March 21st, 2014
Fashion News, Kanye West, Kim Kardashian, Snapshot, Vogue
Snapshot: Kanye West and Kim Kardashian by Annie Leibovitz for Vogue April 2014
By Faith

kanye-west-kim-kardashian-vogue-april-2014

kim-kardashian-kanye-west-vogue-magazine-april-2014

*Check out video of the photoshoot here.

Kanye West and Kim Kardashian by Annie Leibovitz for Vogue April 2014.
About the Cover, Anna Wintour wrote:

“Part of the pleasure of editing Vogue, one that lies in a long tradition of this magazine, is being able to feature those who define the culture at any given moment, who stir things up, whose presence in the world shapes the way it looks and influences the way we see it. I think we can all agree on the fact that that role is currently being played by Kim and Kanye to a T. (Or perhaps that should be to a K?).

“As for the cover, my opinion is that it is both charming and touching, and it was, I should add, entirely our idea to do it; you may have read that Kanye begged me to put his fiancée on Vogue‘s cover. He did nothing of the sort. The gossip might make better reading, but the simple fact of the matter is that it isn’t true.”

What do you think?
Source: Vogue/JustJared.com

89 Responses to “Snapshot: Kanye West and Kim Kardashian by Annie Leibovitz for Vogue April 2014”

I’ll say this…that baby is adorable! Kim and Kanye look very in love, so I wish them the best. Great looking shoot.

2. ano says:

seriously, vogue?

3. Queen says:

Lol he had to BEG and pleased for that cover. I hope he’s happy. I wouldn’t be, knowing they didn’t REALLY want to put me there. But hey, congratulations.

4. Queen says:

plead*

5. Moneboo says:

Vogue though?….neither one of them belong on the cover. An article, ok, but cover….no. Anna was not trying to let Kim have that cover to herself. I’m sorry…no matter how attractive she may be, who she’s marrying or what she’s doing on the weekends…Kim Kardashian is not one to grace the cover of Vogue. I’m sorry. Her popularity stems from a sex tape and her dating career of the rich and famous. She can have all the money in the world from her family’s name, but to me, sorry. Not someone I’ll look at and say you go girl. God bless them and their family. But no.

6. Boo says:

#worldsmosttalkedaboutcoupleforthewrongreasons

That’s a strange cover for Vouge. I’m not an avid Vouge reader, have they regularly done “couple” covers in the past?

I dunno, I thought Kim’s first cover would be more editorial, more edgy and on her own.

8. JEG says:

Lol. I can’t! Why is this cover worthy?? Their relationship should not be a Vogue cover maybe an article but not a cover. IAnyways North is cute!!!

9. Pam says:

Northis a cutie pie.

10. Claire says:

I cannot deal.

11. JEG says:

Sorry I had to come back lol. I really looked at the pic and why is Kanye holding his own hand??? Lmao I wish the body chemistry between these two were more believe able. Ok now I’m out forreal this time lol

12. Fashionistodee says:

In the words of Kanye “IF THEY HATE LET EM’ HATE AND WATCH THE MONEY PILE UP”

13. She wasnt ready says:

i guess *drops mic and walks away* glad i stopped my subscription.

14. Kitty B. says:

Kanye was the best thing that happened to Kim and her “career”…Kanye not so much…

But they look happy, very happy :)

I did lose a bit of respect for Anna though…

15. Martinique_Fr says:

Well good for them! They look nice.

Like it or not “People” are widly interested in these two in whatever way (U.S. and Abroad), which will translate into publicity and sales for Vogue.
    Congrats to ALL!

16. Ashley says:

I just busted out laughing at that video at my desk! LMAO. I don’t know why that was so funny to me. I guess b/c this kind of feels like a joke…? I have a love/hate relationship with Kim and ‘Ye for sure. Love his music (from the past), used to adore her style…now they just irritate me. I still can’t believe Anna finally gave in and gave them the cover. Also, I agree with what others said, their relationship story seems more much suited for a featured article, not a cover. I haven’t googled it yet but I’m pretty sure Vogue hasn’t done a couples cover before…a little odd to say the least. Anyhoo, going back to work now.

17. none says:

APRIL fools !

18. IMO says:

Agreed with @Martinique_Fr ^ ^ ^. It all comes down to sales which = $$. Anna (or the Vogue team) are going to follow $$ at the end of the day.

I’m interested see how much this issue of Vogue sells though. I’m sure it will do well, but wonder if it’ll be groundbreaking or break any records for high sales. We’ll see their true marketability. As for me, I won’t be buying. But they look great nonetheless.

19. Yonaton says:

Yes!!! I love it!! I knew it was coming!!

20. Tee says:

The cover and video looks nice…baby North is adorbs! But neither one of them should be on a Vogue cover! Vogue is a fashion bible and is held to a high credibilty I would expect this from People Magazine but Vogue. I’ll pass not to mention that Kanye beggedddd for the cover it should have been earned.

21. LawyerLady says:

I love this. Mostly because it pisses people off. Hilarious.

22. Bada**dimples says:

A black girl could NEVER be on the cover of Vogue solely bc she had a wack ass sex tape, became a rappers baby momma & was pretty. Must be nice ..lol

23. binks says:

@IMO if that is the case then this needs to be their highest selling issue because people are going in and already saying they canceled their subscription or won’t be buying. Personally I am nor here or there for “Kimye” but I just don’t find them interesting especially when it comes to fashion. Funny vogue is considered prestigious and high brow I wonder if that is going to change?

24. melissa says:

sigh.

25. Tiffany says:

Love the cover and North is just too cute for words!!

26. Candace says:

Go Kim and Kanye and Nori! That’s the cutest thing. I love them as a couple. Love the cover and the video :D

27. Bree says:

Well Vogue lost respect. This couple might be ok if they didn’t always pitch for publicity.

You jealous people need to stop hating and give credit where it’s due. So what if he begged for the cover??? Bet u same arrogant people who sit behind computers making these arrogant comments wish u had the opportunity to be on the cover. Smh people can be so hateful. Looking good kim and Kanye!!!!!

29. IMO says:

@Bink, I agree wih you – “this needs to be their highest selling issue” bcause I believe they took quite a risk, considering their reputation and clientele, putting “Kimye” on the cover. I am neither here nor there either when it comes to them…but I do recognize the fact that they usually Always get some sort of reaction. (And usually, in this industry, that’s a good thing). We’ll see how it does when it comes to fashion magazine sales (namely Vogue).

People are harping on the fact that Kanye “begged” for the cover. But my reaction is the opposite actually. I kind of respect knowing what you want, knowing your worth, fighting for it, and achieving it. Nothing wrong with that. They must’ve eventually ‘agreed’ with him, to put him and Kim on the cover. Otherwise, they would have stuck to their guns and not allowed it. I’m no Kanye fan (by ANY means, but I respect the fact that he believes in hisself, his marketability, and even his own fashion sense (lol), enough to not accept less than the best.

31. Mrs.L says:

Nooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

32. jeda says:

et tu Anna?

33. SimplyMe says:

Dead at “April Fools”!!!!!

34. Brandon says:

Gooooooooooooo Kim and Kanye! Make everyone mad, let them sit on their computers and complain about a cover for a magazine that they don’t even have a prescription to LMAO. They hate your fashion Kim yet click on every post to give their “opinion.” I for one will be purchasing!

35. Jessy says:

Hahahahaha! Kanye your hard work/campaigning paid off–what a surprise!

Nori’s looking adorable.

36. KS says:

People are so ridiculous. You really think the editors at vogue are saints, pillars of morality who did Kim a favor? Selling magazines is a BUSINESS, point, blank Period. And Kim Kardashian sells magazines. This is not a risky move on their part, it is brilliant. Kim has such a diverse fan base, that many women and girls may buy Vogue for the first time because Kim is on the cover.

37. Brandon says:

I meant subscription LMAO!

lET’S JUST DONT BUY THE MAGAZINE!!!! I WONT…. TILL NEXT ISSUE

39. True says:

@KS, I don’t know if I’d call it ‘brilliant’ but yes, it was business-smart, considering Kim’s marketability. Last I checked though, Vogue was/is doing quite well for itself. The brand has a good reputation and following. That said, I do think there’s a bit of risk, in putting ‘pop culture’ so-to-speak, on their cover. (In line with another commenter, I’d think that that’d be more expected of People Magazine). But then…what’s a good brand without risks to expand? So kudos to Vogue.

40. True says:

((I retract my statement)) – just did some research on Vogue covers, and one of the highest selling was the “Beyonce” cover. Not that Kim is anywhere Near Bey in talent, but both do represent ‘pop culture’ in my opinion. So, putting Kim on the cover was probably brilliant and will more than likely sell Very well I’m sure.

41. Savannah says:

@Claire: I’m interested in your comment lol. Did you mean that you cannot deal with theses comments or the fact that Kim and Kanye Kardashian are on the cover of Vogue?

Hoes be winning

43. Jessy says:

I absolutely understand why people are apprehensive, and I also understand why Vogue made the choice in cover selection. Vogue purists know that the cover is typically reserved for well-respected actresses, singers and supermodels –having a reality television star/socialite and a rapper on the cover ups the shock factor and is highly controversial. I don’t think it will affect Vogue’s sales negatively though.

44. bk says:

Anna knows what will sell covers and this will indeed do that. From a business perspective this makes a lot of sense. Whether or not I think they deserve the cover – still on the fence

45. reeseecup says:

I think its hilarious that now everyone want to act like they know who Anna Wintour is and how she feels about anyone let alone Kim or Kanye. If there was an interview where she publicly shared her feelings, or lack thereof, about Kim Kardashian can someone please shoot me a link. Thanks. Anyway, they look gorgeous on this cover and the BTS video was adorable. They really look so in love and NORI is too cute for words! Cant wait to see the spread, Im sure those dresses are gonna be EVERYTHING!!

46. reeseecup says:

But i died at that April Fools comment. Good one!

47. Jamie says:

I’m happy Kanye’s desperation wasn’t in vain.

48. B says:

Kim must be a rapist or a murderer… Why so much anger?

At the end of the day, it’s simply a damn magazine. Which I’m sure half of the people upset about it aren’t even subscribed to Vogue.

Nice cover, cute baby, good for them. I don’t knock others for their success.