April 24th, 2014
Fashion Bombshell of the Day
Fashion Bombshell of the Day: Lauren from Chicago

You’re gonna love today’s Bombshell! Check out Lauren from Chicago, Illinois:
lauren from illinois
The blogger for Diariesofawannaberichkid.blogspot.com writes, “When it comes to fashion, I like to keep it simple yet chic.”

5 Lauren from Chicago
” As a mom of two young boys, I’m all about being comfortable but still looking polished and pulled together.”

6 Lauren from Chicago
“I like to keep it edgy by doing fun things with my hair (hence the teal streak) and through my accessories.”

Lauren from Chicago
” Fashion should be fun and I try to keep it that way, all while staying classic and timeless.”

3 Lauren from Chicago
” I need my pieces to carry me from season to season.”
1 Lauren from Chicago
Hot! I love it! You better work, momma!
See more on Instagram @midwestlolita or on her blog, Diariesofawannaberichkid.blogspot.com.
Thoughts?

Fashion Bombshell of the Day is a feature showcasing the singular style of Fashion Bomb Readers. Send your name, location, a description of your style, and 6-8 clear, unfiltered, head-to-toe pictures of 6-8 different outfits (no collages) to thefashionbomb@gmail.com. Images submitted will be featured on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or any of our social media platforms. Comments can be harsh, so bring your A game! Please be advised: once published, pictures will not be removed or taken down.

Posted In
24 comments

24 Responses to “Fashion Bombshell of the Day: Lauren from Chicago”

1. Sam says:

She’s Beautiful. I love it!

2. Leya says:

I think from head to toe, majority of these looks are best suited for young women ages 19-24. Nevertheless, you’re a very pretty woman.

3. c says:

Dem bobbies r awesome!!

I think it’s boring and sloppy that hair is waaaay to young for her. no go..

5. @nicolioni says:

It’s funny that people read “Mom of 2 young boys” and assume she’s not young. Ha! So rude. Anyway, she’s beautiful and I love her look from head to toe. You better werrrkkk Lauren!

6. Lisa says:

I think she’s beautiful and I like that she’s a fashionable mom. My only comment is that she should smile more because she has such a pretty face.

7. MISSY says:

HUNNI THEM THANGS SITTING ON 22′S….. OK NOW:-)

8. Jen says:

I don’t think her style description (simple & chic) is accurate at all. She is quirky & colorful in the best way. I enjoy how far from the typical ‘maternal style’ she is.

9. wayment says:

wait…theres an age limit on fun hair/tee shirts??

i think shes pretty and looks cute, just wasnt blown away by her style

10. southern says:

let go of the slogan tees and wear bottoms that balance out the top half of your body.

11. Moe says:

I like Lauren’s style, because it’s more similar to my own- focusing on pieces that can last longer than just a few seasons, while still keeping it stylish, which she pulls off. When i look at her blog, many of per pieces can be worn maybe a few years from now and not look outdated…which is what it sounds like she is going for, which makes sense. There’s two types of people- trendy people & fashionable people. She’s fashionable and there’s nothing wrong with that.

As far as people saying she’s too old to be wearing colorful hair, I didn’t know there was an age limit on having a fun look. Just because she’s a mom of two boys, doesn’t mean she has to BE anything other than who she is. Not like she’s walking around dressed like she’s in high school.

12. Choco aka Hippie says:

She is a pretty woman but I’m not feeling her style at all. But then again I don’t like trends.

13. Food for Thought says:

Needs to learn proportion, especially balancing her top heaviness with her bottom half.

Crop tops are not flattering on her at all, nor the writing across the chest.

Best looks and fit were the blazer/pants ensemble.

14. SHARONGEE says:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

15. Jessy says:

Nope.

16. lolo says:

she is top heavy and needs to invest in a bra and good tops. the balance is off

17. Chaboogie says:

Not feeling her style @ all. And her boobs are too big to wear those tops

18. Britt says:

Nah. Her proportions are waaaay off. She just looks sloppy from the waist up. She has nice legs though.

Like many have commented, her fit and proportions are all wrong. But i enjoy her playful hair regardless of her age, although thats not my personal style. I think if her wardrobe was more tailored and less trendy, it would translate more as she intended.

20. NickySA says:

Sexy MOMA!!!!!!

21. Lisa says:

you look fab!!! I’m a mom too…and being a mom does not mean you have to start dressing all classic! I wish someone WOULD get me out of forever21! I had my son 9 months ago, and you better believe these crop tops that are in right now are giving me LIFE! Can’t nobody tell me NOTHIN and no one can tell you anything either. I wish my mom had looked this cool growing up..lol..hair and ALL! my fav look is the last one. I need that T. You totally look like someone I could run around with..we’d be the hottest moms in town!
    xo

22. Mimi says:

Yea a better bra is a must and I know that pain I’m top heavy too. But u gotta lock and load those things. That floral top is tellin the tale of a bad fitting bra.

23. dia dia says:

im confused cuz i scrolled back up then back down and up again and no where did i see her age, how yall know she older than 24. yall kill me, sHe looks great and fab. love the style and the fact that she is able to maintAIN A STYLE WITH TWO BOYS. COME ON STOP HATING!! UGH