March 18th, 2014
Fashion News
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

lwren-scott-vogue-18mar14-philip-sinden_b

• The fashion industry is still shocked by the news of L’Wren Scott‘s untimely death, and several notables have come out to pay tribute to the late designer, who was found yesterday hanging from a scarf in her Manhattan apartment in an apparent suicide. Vogue‘s Anna Wintour writes: “I am deeply saddened by the loss of L’Wren Scott. L’Wren was a total perfectionist, someone who absolutely embodied everything her marvelous clothes stood for: strength of character combined with a confident and powerful style. In person, L’Wren was always unbelievably generous, gracious, kind, and so much fun. Her old world American manners and charm were from another time, but her sensibility was always fiercely modern.” Naomi Campbell paid tribute with a few words of her own, remembering L’Wren, who she’s known since she was 17. “ She was the epitome of elegance and femininity yet still had a girlish quality. I will miss her honesty and I will miss her friendship. My heart goes out to Mick and all who loved her and were loved by her. May she rest in peace.” Actress Olivia Wilde called her “brilliant, elegant, kind, and generous.” The designer will be sorely missed, and is mourned by friends, family, and fans of her work. (Grazia)

sophie theallet lane bryant

Lane Bryant is joining forces with Sophie Theallet on a lingerie range for their Cacique label, in a partnership that will last through Spring 2015. In sizes 14-28, you can choose panties, bras, garter skirts, sleepwear, and more from $19.95 to $109. The first collection is coming out for Fall 2013.  (WWD)

harpers bazaar stuart weitzman

Harper’s Bazaar and Stuart Weitzman  are teaming up for a four-piece range of shoes for Spring 2014. The collection is the first collaboration for Bazaar, since they opened up their e-commerce option. You’ll find a strappy flat sandal, a single-soled pump, strappy high-heeled sandal, and a flat, slip-on version. Prices start at $298, peasking at $398, and are debuting on ShopBazaar today. (WWD)
bangladesh-building-collapse
• Fast fashion bastion Primark will pay $9 million to 580 victims of the Rana Plaza building disaster in Bangladesh. The sum will go to workers of New Wave Bottoms, a supplier located in a building that collapsed and killed 1,130 last spring. A Primark spokesperson told WWD, “With the first anniversary of Rana Plaza fast approaching, we are determined to meet this responsibility to workers in our supply chain. We are therefore pleased to be in a position to now press ahead with payments. We have [already] paid short-term financial assistance equivalent to nine months wages to all 3,600 Rana Plaza workers, most of whom were making clothes for our competitors.” (Vogue UK/WWD)

8 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: The Fashion Industry Mourns L’Wren Scott, Sophie Theallet Designs for Lane Bryant, and Stuart Weitzman Teams Up with Harper’s Bazaar on Shoe Range”

1. Blue Ivy Carter says:

Im sorry but i have my OWN opinion on people who commit suicide. obvious suicide is clearly wrong, though forgivable. If suicide due to depression this is never a good reason for suicide. Suicide is not a natural goal of your body. The body is designed to protect itself, regrow bone, renew and use components such as adreline to think quickly and react to make appropriate decisions. If you brain is telling you otherwise, you need the professional services of a doctor along with corrective medication

2. Blue Ivy Carter says:

suicide is like saying to God, I will control my destiny and take my own life. I do not trust you with my life. I will not give you my life. I am not willing to endure heartache in order for you to refine me, make me a better person, or to take me to a place, time and purpose you have prepared in advance for me.

3. Mary says:

Not everyone believes in God! So, that argument is invalid. The lesson here is, there are people in this world hurting who may mask the symptoms only because everyone else is too involved in the lives of those they do not know.

My heart is extended to l’wren because I have talked myself off the edge many nights.

4. Depression does kill says:

Blue Ivy Carter you are really IGNORANT and as a depressed person,im sick of running into dumbasses like you spewing nonesense about things far above their mental capacities obviously. If you were really God’s child, you would not be judging a suffering being. Deadly diseases are not a matter of opinions. Depression is the second cause of death of young people around 20. It is a real BIOLOGICAL DISEASE that put the sufferer through HELL so what about you take your fake-pastor-wannabe nicompoop self somewhere else to read a book and stop spewing TRASH!

5. Depression does kill says:

Blue Ivy Carter you are really IGNORANT and as a depressed person,im sick of running into dumba**es like you spewing nonesense about things far above their mental capacities obviously. If you were really God’s child, you would not be judging a suffering being. Deadly diseases are not a matter of ‘opinions’. Depression is the second cause of death of young people around 20. It is a real BIOLOGICAL DISEASE that put the sufferer through HELL so what about you take your fake-pastor-wannabe nicompoop self somewhere else to read a book and stop spewing TRASH!

IF YOU KNOW YOU ARE DEPRESSED WHAT ARE YOU DOING ABOUT IT?
    AND DONT RUN IN ON BLUE IVY CARTER BECAUSE SHE IS JUST SIMPLY STATING HER OPINION JUST LIKE YOU DID.. REGARDLESS OF WHAT YOU DONT BELIEVE, SOMEONE OUT THERE DOES BELIEVE IN GOD AND THERE COULD HAVE POSSIBLY BEEN A CHANCE HER WORDS JUST HELPED SOMEONE.

Mary and Depression she has a right to her opinion whether you agree or disagree and it doesn’t make it invalid, I could say the same about your opinion. Whether you believe in God or not he still exist and he is still our creator who you WILL have to answer to at the end of your days. It’s sad that she thought her life wasn’t worth living, it just shows you, that you can have all the worldly possessions but if you don’t have God you have NOTHING.

8. Depression does kill says:

“Mary and Depression she has a right to her opinion” this is where you are wrong and where i stopped reading your garbage. Deadly disease are a matter of facts and cure. She is no damn expert or doctor so she should shut the hell up!! And this is not my ‘opinion’, but my experience and my life, my body, the FACTS of my life, my disease, a disease that will be the 2nd cause of disability worldwide according to the WHO by 2025 and is now the 4th.
    “IF YOU KNOW YOU ARE DEPRESSED WHAT ARE YOU DOING ABOUT IT?” And you have the audacity to type in all caps??? Do I owe you an explanation?? the damn nerve of mofos on this site thinking that what they think about deadly chronic diseases is worth shxt. Take your bible-bashing ignoramus self right next to dumba55 blueivycarter and shut up already. It is because people like you two that mentally ill people feel stgmatised, marginalised, helplesws AND GET WORSE!! dont ever fool yourself thinking that you are nothing but evil pushing the children of God toward death with your ignorance and putrid close-mindness!