March 11th, 2014
Fashion Bombshell of the Day
Fashion Bombshell of the Day: Malika from Pennsylvania

You’re gonna love today’s Bombshell! Take a look at Malika from Yeadon, Pennsylvania:
malika pennsylvania
She writes, “I’m a new stylist based in the Delaware/ Philadelphia area.”
3 Malika from Pennsylvania
“I would describe my style as “conservative edge”.
4 Malika from Pennsylvania
” I think it’s extremely important as a woman to always remain conservative & classy….”

10 b
“However, having fun & adding some edge to my wardrobe is a must!!”

6 Malika from Pennsylvania
” I like for people to look at my style and think that you can still be sexy without showing off your body.”

8 Malika from Pennsylvania
” The “edge” in my looks comes from my ability to experiment with different colors & patterns.”

5 Malika from Pennsylvania
” I have always been a risk taker when it comes to getting dressed.”

7 Malika from Pennsylvania
” I enjoy statement jewelry such as big necklaces & bracelets & I also enjoy sequins & all things “bling”.”

9 Malika from Pennsylvania
” Thank you so much!!!! ”

2 Malika from Pennsylvania
Thank you! Your style is adorable, chic, and unexpected. And yes to keeping it cute while covered. Bombshell!
See more on Instagram @LouisNPearls.
What do you think?

Fashion Bombshell of the Day is a feature showcasing the singular style of Fashion Bomb Readers. Send your name, location, a description of your style, and 6-8 clear, unfiltered, head-to-toe pictures of 6-8 different outfits to thefashionbomb@gmail.com. Images submitted will be featured on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or any of our social media platforms. Comments can be harsh, so bring your A game! Please be advised: once published, pictures will not be removed or taken down.

Posted In
56 comments

56 Responses to “Fashion Bombshell of the Day: Malika from Pennsylvania”

1. Micah says:

Pretty girl, I wish she would keep her hair out of her face though. Show it off!

I like her style, but her hair is a turn off

Malika I love your hair. Mainly because it reminds me of my hair. But I’m on the fence about you being a bombshell.. Nonetheless you look great!

4. Samantha says:

She looks amazing, very suburban chic. And I agree with the hair comments. Her hair is gorgeous but it hides her face.

5. Cany says:

Cute! A lil Housewives of ATL though..

6. I dont like the bags! sorry… The bags that were choosen for each look, remind me of the saying “you can buy a $1,000 bag but dont have $1,000 in that bag”

I’m having the hardest time getting past that hair! It’s too BIG and TOO MUCH!

8. Mimi1908 says:

LOVE THE LOOK SOROR!! I love that her style is relaxed but still cute.

9. Katie says:

Finally, a bombshell I actually like. Do I spot some Jcrew pieces?

Hjjj

Best bombshell ever… Her style is everything and my twin hair is laid

Flawless in my opinion!!! You can’t please everybody all the time. You’re a bombshell in my book!!!

13. Jessy says:

I see her fan club made it to the website. Cute, better than average style–I wouldn’t classify at the bombshell level though.

14. Moneboo says:

I like her style! But I agree with the hair critics. Maybe a top knot in a few of these shots would’ve kicked things up a notch. In some of the pics, the hair was just too much. We all have signatures though. SN: I’ve noticed a lot of persons who submit to this poll state their occupation as a stylist. I’m sort of up in the air with this because I never knew that profession was so inhibited. Can someone, preferably a stylist, please talk about this. Are some of us just staking claim to this title or are their just legit that many stylists in the field today? Claire, your input would be appreciated as well. Or any staffers of FBD for that matter. NO SHADE ON MY BEHALF EITHER!!!

15. CC says:

I’m here for the hair honnnaay, *right click save* the first outfit is cute.

love the second look!!!

17. missy says:

nothing new; the hair throws it off for me. sowwy

18. Lukie says:

@JESSY I agree with you her style is not that bad but I am not crazy about it! I had to think are we looking at the same thing because everyone is raving bombshell. I just don’t see it and have seen better!

19. PrepforPrep says:

I like her style. Those that don’t like preppy look won’t get it but it is classic prep with a twist. I prefer a more traditional preppy look but I get it.

20. Stephane says:

I must be missing something because I see all these comments raving “bombshell”, and I don’t see it. Not bad, just not great.

Hair is very distracting, as stated in her intro, “classy and conservative” usually translates into being a little more polished than this.

A different designer bag for every outfit?!?! But why?!?!

21. Him says:

I’m getting Claire Huxtable hair, Porsha Stewart RHOA abused, NOT beat, face and Nordstrom Rack styling with a monogram/damier canvas Louis Vuitton bag thrown in just because. I’m into this look, ONLY when it feels as authentic as the bag being carried. Nonetheless, I’ll pass. Pretty smile, bouncing and behaving hair, other than that…*yawn* I also agree with @Moneboo, we want receipts for all these stylists! You all aren’t eating and living off those titles as “stylists”, so stop selling false dreams. Some may and we applaud you, but you fakes can kick hot lava rocks in hell.

22. Ms.M says:

I respect her for keeping herself covered. I think she dresses well, she’s doesn’t look forced. She looks like she’ll blossom with this over time, you know? And someone said she looks kind of housewife-ish, I can see that. I think its those bags. With regard to her hair, its great. Maybe she has a reason for covering her eye, so I can’t judge the hair. She’s pretty and put together.

23. Danielle says:

Cute style, and I love her hair! I like the fact that she’s wearing her real hair, and isn’t weaved up in every picture.

24. KH says:

I love her hair! She has even better styles on her ig page. Bombshell.

25. Bree says:

Her outfits would of looked better if it had the right hairstyle to match. The hair is beautiful but sometimes giving off class is giving less. If she wore her hair up in a big retro hairdo that fits her fashion, the outfits would of looked 10times better.

26. southern says:

What do yall have against designer bags?

27. Esta Fiesta says:

She’s cute. She has great shoes and her clothes fit well. I wouldn’t exactly call excessive fur, mixing prints/graphics/metals, or a statement necklace “conservative” though. My favorite look is the last one and I think it actually captures her description of herself well

28. BougieHippie says:

Bombshell definitely!!!

I love her style a bit ghetto fabulous, quirky with a hint of preppy and a dash of girly!

29. monia says:

im sick and tire of the bashing here. being mean is =ugly and lowself esteem. so many miserable people esp @Him. miserable excuse of a person.

back to bombshell , love love the hair. i am all here for the hair. u cant pliz some of these miserable pple i bet if their pics are exposed you will laugh your head off.

30. jme says:

I guess I’m in the minority. I absolutely love her looks. I LOVE THE HAIR! There is definitely a preppy/trendy, housewife feel to some of the looks, but what’s wrong with that?

31. Him says:

@Monia you mean TIRED. FYI: My self esteem is very much in tact. Just as she is free to do her, I am free to have an opinion. Suck a sick d*ck and die, hoe.

32. justme says:

I love her hair! I love the fullness of it and the fact that it is or looks natural. She could have switched it up and pulled it off her face though.

I think she’s a bombshell. I’m surprised more people didn’t think so. It’s clean, but I definitely wouldn’t say anything about her style is unexpected.

33. Michelle says:

I see you guys think a wardrobe filled wih Asos, Thrifted Pieces and Instagram boutique dresses are Fashion solely with a 30 inch or wild cut huh. Kudos to the polished, conservative, yet stylish women out there!

34. Wendy says:

I love hr style her hair is just fine- I have no uglymean or rude things to say-She looks happy and thats the best out fit of all.

Love her hair, it’s cute and I like the fact that she covers up…kudos BUT, I think she needs more polish with her pieces, she’s so petite and her clothes are wearing her, not the other way around. Not a bombshell yet

36. Tami says:

I think she is a cutie pie and I live for her hairdo! My hair is like this too, so thats why I love it! Cute shape and fun style!

37. Char says:

Get it soror! I love the submission and her hair although once ya’ll said it, I have to agree a bit of diversity with the hairstyles would be nice.

38. ike2998 says:

I just wished she would do different hair styles like up do knot or fish tail braid etc. I love her look!

39. Ready says:

I don’t know why people are taking the criticism personally on Malika’s behalf. Very few people attacked her looks, please take that up with them individually…let’s not resort to the juvenile “hater” aggression.

Now, I love big hair-specially when it grows out of the wearer’s scalp, but this is too much, and it takes away from most of her looks. Also, like someone said “I wouldn’t exactly call excessive fur, mixing prints/graphics/metals, or a statement necklace “conservative”.” There’s a lot going on here, and much of it clashes.
    Most of her individual pieces are great but I wouldn’t style them the way she has, and I would clean up the hair, and declutter the accessories. I didn’t vote bombshell.

Keep doing U girl….The hair…SLAYS….most of the “weavers” wish they were “achievers” of such bounce. Individual n it fits you. Guess that makes u a Bombshell!

41. Karla says:

I am shocked that so many dont like her hair! In this era where 5 bundles of 26″ weave is the norm, I would think women would appreciate the beautiful head of hair she was naturally blessed with. Women pay good money to emulate her hair style. Granted she could have shown some diversity with her hair styling, but her hair itself is big and beautiful! And I think her hair is just as fabulous as she is!

Shine on babygirl! You are def a bombshell
    XOXO

LAST PIC IS EVERYTHING : )

43. Jessy says:

Seriously guys (this goes for virtually other Bombshell posts), if you are so sensitive that you cannot handle any criticism (warranted or not) then you should reconsider submitting your pictures. The comments here are very tame today. If you are a commenter that is devastated by harsh posts made about those featured, and expect a 100% bombshell rating (otherwise the world is full of ‘haterzzzzz’, this is not the feature for you to view. Sniff.

44. THE REAL TRUTH TELLER says:

SHE DRESSES NICE BUT THAT HAIR/ WEAVE/WIG WHATEVER THE HECK IT IS IS TRAGIC, GET RID OF IT!

45. thephillydiva says:

PA in the house! I have big hair like hers and sometimes it has a mind of its own!
    She’s a Bombshell & if you ever needs to get rid of a bag, please send it my way :)

46. Kam Kam says:

Cute style but the hair is distracting- real or not! Its too much. And yes, HAIR, NAILS, MAKEUP do comprise fashion, not just clothes and shoes

47. Christopher Duwayne Milan says:

I love her style and her hair is D0PE, it’s her style. I feel it fits her face and head very well. @Moneboo there are a lot of people walking around claiming to be stylist. They believe just because they can dress and help their friends out with looks, that they are stylist. No shade though, I just feel that word is overused and the true artform of styling is not appreciated. Love&Respect to all my african Queens.

48. Noirre says:

I like her outfit with the red/black plaid shirt….not a bombshell though.

49. Bre Bre says:

Soror Malika is giving me Toni from Girlfriends vibes lol. I like her looks; they’re cute and fun.

50. Cash says:

shes Cute but not a Bombshell!
    Her style is preppy chic- period!
    And apparently shes not a fulltime stylist…she just started doing it as a hobby (according to her IG) So for her to broadcast that as her occupation is hilarious!