ll take it, No style… I’ll take it…..too much…I’ll take that too. I’m so self secure I feel absolutely no need to retaliate or defend myself…I’m an individual that dresses the way she likes to and none of these comments will change that. I embrace it all, negative and positive…..btw I’m not that young…28 to be exact…29 in November….great genes I know!