April 9th, 2014
Celebrity Style, Fabulous Looks of the Day, Fashion News, Kim Kardashian
Fabulous Looks of the Day: April 9th, 2014

18 Responses to “Fabulous Looks of the Day: April 9th, 2014”

1. Shan says:

Kim looks great. As much sh*t as she gets for her style I actually love it now that Kanye’s taken over. I don’t even care that it’s always a size too small.

2. Bee. says:

Kim looks goodt!

3. Huh says:

@Shan did you really just say that Kim has great style since Kanye took over? and that is doesn’t matter if her clothes are a size to small? I’m confused sweety. Kim looks good here, but how often does she look stylish nowadays? Don’t worry I’ll wait. Kim wardrobe consists of mid drift shirts spandex pencil skirts overly done surgery on her face, oh and too small clothes period. But she does look good here.

4. Stephane says:

Another Khloe fail smh…

Kim looks good here, I love how she’ll wear a pair of shoes until the heel snaps off! Make it worth the money she spent on it.

5. LuLu says:

Kim girl, I usually don’t see it for you , but I can give a chick props for dope selections that look come off effortless! 10s all across the board.

Good job today, Kanye.

6. katie says:

Honestly, after that piece FBD did about black women being overlooked for having certain features over white women, namely Kum Stain, (because Kum Stain is a white women) that they would actually stop featuring her. But alas. You know, I’m starting to believe the belief that black entertainment blogs (own usually by black women) are the ones that really are keeping this woman “career” alive.

Y’all bitch and moan about the woman on Vogue and her novelty, but y’all stay featuring her. I swear, the white owned fashion blogs I frequent, almost never feature her. I can count on one hand how many times they have in the past 6 months. She subtly shades black women all the time and yet, here she is on a black owned blog which in turn, keeps money in her pocket. She is laughing all the way to the bank.

7. Iagree says:

@Katie I agree! It’s a shame, almost all the fashion blogs I frequent don’t feature Kim hardly at all. But the black fashion blogs do! I don’t wish to mimic her style at all! It is so many more way stylish people to be featured. I live for real fashion from people who dress themselves.

So eloquently stated @Katie. They used to say that communicating your thoughts brings about change. I am starting to internalize that for most of this generation, the term “follower” prevails. You will have some say, “well if you don’t like it, stop looking at it or clicking to view the post.” I’d say and think that you would agree, if one does not like something speak up (as you did) and hope that it effects change. The amount of coverage on such sites for one, the majority of the fashion world deems as a sub-par dresser, baffles me.

9. AnonyFash says:

@Katie
    I so agree with all of what you said! The same can be said for the fact that every fashion week season, the age old argument of “no women of color on the runways” comes up yet everyday these same blogs freely advertise these same designers. Its become a laughing contradiction, if you ask me. SMH

10. Ish says:

Its always confused me how we sit here shocked when a colored woman is seen walking down a runway or on a magazine cover. Why should we be. I’m never shocked because its normal, because colored women are no different, they are beautiful just like all the other models. They are equal and when we sit here and ask blogs or media to promote that and only that, thats telling colored women that you in fact ARE different and thats why we need to promote you. NO women should be treated different because we are all women regardless of your tone of skin.

11. FLEE says:

YES.. I’m totally here for this look on Kim.

12. Katie says:

@Iagree, @Anonymous, @AnonyFash,

Thank you for your thoughts and I agree with all of them.

13. Sasha says:

Love that Kim finally switched it up and her outfit looks great! Valid point Katie I remember that show that Kim was on where she had a hired black actress state that she did not like Kim bc she was trying to be like “us”! The episode was very disappointing.

14. Claudia says:

The posts that features beautiful black women do not get as many comments as Kim Kardashian (except for Beyonce). That is why she is still featured in the blogs.

15. JEG says:

I personally don’t have an issue with Kim being featured because it’s not my blog, however, I do feel that 97% of the time that she is featured her outfits are not post worthy. Same goes for Beyonce, I notice every time she post an outfit on tumblr it’s always on here within hours. Beyoncé does not have a lot of post worthy looks either. But if the goal is to generate more comments then go for it but I would hope that fashion would be more important on a fashion blog. No shade FBD.

16. DR says:

@ Katie and company….

Preach! This blog has long been a contradiction in itself and a joke. CNN has the ridiculist, FBD has KIM. But you know what they say, the comments keeps the Klan featured everyday. Might as well showcase the Flavor of Love girls, 6 of one half dozen of the other.

17. THE REAL TRUTH TELLER says:

KIM K LOOKS GREAT HERE!

Omg..now I cant tell kim from naya:(