April 7th, 2014
Claire's Life, Fashion News, Real Style, Style Diary

Happy Monday!
There’s always something fun percolating in NYC, and this past weekend was no exception! I was honored to speak on In Her Shoes Blog’s Beauty & Brains Behind the Brand’s panel along with Renae Bluitt of In Her Shoes, Demetria Lucas of Bravo’s Blood, Sweat, and Heels and A Belle in Brooklyn, Latham Thomas of Mama Glow, and Anthony Dickey of Hairrules.
_1-Real-Style-In-Her-Shoes-Blogs-Beauties-Brains-Event
I felt blessed to share my journey and offer any little nuggets of wisdom I could to the crowd.
in-her-shoes-blog-beauties-brains-blog-galapagos-demetria-lucas
in-her-shoes-blog-anniversary-
anthony-dickey-hair-rules-fashion-bomb-daily-renae-bluitt-in-her-shoes
As with any NY event, the ladies came dressed to the nines. Here’s a short selection:
african-printed-peplum-skirt-suit-street-style-new-york-real-style

An African printed peplum jacket and matching skirt combo by Demestiks by Reuben Reuel was toned down by bronze Christian Louboutin pumps. Chic!briana-bigham-b-marie-style-fashion-bomb-daily-in-her-shoes-blog

My homegirl Briana sported a freshly braided hairstyle and a logo sweatshirt from her clothing line.demetria-lucas-a-belle-in-brooklyn-fashion-bomb-daily-in-her-shoes

Co-panelist Demetria Lucas struck her signature pose in a cute pussybow frock from ASOS.Fashion-bomb-daily-in-her-shoes-yellow-pants-street-style

This Fashion Bomb reader brought her black cropped top and yellow pants together with jazzy earrings.
fashion-bomb-daily-real-street-style-in-her-shoes-essence

A white top and denim vest were enlivened by plaid pants and a braided updo. fashion-bomb-daily-real-style-street-in-her-shoes-beauties-brains-anniversary

A black and white dress, boots, thigh high socks, and a leather sleeved jacket came together for a casually fashionable look.
fashion-bomb-daily-street-style-essence-in-her-shoes-blog

Bam! The hair! That jumpsuit! Hadiiya Barbell was the definition of a Bombshell in a one piece of her own design.
fashion-bomb-daily-street-style-in-her-shoes-anniversary-dumbo-

It was all about sheer details and metallic accents for this bespectacled beauty. In-her-shoes-Blog-fashion-bomb-daily-street-style-brains-beauties

A pretty belted coat was the perfect choice for a sunny Sunday afternoon.in-her-shoes-real-style-fashion-bomb-daily-claire-sulmers

How adorable is this quirky look? And I’m about to try the socks with sandals trend (stay tuned). Jade-olivia-real-street-style-fashion-bomb-daily-in-her-shoes

Fashion Bomb Reader Jade Olivia kept it cute in a pair of Zigi NY Timberland boots that she purchased after reading this posttia-williams-in-her-shoes-street-style-

And Tia Williams of Shake Your Beauty sported a curly ‘do, crop top, leather jacket, and printed pencil skirt.

As for me….
0 3 Red Valentino floral dress claire sulmers fashion bomb daily christian louboutin so kate zara faux leather pink jacket faux leather double breasted jacket in her shoes blog

I embraced Spring florals in a Red Valentino rose printed dress, Christian Louboutin pumps, and loads of sparkly jewels.
1 3 Red Valentino floral dress claire sulmers fashion bomb daily christian louboutin so kate zara faux leather pink jacket faux leather double breasted jacket in her shoes blog copy 0
I slipped on Zara’s double breasted faux leather jacket outside to battle the chill, and stored my powder and lipstick in my favorite Kate Spade Paris and the Single Girl book clutch.
2 Red Valentino floral dress claire sulmers fashion bomb daily christian louboutin so kate zara faux leather pink jacket faux leather double breasted jacket in her shoes blog

It was amazing meeting so many of you!!

claire sulmers fashion bomb daily Damn You Look Good Daily
With the ladies of Damn You Look Good Daily
marsbarscloset claire sulmers fashion bomb daily
With the writer of MarshBarsCloset.com (who did a great recap of the event! Read it here)
claire sulmers etc blog mag
Thanks for the gifts! With Yolanda of Etc Boutique
jade-olivia-e-claire-sulmers-in-her-shoes-fashion-bomb-daily
And with @JadeOliviaE

You guys motivate me to wake up and get to blogging every day! Good or bad, I’ve got nothing but love for you!

2 3 Red Valentino floral dress claire sulmers fashion bomb daily christian louboutin so kate zara faux leather pink jacket faux leather double breasted jacket in her shoes blog
More to come…!
Images by Karl Pierre

18 Responses to “Claire’s Life + Real Style: In Her Shoes Blog’s Beauties & Brains Behind the Brands II Panel”

1. andrea says:

Cute looks on everyone. I love that its springtime in NY

2. Faith says:

Pretty! Everyone looked fab

3. Faustina says:

ILOVE ALL THE OUTFITS DISPLAYED.. Love Fashion!!!!! and I would love to be able to represent Fashion Daily

Everyone looks amazing! Thanks for sharing Claire – this was inspiring. #Ilovespringfashion

5. Dobe says:

Very nice! I’m sure it was an awesome event.

6. Nony2000 says:

everyone looks great and Claire you look amazing!

7. Lila says:

Claire, as a fellow West Indian woman, I am so proud of you! Keep up the great work! :)

8. Shayla says:

This is the most beautiful & inspiring post I’ve seen in a minute! So many stunning BROWN ladies in one post! Y’all make me so proud! Thanks for this Claire! Bless you Honey!

9. Hater says:

Lovely, lovely ladies!
    Absolutely stunning outfits, looking classy and smart! Love it all and that NY weather looks bomb too!

10. socialb_jess says:

Clair ALL of you ladies were banggin and rocking it!!!

Just absolutely F A B U L O U S !!!!!

Miss Hadiiya Barbel..giiiirl, just all kinds of bombshell ;)

and Claire has anyone ever told you that you have AMAZING legs (and I’m sure you get it all the time) you seriously lady are ALWAYS on point… I JUST LOVE IT!!!

-Ok I’m out :)
    Jess (Instagram socialb_jess)

11. Fedaling Agwu says:

Oh wow! this is such a pleasant surprise. All the ladies look so amazing. Thank you for featuring me among all these stylists divas.

And Claire I know if you did the socks in sandals look you would do it THE best and kill it the way you killed it at the event! Thanks again!

12. Wow we are so honored!!! It was a pleasure meeting you Claire, you are very sweet!!. We had a great time at the event and we loved your story about stepping out on faith and going to Paris to pursue your dreams.

13. AnonyFash says:

Love the outfits and the panel seemed cool! I’m sorry but Demetria Lucas has a personality that leaves much to be desired. She came over very arrogant on her show like she feels she is above everyone. Not here for how she showed herself or her arrogance but she is a beautiful woman, on the outside.

14. KBS says:

Was natural hair a requirement?
    I’m not a fan of the fashions, but the event was great.

15. Claire you are such a pretty woman.

16. aron says:

U look so sexy in that dress n heels! X ;)

17. Stephane says:

Everyone looks great!

That sage jumpsuit though, I think I need it, like now..*proceeds to reverse google image*

18. Claire says:

@Stephane You can get it from the designer, it’s by Hadiiya Barbel (think I might’ve mentioned it in the caption, if not, will update. xxo