March 17th, 2014
Fashion Bombshell of the Day
Fashion Bombshell of the Day: Yolande from North Carolina

We’re kicking off this fine Monday with Yolande, a blogger from Raleigh, North Carolina:
yolande north carolian
She says, “I would describe my style as classic with a twist.
Yolande from North Carolina
” I like classic pieces but with a bold print, color, texture, or shape.”

3 Yolande from North Carolina
” I see fashion as a challenge to out-do my outfit from the previous day.”

2 Yolande from North Carolina
” I love to have fun with fashion.”

Yolande from North Carolina
” I’m inspired by bloggers.”

898 Yolande from North Carolina
” I love how we have taken over fashion.”

00 Yolande from North Carolina
” In the past, fashion inspiration would come from Hollywood, but now it comes from street fashion and the everyday person.”

0 Yolande from North Carolina
Great pictures! I absolutely love your Lincoln Center pink on pink look. Chic!
See more of Yolande’s looks on her blog, TheLanguageofYolande.blogspot.com, and on Instagram @thelanguageofyolande.
What do you think?

Fashion Bombshell of the Day is a feature showcasing the singular style of Fashion Bomb Readers. Send your name, location, a description of your style, and 6-8 clear, unfiltered, head-to-toe pictures of 6-8 different outfits to thefashionbomb@gmail.com. Images submitted will be featured on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or any of our social media platforms. Comments can be harsh, so bring your A game! Please be advised: once published, pictures will not be removed or taken down.

Posted In
31 comments

31 Responses to “Fashion Bombshell of the Day: Yolande from North Carolina”

1. Blue Ivy Carter says:

Ahhhh okay only thing i like is her red shoes.. OAN: Doesnt she look like Tyler the Creator? his Sister or something?

2. I vote bombshell, I really like this! I esp love outfit 2, 4 and the last one!! Keep up the good work Yolande

3. Vanessa says:

Can we please start putting our arms in our coats again? I don’t even understand it. Are you hot? Once Kim started it everyone and their mama followed.

Love it all

5. Southern says:

Nice mix of zara and river island.
    I’ve asked before and I’ll ask again, why don’t bloggers actually wear their jackets??
    Anyway, close to bombshell

6. Jessy says:

Wow, had no idea Kim started the trend of draping coats around the shoulders…

Anyway, in more important news, this Bombshell has some really nice pieces. I like her mixing of prints and textures.

7. KS says:

Lol @Vanessa “can we please start putting arms in coats”

Anyways, I voted Bombshell. Her outfits are eyecatching,cohesive but not over the top or costume-y.

8. Londen Sloan says:

I love Yolande’s style! It’s very original! <3

9. FLEE says:

LMAO @ Vanessa

I’m not feeling it.. but I like that yellow peacoat.

10. Enigma says:

I voted bombshell. I liked what I saw

I think it’s called a “trend” – no hands in your coat sleeve. And as with most trends it will be over done until the next one. Maybe one sleeve on?

11. FabEllis says:

Go Yolande! So glad to see you up here. Love your style as always!

12. Esta Fiesta says:

I really like all her pointed shoes and that last pink on pink look was cute!!!

13. Bree says:

Lmao Kim started no trends, she’s not even trendy. Whole point to to set a fashion mark. I vote bombshell because she had good pieces that really made her style. She wasn’t trying to be extra sexy she wears whats comfy and makes it her own.

No Kim K was not the one to start the trend of draping coat over shoulder lol!! Purleeeeese!!! I was dressing mannequins in shops like that in 2012!!! Furthermore it’s a cyclical thing, it will die down but rise again in years to come….Kim K indeed… Kmt.

Love Yolande’s style, good balance of texture, colour mix and print… Off to check her blog … Nice one.

16. Fabi says:

I can’t believe people are giving Kim K. credit to the over the shoulders coat look. That woman doesn’t even know her dress size!!!

17. Kam Kam says:

I like the pic with the yellow coat and I like the last pic. To me the last pic is the cutest outfit. Not a bombshell but she dresses well.

18. Natasha says:

Pretty sure dudes in the 1940s were walking around with their arms out of their trench coats. Were they got it from, I don’t care to research right now.

As for Yolande, I had to jump off my smartphone to my desktop to see what was going on. A simple, approachable bombshell. Yeah!

19. Great selection. All of her clothes felt “blog worthy” as opposed to just a random well put together outfit for work. She’s inspiring.

20. A says:

Love the outfit with the custard-y coat. Very chic. Go Yolande!

21. coco says:

Yolande I really enjoyed your submission. It is classic,polished, and yet not too stuffy. It looks like a wardrobe of a young woman who loves fashion but is also maturing and finding her style. Definite bombshell!

22. Leelee says:

@Vanessa Girl bye..Kim did not Start that..perhaps just the first person You’ve seen do it…
    Nice looks,Yolande!

Eh I don’t care for it. Looks to contrived and trendy.

24. Ni says:

Must have mustard colored coat

25. Toni says:

sooo nobody is going to mention that wig on the picture with the red shoes. OK

26. RHONYC says:

i’m a fan! :-D

27. love the mix of colors and prints!

@Toni

I believe the word is “blowout.”

29. Nice&Nasty says:

I’m here for you, Yolande

You are def a bombshell in my book!

Great job

30. Peaches says:

Has a lot of razzle dazzle with her styles. The mustard and orange coats-a must have. Overall her style is fine not too many accessories. Mixtures of colors and enough variations. Werkin!!!