April 24th, 2014
Celebrity Style, Shopping

Wendy wrote, “I love this dress on Karrueche Tran.”
Karrueche Tran has a good laugh leaving Create Nightclub
” Do you know who the designer is? I think its perfect for a night out with the girls!”
Indeed! We got in touch with Karrueche, who divulged her dress was from Nasty Gal.
Not 100% sure this is a match, but this $48 Knot Over You Dress comes close:
1 Karrueche Tran's Create Nightclub Nasty Gal Red Dress and Alejandra G Sandals
Her $274 Alejandra G Gijon Sandals boast tassel-trimmed tie closures:
9 Karrueche Tran's Create Nightclub Nasty Gal Red Dress and Alejandra G Gijon Strappy Sandals
Get a similar dress at Nasty Gal and her sandals from Shopbop.com.
Thoughts?
Karrueche Tran has a good laugh leaving Create Nightclub
Karrueche Tran has a good laugh leaving Create Nightclub
Images: AKM GSI

26 Responses to “Wardrobe Query: Karrueche Tran’s Create Nightclub Nasty Gal Red Dress and Alejandra G Gijon Strappy Sandals”

1. Titi says:

Oh yay I was right! Those ARE the ones Draya wore. Sweet!

Glad she isn’t letting Chris’ legal troubles keep her down.

2. Olwethu says:

That is not the same dress ya’ll. Take a look at the second picture. The cut and material are different.

3. Elaine says:

Yes I don’t think it looks like the same dress either! I want it – need to know where it is from! :)

4. KS says:

Kae’s dress is loose at the bottom almost looks like it could be a romper. Not the same dress.

5. Claire says:

And I quote, “We got in touch with Karrueche, who divulged her dress was from Nasty Gal.
    Not 100% sure this is a match, but this $48 Knot Over You Dress comes close.”
    Why do I even write anymore? Maybe this blog should just be a bunch of pictures with exclamation points and emoticons?

Claire it seems like every time u respond lately there is a sarcastic undertone to your statements. It’s not that serious. Please be respectful to ur followers. Not being preachy but I hate when black women always come across as having an attitude. It’s not that deep

7. Jessy says:

What does her being black have to do with anything? You guys kill me when you won’t allow people to just be people (way too busy trying to put others into a box). Black people are humans too, and they go through different emotions like nonblacks do.

8. Titi says:

I mean she has a point!

It’s not the same exact look, but you get the picture.

9. anonymous 2 says:

@Anonymous i totally agree!

I said black because 1. She is black n 2. Black ppl always get that stereotype as always being angry and defensive. Just my thoughts and observations. Nite Nite

I totally agree. Chill out please with the snappy comments. You come off as a bitter employee working during the holiday.

What you can really stop doing is posting pictures of your fashion. You never quite hit the mark @claire

12. Claire says:

I love you all, even the anonymous haters (yep, I said it). Thanks for keeping me employed.
    All I ask is that you read what I write, and maybe put some sort of value on what’s in my brain vs. what I wear, like it or not.
    Night.

13. kateee says:

You Go Claire!!!!!! Its not your fault that people don’t read. And you have said this more than once. It really does get annoying

14. NickySA says:

I love me some Kae, she looks awesome

15. Jessy says:

…OK, Have fun with judging people of color all day. Should be a productive and insightful activity.

I like your style Claire (and text heavy posts), that’s why I’m here instead of looking at look books all day…lol.

16. Leelee says:

Claire-I’m sure we all read your caption, but the problem is, it is infact 100% NOT the same dress..clearly! Lol And the fact that it’s red with sleeves does not make it “close”. Why post it at all? Just say you couldn’t find it. So blame it on your poor choice of wording boo…Your stank attitude–Ew :-| Let’s be professional.

@Anonymous @ 11:15pm
    Oop…Thought it was just me :-/

17. bee. says:

Lol at people coming for Claire hidden behind anonymity. You internet thugs are hilarious!!

18. lconrad says:

It looks like she is wearing this romper but in the color red. idk..

19. Maya says:

Damn. Ya’ll never happy! If she posted it and it wasn’t there – you’d be looking for a similar dress or “look for less” option. When she clearly says that she doesn’t think it’s an exact match ya’ll come at her b/c you a) didn’t read what she said or b) are too lazy to look on NastyGal for yourself – since she at least told you from the wearer’s mouth where it’s from. And whether you’re Black or anything else when you repeat “stereotypes” about people – you look like the fool – no one else. At the end of the day, this is Claire’s blog (she owes us nothing) and she can respond or not, any way she likes. If you wanna be an internet thug and come for people’s head – go back to MTO where that mess is unchecked. Boop.

20. Reeezy says:

@LConrad I was JUST about to post the same link.

Its 2014 and some of ya’ll still don’t know how to use the internet? Wowzers

Indeed it is “Claire’s Blog,” however, the measure of success and Claire’s job is supported by her readers. She should be as accepting of criticism as she is praise. Not everyone is a hater. Some of us (i.e. readers) still do have valid opinions in 2014.

22. nikki says:

@Anonymous..so you only like when white.indian,asian people are mean to you? ..Why can’t people just have a bad day why does it turn into she bitter and angry..But let your not so fave celeb get feature people say the most harmful and ugly things about them.But are they consider bitter and angry or just having an opinion.i’m a black women who gets angry,upset,and i’m also a happy,caring,loving person..But i guess other races are just the happies non confrontal people in the world..

23. Claire says:

Alright, alright….! This has gone down a scary road, so let’s bring it back.
    Whether or not this post was helpful or not, whether you read or don’t, whether you like my outfits or think they’re deplorable…I hope this site can bring you some joy at some point, as much as it brings me joy to create it.
    I really don’t like the negativity. I *try* to stay positive, but sometimes I slip. I am human.
    At any rate, have fantastic Fridays and a wonderful weekend.
    xxo

I don’t think Claire was being negative. She did say it wasn’t a match! Karrueche is wearing a romper from nasty gal! I rem seeing it on the site. They are sold out of that particular color but they have a blk one on there like that as well as a ice blue color.

25. Leelee says:

It is a Romper..by Motel. They have it on their website: motelrocks.com in red and several other colors.
    25% off with this code: helenajlc

26. Bre says:

So people are anonymous haters because they notice your behavior. Slow blink** I personally love your blog it’s one of my favorites but why respond if you’re having a bad day. That’s adding fuel to the fire. Let’s be positive n if u can’t then woosah n respond later. That is all. Have a great weekend