March 28th, 2014
Beauty, Fashion, Featured, How Do You Wear It
How Do You Wear It? M.A.C.’s Candy Yum Yum Lipstick
By Giselle Williams-Thomas

Our highlighted Bomb Product of the Day  was the widely popular M.A.C. ‘s Candy Yum Yum Lipstick. We called for submissions to see how you puckered up in the pretty pink hue and answer you did.
600a-How Do You Wear It? Spring 2014′S Crop Top Trend-600
Here’s how you rocked it!

cortnie-cortnieelizabeth-how-do-you-wear-it-candy-yum-yum

Cortnie aka @cortnieelizabeth , paired her lipstick with a mustard light knit which complimented her overall look.

Iana-how-do-you-wear-it-candy-yum-yum

Ms. Moolchan @ianam4 set off her lipstick with a Flawless sweatshirt. #SheWokeUpLikeThis

Melissa-how-do-you-wear-it-candy-yum-yum

Melissa opted for a black shirt topped with a fur accent. Her honey blonde hair, skin tone and lip color, make for a look of perfection.

maya-how-do-you-wear-it-candy-yum-yum

Maya added a sultry stare,complete with winged eyeliner to the mix.

Nairah-how-do-you-wear-it-candy-yum-yum

Nairah’s world of blonde pin curls masterfully mixed in with her lipstick and complexion. Cute!

Arlene-how-do-you-wear-it-candy-yum-yum

This lovely lady indulged in a bright smile for size. (Cue Pharrell’s Happy)

whitney-how-do-you-wear-it-candy-yum-yum

Whitney opted for a black shirt with peek-a-boo accents, gold accessories and barely there makeup. Also, #HairEnvy is in full effect!

karina-how-do-you-wear-it-candy-yum-yum

Karina and friend dressed in ensembles of black and white allowing the “Yum Yum” to do all the talking!

tkfayne-how-do-you-wear-it-candy-yum-yum

Fayne gave us mirrored image realness with the denim top and dark sunnies.

naija-how-do-you-wear-it-candy-yum-yum

@onlynaija was the definition of adorable with her cascading curls and popping lips.

Nike-tyi-how-do-you-wear-it-candy-yum-yum

@niketyi puckered up for a quick and cute car selfie (we all do it!).

asheftall21-how-do-you-wear-it-candy-yum-yum

She didn’t leave a name or instagram handle, but I appreciated this Bombshell’s sultry look paired with the gold accents. The lipstick simply pops!

Miabelle-mia_belle-how-do-you-wear-it-candy-yum-yum

@mia_belle ‘s gold hoops added just a dash of spice to her simple, clean and cute visage.

Want to see more Candy Yum Yum pouts? Here a few other submissions for your liking.

So, what do you think? Whose look are you feeling?

16 Responses to “How Do You Wear It? M.A.C.’s Candy Yum Yum Lipstick”

1. peplum lover says:

So refresshing – such a beautiful colour ;) i was a bit sceptical ! But it pops on dark skin :)

2. KITANA says:

WHITNEY, WHITNEY, WHITNEY. That fro, your complexion, and then that lippy! Girl this a lot for me to take in on this good ole Friday. All you girls look AMAZING. It really does pop on us brown girls-Im so obsessed with us. I have to try this shade…

3. AH says:

I don’t think this shade of lipstick is flattering on anyone. It looks cartoonish and reminds me of clown makeup. These girls are going to look back on their photos like “what the he’ll was I thinking?” But hey, that’s just my opinion.

4. JT says:

I think that this look is a perfect spring color. My favorite lipstick outfit combination is the powder blue lack skirt with the yellow sweater which Cortnie rocked. I think that she does a good job of matching the bright pink lips onto her chocolate complexion. Some of these women forgot to prime their upper lips so the pink looks dark on the upper lip and light on the bottom lip. Next time, I suggest that they watch a youtube tutorial on how to match their upper lip color to their bottom lip so that the affect of the lipstick is more dramatic!

5. jessica says:

I think it looks good on all skin tones. You just have to know which color lip liner to rock with it. Makes all the difference…trust me.

6. Ashley Moniq says:

All of you ladies rocked it!!! OK?!! Nuff said! Love this post!

7. Bee. says:

***Flawless!!

8. Esta Fiesta says:

Courtney, Whitney, @niketyi and @onlynaija look GREAT!! nOW I want to try this!!

It surely does pop on darker skin. I’m renaming it the Black Girls’ Pink. So pretty!

It was awesome to see all these variations of skin tones wearing this popular Mac lippie and it actually complimenting every pout- I’m impressed #UpTopMac

11. Hello says:

I thought this color would look odd on my skin tone, but it really looks good on all shades of brown. This was a really good idea Claire

12. Marsha says:

Great feature! I’m enjoying all of the additional opportunities for readers to submit photos.

13. Brandi says:

This shade IS NOT for everyone. Darker skinned ladies, please use a deep lip pencil & some blush if you insist upon wearing this shade. Please know that you may need to do more than just swipe it on to make it work for you.

14. fav says:

My yum yum candy was stolen from me in Aruba last summer (that and girl about town and some other lipsticks I can’t remember)smh! This just reminded me that I have to buy it again for this summer.

15. MAC says:

I’m really impressed that it looks good on a variety of complexions. I just bought Revlon’s Colorburst Matte Balm in Showy Flamboyante and it’s a very pretty bright pink as well. Give it a try peeps.

16. jellobeans says:

I get lots of attention when I wear it… hehehe.. Here’s my review on it: MAC Candy Yum Yum