March 3rd, 2014
Celebrity Style

Some of you have expressed everything from apathy to aggravation towards how much we write about Oscar Winning actress Lupita Nyong’o.
All I can say is: She’s making history, and we’re here to record it.
The fashionista popped by Kelly and Michael’s Oscar Special to talk about her Best Supporting Actress win in a neon yellow Giambattista Valli short suit:
00 Lupita Nyong'o Wears a Neon Yellow Giambattista Valli Resort 2014 Short Suit to the Kelly and Michael Oscar Special
The Resort 2014 ensemble was originally modeled with nude sandals. Lupita kept her look simple with black pumps.
Lupita Nyong'o Wears a Neon Yellow Giambattista Valli Resort 2014 Short Suit to  the Kelly and Michael Oscar Special 1
Hot! This color looks amazing on her.
See her chat below:

What do you think?

Images: ABC

33 Responses to “Lupita Nyong’o Wears a Neon Yellow Giambattista Valli Resort 2014 Short Suit to the Kelly and Michael Oscar Special”

1. Missy D says:

Talk about this woman all you want fashion bomb because of this win, many women woke up today and felt comfortable in their own skin. We complain oh black women don’t get enough postive media coverage or non at all. Now we have it and people are complaining, are we never happy.

2. LOL says:

*sarcasm starts* Oh heaven forbid, we talk about Hollywood’s new “it girl”, someone who just won an Oscar, someone who happens to be well educated, someone who is well-spoken, someone who has used her talents to get her where she is, someone who dresses impeccably and someone who happens to be slightly darker than the rest of hollywood. Why don’t we talk more about Kim Kardashian or what that lady from *insert reality tv show* is wearing? Gosh, I haven’t seen enough K’eisha K’ior (or is it D’ior) on FBD *sarcasm ends* Really, people, FBD celebrates all women who dress impeccably (even those I am not a fan of). I swear, some folks break out in hives if people are not wearing bodycon dresses and 12 packs of indian wavy.

3. IvoryJinelle says:

Thank you LOL! Complaining about a beautiful woman who is not only smart, but a great example for our young chocolate girls??? *rolls eyes* Take y’all a**es to mediatakeout!

4. Tar Heel says:

“All I can say is: She’s making history, and we’re here to record it.” And I’m here to click on every post that records it!

5. I am here for every Lupita post you all feature! Overnight this woman has become a role model for girls and women all over the world. She is beautiful, intelligent and talented. When was the last time a woman who looked like Lupita was embraced by the masses? Folks complain when Kim K was featured everyday. Folks complained when FBD started to feature more non black entertainers. And now that we have someone of Lupita’s caliber who has impeccable style, you’re mad? FBD please keep the Lupita post coming! Let us continue to celebrate her style!

6. Casandrae says:

I am glad and happy FBD keeps on posting about Lupita`s impeccable sense of style. if ppl don`t like it, they can simply scroll down. I am here for Lupita!!!

7. Rosie says:

“All I can say is: She’s making history, and we’re here to record it.”

I’ll be here waiting!

8. The truth says:

Until Lupita has as many posts as Beyonce, Rihanna, Kim Kardashian, etc., I expect to see her featured every single time she graces the public with her beauty and style.

Fashionbombdaily please don’t even begin to address those self-hating folks who would much rather celebrate the “success” (i.e. re-release of a sex tape or birth of a baby born to unmarried parents) of some deemed to be more relevant. I love seeing this beautiful, well-spoken, well kept young woman EVERYTIME that I log onto this media outlet. Please keep it coming!

10. Jessy says:

Cosign all of the above. If a small minority doesn’t like Lupita posts, then they can scroll past and check out FBD’s many other offerings. Crisis averted.

11. k says:

I am here for Lupita morning, noon, and night! She has so much class and grace and she DESERVES all the praise she’s getting. I am in agreement with everyone up top!

12. Loves it and loves her! Brilliant, talented, and beauty to boot…why they mad? Get a grip, if you don’t want to read it don’t click the post.

13. Claudia says:

I agree with all of the above.

14. La'Rue says:

I concur! The gall of anyone to have the slightest bit of aggravation towards a post on a woman who is not only breaking barriers, but serving as a TRUE role model for African-American women. It’s mighty strange every time Beyonce’s name is mentioned (many times daily), all you hear is, “Yesss”, Slay”, “King Bey”, or “Beyonce is giving me life”. However, when another woman who’s excelled when she wasn’t thought of, let alone really given the chance, comes along and “slays” the scene, everybody wants to overlook her, so these clowns can shine? Please! “Get your life”, and quit relying on the celebrities to give it to you!

15. Sandra says:

I cannot get enough of this woman. I am glad that FBD is doing it. I don’t quite understand why some are tired of seeing her. She is making her mark in the industry and she deserves all the coverages that she can get. I want to see more of her. I have been so fascinated by what she has been wearing lately that I hope in the style department she keeps on slaying.

16. AD says:

Shocked that anyone would be anything less than impressed by Lupita’s poise, stunning beauty, talent, and of course, style! Please continue to ignore the haters FBD, as your audience is loving the Lupita coverage. I’m here for it!

17. I agree with the comments above…I’m here for every post. FBD keep doing your thing, I love this site x

18. S says:

FBD, I absolutely LOVE the posts of Lupita. Her fashions are IMPECCABLE, not to mention she’s now an OSCAR winner. She’s well spoken and the EPITOME of class and she’s the color of rich dark chocolate and got the “mainstream” at her feet right now. She damn well Deserves the attention she’s getting now. I look forward to posts about her……now no talents like Kim K. that need to have their baby’s daddy beg upon a Vogue shoot, I Still ask WHY???

19. S says:

I mean when I really think about it…..the NERVE of people to get upset. Since when have people of color EVER seen this kind of mainstream attention given to a woman of color, literally Lupita’s color. I’ll tell you when…..like never. So you had better REVEL in the glow that is Lupita right now. You who are under 40 may not get it, but those of us who are older KNOW how rare this is. Enjoy it people, because it’s still not the norm.

Or would you prefer the posts where fashion insiders take racially insensitive Instagram pics and post those?

20. Martinique_Fr says:

More Lupita, please…and thank you!

21. Jihan says:

glad to read alllll this Lupita love! Gives me hope for humanity.

she’s amazing and beautiful.

of course you’d cover lupita. itd be neglegent not too because she is def a fashion “it girl” right now

23. MAC says:

Please keep writing about her. I love her.

24. I am here for every fashion feature cos I adore Claire and her team but I am sick and tired of hearing about Lupita to be honest. I wonder if she will be the talk of the town if she was beautiful and fair skinned. Hmmm I seriously doubt that.

25. Jessy says:

Sorry Stella, but your comparison of Lupita as she is in reality versus fairskinned, nonexistent/hypothetical Lupita is strange.

Are you actually lamenting the shortage of fairskinned actresses for you to look up to in Hollywood? Do you think a fairskinned woman should’ve tackled the role of Patsey? That movie is the reason why Lupita is where she is today.

Maybe if this hypothetical, fairskinned Lupita existed, she would’ve starred in another movie and gained fame that way. We’ll never know, because…fairskinned Lupita doesnt exist lol. Interesting perspective you have.

Lupita all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

27. Diamond says:

Lupita Nyong’o for president, Lol! I am in love and can’t get enough Lupita posts to save my life.

28. Sasha says:

Please give me more Lupita! I can’t get enough of her. I am so happy to see her being celebrated. Such style, class and intelligence. She’s stunning and she makes me sick (in a good way). I can’t stop staring at her picture! Finally…she’s a breath of fresh air.!

29. Mic says:

@Stella your use of the word “fairskinned” to describe women with light skin is telling. Why is being light FAIR but being dark is just DARK…it’s a downlow put down of dark skin to describe light skin as such. Girl get some depth.

I am here for every bit of Lupita!

Please keep posting FBD! : )

31. k says:

Lupita Nyong’o for Vogue 2014!!

32. Excellent blog here! Also your site loads up very fast! What
    host are you using? Can I get your affiliate link to your host?
    I wish my site loaded up as fast as yours lol

33. yvette says:

Lupita Nyong’o looks amazing. The yellow make her skin pops and her skin is like velvet.wow!