March 17th, 2014
Fashion News

L+Wren+Scott+2011+Vanity+Fair+Oscar+Party+4dlMXV4kq8lx
•Designer L’Wren Scott was found dead today, in an apparent suicide. The 49-year-old was discovered hanging from a scarf by her assistant this morning in her New York City apartment. Scott’s designs were a tinseltown favorite, having found fans in Mariah Carey, Jennifer Lopez, and many more. Her singular creations and talent will be sorely missed, and our deepest condolences go to her family and friends. (Vogue UK)
Emily B bebe shoes
•Emily B certainly has a talent for shoe design, and has now lent her skills to Bebe, where she will be creative directing their footwear offerings for Fall 2014. If her creations for Bebe are anything like her Lyndy’s, there will be more than enough cute styles to go around. (@EmilyB_)

•Kid Cudi stopped by the Arsenio Hall show to promote his new movie, Need For Speed, and took the opportunity to air his grievances about the current state of hip-hop. He said, “I think the braggadocio ‘Money, Cash, Hoes’ thing needs to be deaded. I feel like, that’s holding us back as a culture, as black people. It doesn’t advance us in any way, shape, or form. We’ve been doing that same thing for years now. It’s been like, four decades of the same ol’ bullsh-t. Sorry for my language.” He continued, “ I feel like, if you’re gonna be an artist, there’s a time where you just have to embrace the responsibility and understand the power of music is something so special and to be able to do it in this magnitude where you reach millions of people, it’s like, why not use that for good? Why not tell kids something they can connect with and use in their lives?” Hmm, he certainly has a point. Artists in general could use their influence to effect real change, but few do. What do you think? (Necole Bitchie)

dior electric rubber frames
•Dior has launched Electric Rubber frames to add to your summer sunglass arsenal. The slick shades boast tones of navy and sky blue, along with pale pink. Will you be picking them up? (Fashion Bomb Inbox)

8 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Designer L’Wren Scott Found Dead, Emily B Designing Shoes for Bebe, and Kid Cudi Says Hip Hop is Holding Us Back”

1. Jessy says:

Totally agree with Kid Cudi, our community’s loudest voices do not have to be the ones glorifying drug use, misogyny and violence. Give underground/conscious music some shine.

2. DeeFresh says:

Super sad about L’Wren Scott, she was very talented. I agree with Cudi, I’m over the whole ” these b*&^%$ ain’t loyal/I’ll be your sidechick” mentality. I get that that may be all they know, but at some point we have to stop glorifying the whole pimping ideal. I’m already dealing with a crazy unrealistic body ideal via waist training, butt and breast implants and crazy diets…can the fellas at least be authentic and committed enough to make the millions ladies are spending worth it? Like, not you’re my main chick, I’m the ONLY chick.

3. TEXASGRL says:

My God this is so real.. Real Talk!!!

4. TEXASGRL says:

My God this is so real.. I totally agree with Cudi, Peace and many blessings to you my brother…

5. fav1 says:

I’m so shocked over L’Wren Scott. It seems like a lot of talented designers take their lives. So sad :(

6. DarkEmpress says:

Rest in Peace L’Wren.

7. Ronnie says:

Go Kid Cudi! Speak!

8. Ni says:

Very unfortunate to hear about the passing of this Designer; condolences to all whom loved her & her work r.i.p, & Cudi is speaking awesomely since he’s been off that white girl…ijs