April 22nd, 2014
Graduation, Shopping, Style Inspiration, What to Wear
Spring 2014 Style Inspiration: What To Wear To A Graduation
By Danielle Nicole

Graduation season is just around the corner! And whether you’re the graduate or an attendee, today’s style suggestions are for you.

First up is Nikki who writes, “Looking for some ideas on what to wear to my college graduation in May. I’m 40 and don’t want to do anything too young. I was thinking of doing an outfit centered around the neon yellow Valentino Rockstuds. However, I realize getting those shoes wouldn’t be fiscally responsible of me, lol, so I’m looking for some cheaper ideas. Any help on an outfit would be greatly appreciated!”

If your heart is set on sporting the Valentino Rockstuds, compliment these wardrobe favorites with a printed Peter Pilotto silk dress and a Kate Spade neon yellow shoulder bag.

What to Wear for Graduation Peter Pilotto Silk Print Gia Dress Gianvito Rossi Pointed Leather Pumps Valentino Rockstud Ballet Flat

To subdue this vibrant ensemble, kick off the Valentinos and slip into a sleek white pump.  A beaded necklace, deco stud earrings, and a soft beauty palette complete this graduation day look.

For a second wardrobe option, dress up in a belted floral frock with a sassy pair of laced up sandals.

What to Wear for Graduation Boss Derame Dress, Red Floral Schutz Fiorenza Alexander Wang Black Pebbled Leather Prisma Skeletal Envelope ClutchAnchor this look with a black envelope clutch, a braided statement necklace, and Céline shades.

Nakira is also set to walk across the stage this spring. She writes, “I’m graduating from college in May! I’m having a big fabulous party and I don’t have a clue on what I want to wear! Please help!!!

Dazzle in a cream mini dress, offset by shades of turquoise and blue with a floral printed sandal and geometric envelope clutch.What to Wear for Graduation AqAq Beat Cream Backless Mini Dress Topshop Rosemary Print Sandals BCBGMaxAzria Harlow Geometric Envelope ClutchSparkly accents, a smoky purple lid, and a set of false lashes give the look a stunning finish.

And for those who will be congratulating graduates from the stands, opt for a pleated midi dress, striped sling backs, and a printed shoulder bag.

What to Wear for Graduation French Connection Solar Spells Dress Dolce & Gabanna Slingbacks Kate Spade New York Day Tripper NecklaceAdd a white stone statement necklace for a sophisticated edge and pucker up with a bold pink lip and a matching mani for the final touch.

Congratulations to all of the 2014 grads! Are you ladies feeling today’s graduation day looks?

12 Responses to “Spring 2014 Style Inspiration: What To Wear To A Graduation”

1. thephillydiva says:

ALL OF THESE ARE FABULOUS!!

2. Shanell Lane says:

Hello, I have been requesting for this all month and there seems to be no plus size options. Every time that this is done it seems as if this site tends to disregard the plus size people as if the owner is not. It would be greatly appreciated if you could add options for plus size females that are graduating. Thank you and have a great day.

3. @Alexislovesme says:

THOSE RED AND PINK SHOES THOOOOO!

4. AnnaGirly says:

I absolutely love these looks!

5. m&m says:

These are all amazing….especially the 1st and 3rd looks. Will it be possible to do a ‘more affordable’ version of this because as much as i want to look amazing on my graduation, i certainly wont be spending more than $200 on a dress? Thanks in advance :D

I feel like the FBD folks have stated SEV-ER-AL times that these are to serve as inspiration for you to go out to the stores that are affordable to you and find something along those lines.

Also– isn’t it women* that are graduating, and not females? I thought female was an adjective…..

7. RHONYC says:

@ Shanell Lane

friendly tidbit: asos’ curve plus size section has the baddest 14+ dresses & outfits i’ve ever SEEN online.

case & point, mother ‘had’ to have this jumpsuit they only offered in curve so i bought the 14 cause it was that dope.

check it out – http://us.asos.com/Women-Curve-Plus-Size/1122im/?cid=9577&via=top

8. Marsha says:

Great post! I would love to see some additional options if the site is inclined. I’m graduating next month as well and after all these years in grad school, I’d love some more dresses to ponder over. :)

9. RHONYC says:

@ Shanell Lane

friendly tip: asos’ curve/plus size section the most awesome dresses & outfits i’ve seen on the net for the 14+ set. (hey that rhymed. lol)

case in point, motha ‘had’ to have this great curve jumpsuit that only was available in the lowest size of 14 so i bought it. lots of dope stuff on that site. check it out… :)

Omg, thanks for posting this! I’m graduating in exactly one month from Rutgers University with a BS in Biology (yay! me, lol) and I’ve been looking for something fabulous to wear.

11. binks says:

Love them all, but number 3 is my favorite.

12. Carmen says:

Thank you! Love love love #1 & #2!!