April 1st, 2014
Fashion Bombshell of the Day
Fashion Bombshell of the Day: Simi from Philadelphia

I’m wrapping up my whirlwind trip to LA and heading back to the East Coast, so am serving up our Bombshell a bit early. Behold, Simi from Philly:
simi from philly house of ara
She says, “ I’m a college student and I recently started a fashion blog houseofara.com.”

simi from philly 6
” I was hoping to get featured on your page…”

3 Simi from Philadelphia
“…because I believe I have a different perspective to fashion and styling.”
0 0 Simi from Philadelphia
See more here:
Simi from Philadelphia
simi from philadelphia
simi from philly 4
simi from philly 7

Cute looks, great pictures! Loving that green skirt.
See more of Simi’s style on her blog, HouseofAra.com, and on Instagram @Simioa
What do you think?

Fashion Bombshell of the Day is a feature showcasing the singular style of Fashion Bomb Readers. Send your name, location, a description of your style, and 6-8 clear, unfiltered, head-to-toe pictures of 6-8 different outfits (no collages) to thefashionbomb@gmail.com. Images submitted will be featured on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or any of our social media platforms. Comments can be harsh, so bring your A game! Please be advised: once published, pictures will not be removed or taken down.

Posted In
43 comments

43 Responses to “Fashion Bombshell of the Day: Simi from Philadelphia”

1. MelyB says:

I’m not feeling her style but she is cute as a button.

2. reeseecup says:

Love the old school looks, and that green skirt!! Glad to see my city’s fashion represented in a original way. Cute fits!

3. mi manning says:

it’s different…just don’t like the look with the scarf on her head. I like the outfit, but the scarf wasn’t necessary…bombshell nonetheless.

4. Blue Ivy Carter says:

I love that Green Skirt, its so refreshing. I think her style is avant garde. She reminds me Phaedra…..Yes honey. “Peter is like a black angel”

5. Adara says:

I would have liked to see more versitility. The green skirt is nice but I feel like that’s all that stands out and it’s featured 3 times in this post.

6. Kristine says:

The Green Skirt is so cute and very stylish indeed.

7. Truth says:

This is not effortless, she comes across as trying too hard. Plus why is her head so big and her hairstyle is not helping to the cause. Damn!!!

8. Xoxo says:

I loved it especially the 2nd last and last one were my favs!
    Plus gorgeous hair, gorgeous skin and a killer smile…

9. tahlyuh says:

Very one note, but adorable!

10. Jennelaine says:

Extremely cute! Its like a classic twist on modern femininity. Simi, you have a great aesthetic on the inside and out!

11. Southern says:

Cute and feminine. Not a fan of some of her shoes

12. Choco aka Hippie says:

Not bad nice and different!

13. Ms M says:

Beautiful girl, classy style.

Bombshell!

14. Missy D says:

She is so adorable but I feel like she just submitted 3 of the same pictures. Nothing stood out. Would of loved to see more variety, different types of looks.

15. tisha says:

Def a bombshell!

Love all of the outfits but i don’t like that she submitted the green skirt so many times.

I hate her hair though. Its atrocious. Its big and square off of her head and I’m pretty sure thats not her headshape.

16. c says:

My only advice is to watch your proportions. When you are petite you need to make sure your cloths and accessories are not overwhelming your body (the white fur and black bag), otherwise you are young you end up looking like you are playing dress up in your mom’s closet. Also a more youthful / edgy hairstyle would have added another layer to your looks. No shade, just my opinion. I like your lady like POV.

17. Stacey says:

I actually like the “Adult Suffrage” look in the second last photo

18. I so want to like this because Philadelphia is where I live and she looks better that many here. but three green skirts?? I think the middle one is different than the first and third, but still THREE of the same skirt? She has tons of potential, and yes, she is adorable.

19. CanV says:

Oh my gosh, I Love this!!! Very femme and stylish! Yes she used the green skirt a lot, but it showed she was capable of still being stylish while remixing. Bombshell!

20. Sony Loren says:

I like her style and although she used the green skirt again and again, she mixed it up. For a college student, that is so key. She is definitely a cutie.

21. mak says:

Adorable. She’s a college student with cute style. For that I say, Bombshell

22. Kandi says:

I do enjoy her aesthetic. I love the femininity without in your face sexuality. Her look is unique. I do not feel like she is trying to be like anyone else. It’s her own “thing”, can’t always say that. A lil quirky with the hat, scarf and furry coat, but still cute. Fashion shouldn’t always be so serious.

23. Martine says:

I like the skirt, and I like that she leaves something to the imagination. i wouldn’t be embarrassed to be seen with her if she was a friend, which is more then i cans ay for a lot of people on here.

24. Omotoso says:

There are fashionistas and Savvies… Simi is a savvy-fashionista. Sure, you’ll go places with your magical styles.

25. Peaches says:

Her style is alright for her, too much green skirt going on, but she will evolve, I like her fashions minus the shoes,

Look like costumes from a Broadway play, eh.

27. Esta Fiesta says:

I like her looks – very clean! I love that green skirt, I can see why she repurposes it.

28. Harare Mbama says:

Simi ‘over borrowed’ from Soraya of Style Is My Thing.

Imitation really is the sincerest form of flattery!

*this mbama chuckles*

29. Tami says:

Wow she is gorge and very stylish! Love it all!

30. nyc chick says:

She looks cute but more versatility would be nice. She’s DEFINITELY inspired by the “Style is my thing” blogger

31. Dom says:

Cute style. I loved everything with the exception of that summer straw hat with the winter coat and tights. Not sure if she knew it’s a summer hat?

32. wapagirl says:

Finally someone that shows some Philly girls can dress! And she’s one of my own, a naija lady of course:).

33. Grace says:

Her hair is really unflattering and alters her proportions. Some of her items look of poor quality e.g. shoes, outerwear…

34. Heyyall says:

As soon as I saw this.. Is she stole “Soraya of Style Is My Thing whole look. Not a bombsell at all I mean you took homegirl style..

35. ashley says:

i like that she submitted the green skirt 3 times..it shows that she knows how to re-work her closet and is creative! very classy and cute!

36. Love says:

She looks stunning. She is college so not sure why people are attacking her clothes quality. As far as “stealing” style from some blog, that blog is just an homage to vintage styles! Unless that blogger is stitching all her garments from designs she drew herself she is shopping like everyone else and wearing styles that have been done before. Simi is gorgeous!

37. justme says:

Other than the hair in a few pics, She looks like old money. Definitely Bombshell.

38. G. Banks says:

Very refreshing, seeing as how many try to stay up to par with trends and she put her little twist on old classics. Bravo!

39. Intentions101 says:

No Shade.. Actually ALL SHADE AND ALL TEA!!! Please, Please, Please Fashionbombdaily.com; STOP wasting my time, and my time is very precious. SO Going forth.. IF you have someone wearing the same skirt, shirt, pant, whatever.. in three or more pictures!!! THEY ARE NOT “Bombshell of the Day”. I mean A homeless person wears the same outfit everyday.. Are you going to have them as the next “Bombshell of the Day” Um NO!! So stop it.. Wearing the same outfit in three pictures, Is not fashionable nor is it inspiring the masses. Its 2014 Stop Playing Games!!!

40. KayGee Rox says:

Just for being Nigerian, you have my vote lol

41. Bukky says:

@Intentions101, OMG! Take it easy. Don’t give yourself brain aneurysm because of a fashionbomb feature.Life definitely goes on after this!

42. Bree says:

YES!!!! This is finally my style here. I love aline skirts I have that same skirt in purple. Bombshell enough said