April 25th, 2014
Black Designers, Fashion News, Lookbook
Lookbook: Demestiks by Reuben Reuel Spring 2014

Demestiks NYC designer Reuben Reuel has released his Spring 2014 collection, an abbreviated yet bountiful offering of dresses and skirts, which reflect his African inspired aesthetic:
demestiks reuben reuel spring 2014
Yes, the Brooklyn based créateur is known for his peplums, which appear on signature pencil skirts:
demestiks reuben reuel spring 2014
But we’re also treated to patterned shirt dresses and jazzy suits that will undoubtedly make Solange Knowles and all her aficionados swoon.
2 demestiks reuben reuel spring 2014

I’m a clear fan of Reuben Reuel, and can’t wait to try on a few of these pieces in the upcoming months. This shirt dress has my name on it!
1 demestiks reuben reuel spring 2014

See anything you like?
3 demestiks reuben reuel spring 2014
Order here.

Posted In
10 comments

10 Responses to “Lookbook: Demestiks by Reuben Reuel Spring 2014”

1. fifi says:

The first outfit is everything!

2. Peaches says:

The prints are outstanding and great for the summer months, love his peplums and midi skirts, especially the voluminous ones!!!! Great variety

3. Peaches says:

The prints are outstanding I love his peplums and midi skirts especially the voluminous ones, great collection!

Adore! Gorgeous pieces!

No thanks, all I gotta do is go buy me some African cloth prints, take it to my African tailor up in Harlem and let him hook me up with these styles I see on here.

6. Trina says:

They are nice.

Love love love

8. Moneboo@gmail.com says:

I can’t get past the model’s arms long enough to admire the clothes !!!

9. love the presentation. Anonymous, you’re doing the most.

10. Susannah says:

These fabrics and designs are stunning. I have yet to buy any pieces. Coveting lots of them but slightly concerned about whether I am too short and the right shape (5’4 1/2″; small up top, curvy on the bottom).
    I especially like the Naomi shirt, the New Nay Nay top, the Kait peplum skirt and the Shevon midi skirt.

I would love to be able to buy a matching fabric piece to wear as a matching head wrap with one of these designs but it might also be fun to get something different but complimentary…