April 13th, 2014
Celebrity Style, Nicki Minaj, On the Scene, Rihanna
On the Scene: The 2014 MTV Movie Awards
By Faith

The 2014 MTV Movie Awards are underway in Hollywood! Naturally, the stars brought the heat on the red carpet in everything from bedroom-ready looks to glamorous high-fashion gowns.

Let’s dive into the night’s ensembles!

nicki-minaj-2014-mtv-movie-awards-alexander-mcqueen-gown

Nicki Minaj won the night in a pared-down beauty look, simple, yet chic Alexander McQueen gown, and a $2,930 Full Arm Five Cuff Set from the brand. Yes to this!

rihanna-2014-mtv-movie-awards

Rihanna gave boudoir chic in an Ulyana Sergeenko Couture bustier bodysuit layered under a sheer floor-length robe. She’s a grown woman…she does whatever she wants!

lupita-nyongo-2014-mtv-movie-awards-chanel-dress

Lupita Nyong’o couldn’t be missed in a multicolor Chanel dress and turquoise Casadei Blade pumps. This was a bit conservative for the event, but Lupita always looks amazing no matter what she wears.

kat-graham-2014-mtv-movie-awards-cavalli-dress

Kat Graham looked fierce in a mixed print Roberto Cavalli design. She’s been killing it on the red carpet this weekend!

rita-ora-2014-mtv-movie-awards-barbara-casasola-gown-edie-parker-clutch

Rita Ora usually goes for something punchy, but she chose a more pared-down approach in a Barbara Casasola gown and an Edie Parker clutch. Pretty no?

chrissy-teigen-2014-mtv-movie-awards

Chrissy Teigen looked adorable in a strapless Ulyana Sergeenko Couture dress. She’s such a cutie!

jessica-alba-2014-mtv-movie-awards

Jessica Alba showed off her toned abs in a strapless bandeau top, high-waist flare skirt, and printed pumps.

iggy-azalea-2014-mtv-movie-awards-john-galliano-embellished-dress-shoes

Iggy Azalea went high-fashion in head-to-toe John Galliano. This was totally unexpected, but I loved it.

zendaya-coleman-2014-mtv-movie-awards-emanuel-ungaro-fall-2014-dress

Zendaya Coleman skewed sultry in an Emanuel Ungaro Fall 2014 rose print dress with a thigh-high slit and embellished cap-toe ankle-strap pumps. Hot!

rocsi-diaz-2014-mtv-movie-awards-monica-rose-for-lovers-and-friends-vegan-leather-crop-top-skirt

Rocsi Diaz was white hot in a $141 Monica Rose for Lovers + Friends Lucia Vegan Leather Crop Top and $189 Charlie Skirt. This was so cute!

bella-thorne-2014-mtv-movie-awards-versace-dress

Bella Thorne was all grown-up in a slinky Versace number and Jimmy Choo sandals.

victoria-justice-2014-mtv-movie-awards-atelier-versace-dress

Victoria Justice also opted for Versace, going glam in a lavender embellished lace number from the Italian fashion house’s Atelier line.

shailene-woodley-2014-mtv-movie-awards-balmain-look

Shailene Woodley stunned in an army green leather Balmain top and pleated skirt. She did that!

ellie-goulding-2014-mtv-movie-awards

Ellie Goulding looked ethereal in a white cutout Giorgio Armani gown.

debby-ryan-2014-mtv-movie-awards-rachel-zoe-pre-fall-2014-jumpsuit

Debby Ryan wore my favorite silhouette of all time, slipping into a Rachel Zoe Pre-Fall 2014 one-shoulder cutout wide-leg jumpsuit. I need this piece in my life STAT.

leslie-mann-2014-mtv-movie-awards

It was all about polka dots for comedienne Leslie Mann, who offset her ruffled Juan Carlos Obando frock with orange sandals.

holland-roden-2014-mtv-movie-awards-ferragamo-leather-dress-brian-atwood-pumps

Holland Roden offset her leather Salvatore Ferragamo dress with hot pink lips and matching Brian Atwood pumps.

arden-cho-2014-mtv-movie-awards-blessed-are-the-meek-dress

Actress Arden Cho wore a Bless’ed Are The Meek mesh panel dress and Stuart Weitzman sandals, given a pop of color with a pink Lauren Merkin clutch.

aj-mclean-brian-littrell-2014-mtv-movie-awards-alexander-mcqueen-blazer-sneakers

I had a stan moment for A.J. McLean and Brian Littrell of the Backstreet Boys! I loved A.J.’s $3,285 Alexander McQueen Lace Skull Print Blazer and $650 Lace Skull Print Slip On Sneakers, though I thought they were a bit much when paired together.

amanda-seyfried-2014-mtv-movie-awards-saint-laurent-suit-cap-toe-pumps

Amanda Seyfried presented alongside Seth McFarlane in a Saint Laurent Fall 2014 skirt suit and cap-toe pumps from the French fashion house. I wasn’t a fan of the shoes with this look, but I did fancy the suit!

Who had your favorite look of the night?

Images: Getty

17 Responses to “On the Scene: The 2014 MTV Movie Awards”

1. justme says:

I’m loving the natural hair and make-up looks! Hopefully we can get away from the horrible contouring trend that every “makeup artist” has been doing lately.

2. orb says:

I am so loving this “less is more”. That naturally gorgeous woman was hiding under a ton of makeup. She looks very appropriate for someone her age.

3. orb says:

@justme, I agree. I am a MUA and I learned a lot from working as a Bobbi Brown freelancer. I am sooooo over the heavy contouring and highlighting. Its one thing to go a shade lighter under your eyes to brighten them up, but lately people are out here literally creating new faces using h & c. I am just not a fan, but to each’s own. I have never done that on my clients and never will, unless it is actually requested.

4. Frost says:

Nicki looks great but I was so distracted by how fake and oversized her butt looked when she presented on stage. SMH. It instantly cheapened the look.

I liked Rihanna’s hair and the softness of her look, but I was hoping for something more edgy.

Rita has great breasts! Her face looks beautiful.

Jessica Alba’s toned abs? Are we looking at the same photo because with a slit that small, you’re not seeing any toned abs. But I’ve noticed that Faith equates a flat stomach with toned abs which they are not.

I like Shailene’s look, but I prob. would have preferred it on Rihanna lol

Victoria Justice and Zendaya look cute. I like the spring colored dresses.

5. Lola Reggy says:

Is Minaj looking grumpy, or is it the sun bothering her?

Lupita and Teigen win again, those two women just know how to kill it each and every time.

That green leather Balmaindress, give it to me, now!!! LOL

6. Shayla says:

Rita Ora has never looked this fabulous! Shailene’s Balmain is haute! Everyone looks amazing.

7. Bree says:

Finally Natural looks is coming back. Nicki did the most shock here. Yes glad to see she is ditching all that blonde and pink hair. Rihanna and her killer legs always looking good. Iggy was ok but she just doesn’t do it for me. Ellie looked beautiful in white, Rita kicked it up this time.

8. fifi says:

Everyone looked great…loving Nick Minaj, Lupita and Jessica Alba….and I think they could all use some tan!!!

Nicki looks well put together but Ive alwaysthought she looks weird without makeup. Rihanna looks cute as almost always. Shailene’s outfit is definately one of my favs but should be on someone else to do it justice. I’ll take it! Chrissy Teigen…maybe its just me, which I highly doubt, but that face…well I’ll just keep my thoughts to myself. God forgive me. Who am I to judge.

10. Alberta says:

I love most of the outfits! Great job!

11. Lids says:

I’m here for Rihanna!! Sha-wiiing!

12. Victorri says:

Hey guys check out Rita Ora’s new video “I Will Never Let You Down”!!! http://smarturl.it/IWNLYDVideo

Zendaya Coleman wins it every time for me!

14. Aris says:

Everyone looked lovely!

Loved how soft and fem Rihanna looked, just beautiful!

15. George Michael says:

Riri looked amazing. Serene, but still sexy. As only Riri can do it.

16. George Michael says:

Riri looked amazing. Serene, yet sexy.

Hideous