April 14th, 2014
Celebrity Style, Hot or Hmm, Kim Kardashian

I’d bet a good amount of money that Kim Kardashian’s wedding dress will be by Balmain!
She was spied hanging with the brand’s creative director, Olivier Rousteing, and fiancé Kanye West in Paris, wearing a beaded embellished look from the label’s Fall 2012 collection.
2 Kim Kardashian's Paris Visit Balmain Fall 2012 Beaded Embellished Top and Midi Skirt
She stayed true to the runway interpretation, pairing the look with black booties.
Kim kardshian paris balmain fall 2012 beaded top and midi skirt balmain olivier rousteing
Hmmm…It’s spring, and this is clearly a fall look. And I think this particular piece would be better suited for someone a bit taller and less curvy.
I give this a no ma’am!
What about you?

3 Kim Kardashian's Paris Visit Balmain Fall 2012 Beaded Embellished Top and Midi Skirt

*She also dipped back into past seasons earlier in the day, rocking another Fall 2012 creation by Balmain:

kim kardshian paris balmain velvet dress midi
kim kardashian fall 2012 black velvet dress balmain
Which look is more your taste?

34 Responses to “Hot! or Hmm…: Kim Kardashian’s Paris Visit Balmain Fall 2012 Navy Beaded Embellished Top and Midi Skirt”

1. southern says:

she is too short for this. she needs a tailor and lose the tights

She looks dumb, her short stature is overwhelmed by the dress. SHE IS NOT HIGH FASHION. Such a waste, a piece of art ruined by her short, stodgy figure. No bueno

3. Biyonsay says:

Look, some things can only be worn by MODELS or tall people like Rihanna.

The outfit is wearing Kim, compared to the model who is killing this outfit

4. Anon says:

If she would have paired the top with jeans a la Michaela Bercu on the November 1988 cover of Vogue, it would have been awesome…the head to toe beaded print drowns her…

DONT LIKEY

6. Aris says:

I have to agree with everyone else on this one, I love the dress on the model but on Kim it just does nothing for me. She’s too short and the stockings and shoes really just disappoint me..

Far too long she shouldve done it with jeans I agree @Anon

and why is she wearing all this old stuff? its not even vintage.. love kimmy tho

8. D Chaplin says:

One thus dress is inappropriate to just wear walking down the block with a man in jeans. 2. Her tailor could’ve shortened it a bit to compliment her height.

9. Moneboo says:

She looks a hot stuffed mess. The model, dare I say it, killed this dress. And some of these models look as though they stand against food and everything about it. The embroidery on this dress alone seemingly adds curves and shape to the body. Put that added enhancement on a body that’s already “enhanced” and you have overkill. Even the length is just off. It should’ve hit mid calf on her…it’s practically covering the upper most part of the shoes. She is NOT high fashion nor should she wear something or this nature period. Besides the fact that the men walking beside her are dressed in casual attire, she just looks odd. Like a woman wearing a wedding gown to a track meet. Girl bye!

10. FLEE says:

she looks a mess.. I like the second look more.

Kim is beautiful but all outfits are not made for her.

12. Taj says:

I usually don’t comment on Kim’s style but this outfit showcases a common issue I’ve noticed with regards to her fashion choices. Because she is short and wide this dress makes her look like a Shetland pony. I think she is a pretty woman but she should wear outfits that elongates her frame.

This dress is a work of art & Balmain perfection. But damn…it is SPRING! The silhouette and color palette are all wrong! NO KIM…just NO!

All winter this harlot was wearing summer clothing, it’s springtime now and she is wearing fall clothing but she is sooooo deserving of being featured on here. FBD really lays the moisturizer on thick….

15. yonaton says:

idk if its because i watch game of thrones. but i love the look. yes they could be shorter. but when she shows skin ppl still trip. i kind of like the vision. definitely a risk

I feel like she’s just wearing these designs just for the sake of saying”look at me I’m wearing Balmain” when she does these outfits no justice. Poor Kanye he is trying so hard to make fetch happen with Kim and it’s not working!

17. These two are so freaking funny. It cracks me up how they play with the public. Kim knows good and well she looks crazy then Kanye walking beside her looks like he’s running to the corner store for milk. These two are the perfect publicity couple. I thought they would last for a long time, but Kanye will get bored with her. He is always looking for the next high.

18. Lola Reggy says:

Wrong dress, wrong shoes, overall wrong yessssss.

19. Hater says:

Wrong dress, wrong woman, just trying way too hard to be haute! Idiot!

20. mimi says:

Wow the hate is real here. Anyway if kanye leaves her like someone above said. She can always find another man in a heartbeat. Afterall me are lining up to wife her up. Plus don’t forget the huge child support and divorce settlement she will be getting. So either way she wins. So haters stop hating.

21. Terra says:

Can someone tell Kim she is too short for this look!! Damnit Kanye, stop dressing her

22. I agree with most. She is entirely too short for the dress. Tailoring it would pull the look together for Kim.

23. Katherine says:

Yup, too short for this! It swallows her and looks awkward. It’s also awkward how Kanye is wearing essentially a hoodie and jeans… lmao where are they going?

24. Ready says:

Laughing my butt off at “She looks like a Shetland pony”.

25. FIFI says:

Wow! Is this what her hair look like without extension?

26. no says:

Oh sweet Jesus,she looks like a female gladitor in all this outfit.kim sweetie what’s going on? Somebody please help this women,she is losing it.

27. Joy Kendi says:

on kim, no it is waaaaay to long for her. but on the model….YAAASSSSSS!!!!
    xoxo

Someone throw Kim a red flag and have her wave it at Kanye. lol She is giving me full bullfighter.

29. anonymous says:

What happened to the Kim of 2010,11 and 12 ? Kris,is time you take this Kim for a DNA test,I don’t think this 1802 dresser is the real kim.something is wrong somewhere.

30. Amber says:

I agree with OP I think that this look would work better with someone that is taller and I also think that she should loose the tights. I love Balmain designs but it just doesn’t work for Kim. Maybe wearing the first look as separates would suit her better.

31. Rashida says:

I just don’t think it is flattering on her. It makes her look wider. The length is bad on her. I think it would be more beautiful on someone taller and not so curvy. She should wear things that works with her body shape. She is trying way too hard.

32. Jessy says:

Ugly dress on Kim and the model.

33. Newnew says:

Cosign with other posters… Both looks are ill-fitted and forced. While my experience was that paris temps are much cooler than here in the u.s. she just looks overdressed. Very unflattering and matronly. Not at all haute. Kanye may have outsmarted himself this time lol

34. akoshua Manchester says:

She would have looked better with a black coat and the dress needs to be hemmed and hair style changed maybe hair up