March 10th, 2014
Fashion News
The Face: My 10 Minute Makeover

So, have you guys tuned in to Oxygen’s The Face? The hit series returns for its 2nd season with executive producer Naomi Campbell as supermodel coach. They’ve also added Anne V and Lydia Hearst as coaches this season (in addition to Nigel Barker), so it’s about to be a good line up! The coaches guide their aspiring modeltestants on how to build a lasting career as a model with all the insider tips they’ll need to succeed.
The Face - Season 2

In this week’s episode, the models undergo fun makeovers!

We’ve seen Naomi Campbell herself instantly change her look from long and sleek locks, as seen from last week’s season premiere.

naomi campbell the face makeover fashion bomb daily
To a teeny weeny Afro!
Naomi Campbell Visits BET's "106 & Park"
Though I haven’t tried different wigs, I do know how to switch up my hair for last minute events! As a blogger, I sometimes have to get ready on the go, and completely change my look with little to no time. When I was in LA a few weeks back, I had literally 5 minutes to get my hair into some sort of style for an event. Of course I relied on the only hairstyle I know how to do myself: a bun.

Step 1: You start as any bun would start, with your hair down.
the-face-sponsored-post-makeover-claire-sulmers-deer-dana-grace
Step 2: Sweep your hair into a fun pony.
0-the-face-sponsored-post-makeover-claire-sulmers-deer-dana-grace-jones-tee
Step 3: Split your pony in the middle, and then wind your hair around the base.
_1-the-face-10-minute-makeover-claire-sulmers-fashion-bomb-daily
_2-the-face-claire-sulmers-noami-campbell-fashion-bomb-daily-makeover
Step 4: Secure it with an elastic….
_claire-sulmers-fashion-bomb-daily-the-face-makeover
…and voila!
claire-sulmers-deer-dana-grace-jones-tee
What I love about this style is that you don’t need much in terms of tools, just two elastics: one for your ponytail, and one for your bun.
claire-sulmers-grace-jones-t-shirt-deer-dana
It’s nothing close to the more complicated looks Sammy Lacombe creates for me, but it looks chic and polished, no?
See how contestants from The Face mastered their makeovers on Wednesday, March 12th at 10/9c. Only on Oxygen!
What’s your go to ‘glam’ hairstyle? Share with #TheFace

Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Oxygen and Style Coalition.
*Bonus: Check out this video of Nene Leakes and Naomi Campbell:

Makeup: Shalea Walker. Photos by Karl Pierre.
*My tee is Deer Dana x Miguel.

Posted In
9 comments

9 Responses to “The Face: My 10 Minute Makeover”

1. KBS says:

Dang I miss my locs. I don’t have a 5 minute style, unless you include putting on a hat.

I know we talked about it before, but where is that t-shirt from ?

2. Claire says:

@KBS LOL at the hat.
    My tee is Deer Dana x Miguel, get it here: http://www.deerdana.com/GRACE-JONES-x-MIGUEL_p_177.html

3. Mak says:

cute! I just need to grow my hair out some more…

4. Morgan says:

I wouldn’t consider putting your hair in a bun and not changing jewelry or lipstick or shirts a MAKEOVER, but you look cute regardless.

5. SHARONGEE says:

SAME STYLE…A BUN! LOCS TO MY AZZ…SO IT’S EITHER A BUN, NO ELASTIC NEEDED, JUST WIND UP AND TUCK OR EITHER THE FLYEST CRACKER JACK HAT OR TAM I CAN FIND AND WEAR THAT.

6. MissMeika says:

I love the Grace Jones tee. I have one myself.

7. Marthe says:

I would looove to see some of these small DIY kinda things (from any contributor really) weekly ! I think you all are a great inspiration and as a fellow dreadlocks lady (even though i’ve got the (neat!!!) white girl dreads) i couldnt scroll past this post!

8. 2 Cents says:

Fabulous!

9. HoneyBrown says:

Cute Claire! I am a bun girl 100 % its so simple and chic. SIDE EYE @Marthe for that “i’ve got neat white girl dreads” comment. Please have several.