April 8th, 2014
Fashion, Fashion News, Nicki Minaj, Shopping
Fashion Flash: Nicki Minaj’s Summer 2014 Lookbook
By Giselle Williams-Thomas

Nicki Minaj is at it again! The mega rapstress is bringing her summer time fashion to a Kmart near you. With affordable options, Barbz on a budget will be that much closer to looking ‘fly on a dime — Minaj style of course.
Take a look at the lineup!

fashion-bomb-daily-nicki-minaj-summer-2014-lookbook.-13

fashion-bomb-daily-nicki-minaj-summer-2014-lookbook.-15
Sultry sets along with a sprinkling of solid colored separates form the bulk of Minaj’s latest foray.

fashion-bomb-daily-nicki-minaj-summer-2014-lookbook.-5fashion-bomb-daily-nicki-minaj-summer-2014-lookbook.-4

Eye catching prints and trendy graphic tops embody much of the line’s aesthetic, witnessed by abbreviated blouses and matching bottoms in signature skin clinging fabrics.

fashion-bomb-daily-nicki-minaj-summer-2014-lookbook.-18fashion-bomb-daily-nicki-minaj-summer-2014-lookbook.-8

fashion-bomb-daily-nicki-minaj-summer-2014-lookbook.-2

Of course, what’s a Nicki Minaj fashion set without some body con flexin’? Mini dresses boasting laser cut details, neon hues, and precision embellishment will surely capture the eyes and hearts of the younger set.
fashion-bomb-daily-nicki-minaj-summer-2014-lookbook.-16
fashion-bomb-daily-nicki-minaj-summer-2014-lookbook.-3

fashion-bomb-daily-nicki-minaj-summer-2014-lookbook.-19

fashion-bomb-daily-nicki-minaj-summer-2014-lookbook.-11

Cocktails with graffiti-like prints also bring a fun and playful artistry to the affordable mix.

fashion-bomb-daily-nicki-minaj-summer-2014-lookbook.-6

fashion-bomb-daily-nicki-minaj-summer-2014-lookbook.-7

Though this may not be my cup of tea, I’m sure some will rock ‘em well to the very end.

How about you? Are you feeling it?

23 Responses to “Fashion Flash: Nicki Minaj’s Summer 2014 Lookbook”

You should see my face right now. :-/
    Totally confused as to who the hell gave the greenlight for this. Affordable does not have to be quality-lacking and non-sensical.

2. Toofresh says:

I want to see every ones closet who has negative things to say in the comment section. ^ your closet better be laced. These clothes are obviously not for your demographic. But, nonetheless, cute for someone. They are not bad for KMART. I repeat, THESE ARE NOT BAD FOR KMART.

3. Christin says:

No the outfits are not bad for KMart. However, the ideas are so unoriginal. I’ve seen these offerings before. Nothing new here!

4. Opey says:

They are really nice and fits the Nicki Minaj image. So if you want to wear clothes like her, then they are perfect. I am worried that they may not fit every person..aka they are made for only one body type.

Second some of these styles have been done before. Nothing new in terms of creativity but I’m sure in affordability it’ll be perfect.

For me, I wouldn’t wear them, not because they are horrible, but because it isn’t my style.

Ha, Kmart lol. More like Rainbow, Danice, DOTS, or Pretty Girl clearance rack.

6. SAW says:

I love jean dresses (I own one too many) so I most definitely will be checking for that dress. And I think the collection is cute and I wouldn’t throw shade at anyone, heck I rock Bebe and this look like some Bebe stuff to me.

Everything I seen looks like it came out of a 2003 hip hop catalog

8. Hello says:

Not for me but her Barbz will buy it & I guess that’s all that really matters

9. Nicole says:

Where are those floral platforms? Lol

10. Maine Saint says:

Yea Yea go ahead and state what’s clear to see (IT LOOKS CHEAP WE KNOW) But those Floral Capris Are totally Wearable. A Crisp White Spagetti strap tank , those same Strapy single sole heels the Model has, And A nicely fitted pink blazer and a long chain clutch . (Shhyyyt yall know how to make it work) God Dammit She MAking Money Why Hate On The Grind? (Getcha own if u dnt like what is hear)

11. FLEE says:

exactly what I expected… tacky and dated, but I’m sure the teeny boppers would love it

12. Natasha says:

So the choices are short or shiny or both? Okay. Some of the dresses could look nice on the younger set. Go Ms. Minaj.

13. SpringSpring14' says:

It’s okay to say you do not like something without it being hate. It is their opinion but anyway I like a few of these outfits but to be honest this is not for my body type.

14. SHARONGEE says:

the floral bottoms are right on time. Most of this are for the Barbz anyway.

15. JEG says:

Baby Phat 2014 reloaded! Kimora you betta come get Nicki cus she tried it with your 1999 collection.

16. huh says:

How you gonna talk about bum bishes, then put your clothes in KMART! I kinda like them but i’d rather shop at Sears…smh

SIMPLE IF YOU DONT LIKE IT. DONT BUY IT. SOME ITEMS ARE PRETTY AND WORTH BUYING TO WEAR ONCE OR TWICE. WHAT HAPPENED TO APPLAUDING A YOUNG BLACK WOMEN FOR TRYING TO BE A BUSINESS WOMAN?? SURE SHES A RAPPER BUT IT WAS SMART FOR HER TO STEP OUT OF THE BOX.

18. Chloe says:

This is just plain HORRIBLE! There is nothing tasteful or classy about this entire collection! Nicki Minaj keeps acting like she’s doing young girls a favor by making “affordable clothing” but tasteful, affordable and classy clothes have been made and are STILL on the market! What is the point of an affordable outfit if you look TRASHY anyway?! She needs to STOP and focus on RAP!!
    These look like outfits found in Rainbows, Gallo, Lucaya, LVLX, in like 2003-2007. Nicki couldn’t even rock this collection without an expensive pair of shoes or accessories!

There are affordable and fashionable clothes! Beyonce’s H&M line last Spring was a great collection for instance. H&M, ASOS, ZARA, Primark, Bar III, Rachel Roy, Target are all affordable and classy designers/stores.

19. Jessy says:

Targeted towards the Forever 21, teen set. Nothing wrong with that, I doubt 30+ are big Nicki fans anyways.

20. kandis says:

I have many items from this collection, I love it.. it is good quality I am known for how I dress and I feel like if u have style it Doesn’t matter where u get your clothes from after all BeBe and all of that s**t comes from china its just dressed up with different labels and over priced and they put some of it in high end stores like Macys.. if this line was in Macys or some other department store some of these simple minded people will be all over it My opinion

21. c says:

I just see “Jenny from the Bronx” and hear loud gum smacking.