March 7th, 2014
Black Designers, Fashion, Fashion News, Featured, Shopping, You Should Know
Cool Online Find: Shoes by Aminah Abdul Jillil
By Giselle Williams-Thomas

As a professional dancer, Aminah Abdul Jillil graced stages with superstars such as Janet Jackson,  Britney Spears and Cirque Du Soleil. On her downtime, the Anchorage, Alaska native and Los Angeles transplant started working on shoe designs in her living room, cutting and pasting material together, eventually taking some of her homemade prototypes to a sample maker in LA. Those samples were developed for her first collection in 2012. Since then, the brand has flourished considerably. If you’re ready for a fun, fresh and fashionable take on shoes, you’ll want to check out  Aminah Abdul Jillil.

slide2

Photo Mar 06, 11 01 06 AM

The offerings are young, fresh and dually beautiful for its simplicity of design and for stunning embellishments.

Photo Mar 06, 11 00 57 AM

From Swarovski crystals fashioned into hearts…

Photo Sep 18, 12 15 00 PM

To colorful leather flats that boast oversized buckles and bows.

Photo Mar 06, 11 00 36 AM

At $165.50 the Coin Sandal has emerged as one of my personal faves. It’s minimalist appearance in the front and silver coin embellishments at the back simply make my heart skip a beat or two.

Photo Sep 12, 4 09 33 PM

You will also find the brand’s popular Bow Pump available for pre-order ($195)  in a variety of colors.

aminah-product-shoot-red-bow

aminah-product-shoot-pink-bow

It’s quite popular with the blogger set! Here’s a taste of how some of our favorite bloggers have styled her fanciful footwear!

aminahabduljillil-bow-pumps-1

Stella aka @jadorefashion of Jadore Fashion kept her look classic and allowed her shoes to do the talking.
blair atlantic pacific bow pumps
Blair from Atlantic Pacific is so frickin cute! She wore a black pair with a deliciously floral trench.

aminahabduljillil-bow-pumps-fashion-steele-1

Monroe Steele @monroesteele of Fashionsteelenyc.com opted for Bow Pumps in raging red. Hot!

aminahabduljillil-bow-pumps-song-of-style-1

Aimee of Song of Style  effortlessly rocked pumps and sandals.

aminahabduljillil-coin-sandal-of-style1

What do you think? See anything you like?
Shop the selection at www.aminahabduljillil.com.

31 Responses to “Cool Online Find: Shoes by Aminah Abdul Jillil”

1. EntertainmentsFuture says:

FAB!!! Great looking shoes that don’t break the bank!!! *Runs to go order a couple of pairs*

2. Leo says:

I like the one with the bow but when you see the picture of the pink one, they do not look comfortable at all. Anyone here owning them ?

3. Leo says:

Anyone here owning them ?

fly a%% shoes

5. aries says:

all of those were so cute, especially the first 2 pair sandals, the studded pair and the crystal heart on the sandals.

6. Asia Monique says:

I knew I had seen that pump before on Aimee Song!!! They are a total dream, especially in the pink!

7. Kitty B. says:

I love everything!! Especially the heart pair, I LIVE FOR HEARTS! :) <3

8. Ashley says:

I fell in love with those bow pumps a while ago but I never thought to check her site for the other offerings. Super cute stuff!

9. Sticky-n-Sweet says:

1. I’d like to thank God who is the Head of my life for unblocking this website from my firm’s wi-fi

2. Those shoes are so effing cute. I’ve already whipped out my card and purchased those bow pumps. Now I just need a social event to wear them to. Somebody get married!

10. BrendaLeeJohnson says:

@Sticky-N-Sweet I LOL’ed at your #1. Needed that! Thx.

11. Shirlette says:

YESSSSSSSSSSS HUNTEE!!! these SHOES give me LIFE!!!

I am a SHOE ADDICT and these ALL of them are FEEDING y HABIT!

I will be ordering those for spring….Blair from Atlantic Pacific has been posing all over her blog with shoes that are very similar. I’ve been stalking those shoes for thee longest and now I can finally get my hands on them

13. Ericka says:

I’ve been pining over Aminah Abdul Jillil heels since last fall but haven’t been able to ‘splurge’ on them. Hopefully she will have a promo code soon and/or does not raise the prices :(

14. S says:

LOVE These!!!

15. joc says:

Does anyone own the bow pumps? Are they comfortable at all? Please Claire can you help with this info????? Love the shoes though.

16. lola bee says:

all thanks and praise to my lord and savior jesus christ for directing my steps to FBD this morning, the devil tried to sway me to the valley of the shadow of death that is bossip but my lord said go to FBD i have something waiting for you! i have a Grand obsession with bows so these heels got me doing a praise dance! they are everything!!! that $195 retail price is everything as well…everything i got in my bank acct :( cause my lowly college students pockets cannot afford them… but i want emmm!! im open to taking donations yall hahhaha or if you would like to gift them as a graduation present im open to that too lol (begins to pray and fast) … anyways hope ur all enjoying your day! happy friday!

17. Mystic says:

I have been obsessed with those bow pumps for the longest! Btw, one of the blogger photos is mislabeled. That isn’t Blair from Atlantic-Pacific in the pumps that is Helena from Brooklyn Blonde.

18. Keesh says:

Those bow pumps are it. Period. Considering them as an option for my wedding shoes!

19. Claire says:

These are as good as mine! Coming to a Style Diary near you! I will let you know if they’re comfy or not…I’d bet they’re not super comfy, but we can dream, right?
    In other news, y’all are fools…lol. And thanks guys for the correction (my bad).

20. Ericka says:

@Mystic that is not Helena from BrooklynBlonde.

21. Alexis says:

SO cute!! I will definitely be ordering the pink pair! :-)

22. C. says:

it’s the blogger from Atlantic Pacific, not Brooklyn Blonde (Blair has way better style)

23. Kytha says:

I’ve had them since October. Very comfy! Kinda sad they made it on here lol,nth ought they were my best kept secret.

24. Giselle says:

Y’all are way too funny with these comments. Lol

25. Michelle says:

Seen the bow pumps before (love), 1st time seeing those coin sandals. God…I love being a woman *sigh*

26. Tar Heel says:

Lola Bee has me crying from laughter.

27. Flywon says:

So sad they are on backorder!

28. She RASIED the price my dolls! There now $215! Claire you you see when you give someone an endorsement. SMH.

29. Kanyeshrug says:

Ya…i was equally disappointed that her price went up after being featured on this blog. ugh….not a cute look.

30. Marin says:

I own the red heels, but honestly, they aren’t THAT comfy!

31. Laura says:

Love all the sandals just unaffordable for me :(