March 3rd, 2014
Beauty, Celebrity Style, Hair, Hot or Hmm
Hot! or Hmm…: Nicole Richie’s New Purple Hair Color
By Giselle Williams-Thomas

Ever had the urge to switch up your hair color but were so afraid that the new color would make you look either strikingly Hot! or shamefully Hmm…? Well, I suppose that was Nicole Richie’s predicament last week when she posted a photoshopped pic on Instagram showcasing a new lavender hue.

hot-or-hmm-nicole-richie-purple-plunge-1

This time around, the stunning House Of Harlow designer appears to have finally taken the plunge to spruce up her look.

hot-or-hmm-nicole-richie-purple-plunge-2

It’s sleek and she’s accessorized to the hilt. I’m here for it, but what say you?

hot-or-hmm-nicole-richie-purple-plunge-2

*Other celebs have tried purple on for size, most notably Kelly Osbourne:
kelly osbourne purple hair
It’s a pretty color!

14 Responses to “Hot! or Hmm…: Nicole Richie’s New Purple Hair Color”

1. kim d says:

I love it on Kelly’s youthful face, on Nichole not so much.

2. Kim D, says:

I love it on Kelly’s youthful face, on Nichole not so much.

3. MissNYC says:

That will never be elegant or in. It will always be tacky to walk around with koolaid colored hair. pure clown!

4. Doc says:

It really depends on how it is styled and the appearance of “health” i.e. even length, no split ends, right amount of lustre, same hair density from root to ends, no frizz. Any color will look good provided the hair looks like well kept hair. Nicole has a face and head like an anime character so she can definitely pull it off.

5. Elle says:

Its hard to pull off but I actually like it in the first photo. Nicole has great style so she’ll probably be able to rock it. That color hair with poor fashion sense? Nope.

No. I’m just getting around to liking Kellys (which is getting old, btw) you can’t have a solid hair color throughout when its not natural. the only color besides blk & blonde I’d recommend being solid is red. Not even brown bc it looks a bit like fecal matter (TMI)

First of all, it looks like her roots need a touchup and her hair lacks body. She could have pulled this off with her natural texture, (the curly look) and a bit of hilights throughout. Its too one dimensional

Jocking Kelly. Nicole leave it to her please

Brown coloured hair looks like fecal matter? Anyway -_-

I’m loving this colour. Not for me personally, but I’ve always liked it on Kelly and it suits Nicole well too.

10. FLEE says:

I like it..

damn..nicole looks ancient

12. Ms.M says:

I’ve had deep purple hair that faded into a nice burgundy. Loved it. But I was 23 then, now I’m 29 in a supervisory position. May not be able to get away with it(although I’m secretly trying to have navy blue/indigo hair). I think Nicole looks good in that pic, I’m waiting on another celeb to steal it. I LOVE Kelly’s lavender hair.

13. Noirre says:

Not feeling it on Nicole or Kelly.

14. Soul Touch says:

I totally agree with Doc.

Funny, in some groups it’s considered ghetto lol but I like it, especially on Kelly.