February 28th, 2014
Alicia Keys, Celebrity Style, Shopping
By Faith

Along with Selena Gomez, Alicia Keys also attended the unite4:humanity Event, where she was presented with the Music Visionary Award. For the occasion, she sported a $275 Fleur Du Mal Dahlia Cotton Tulle Corsette, $1,250 Proenza Schouler High Waist Gaucho Pants, Tom Ford Clutch, and Walter Steiger Leather Boots:

alicia-keys-unite4humanity-event-fleur-du-mal-corsette-proenza-schouler-pants-1

Her corsette is a collaboration with Cadolle: France’s most famed corsetier. It features a sharp bustline and on-trend cropping styling.

fleur-du-mal-dahlia-cotton-tulle-corsette

Her crepe gauchos boast a high-waist, side slash pockets, folded front leg panels, and full legs that are cropped just above the ankle.

proenza-schouler-high-waist-gaucho-pants

Hmm…I love the corsette, but the length of the pants here is just too long. I’m also not a fan of their presence here: the corsette with a high-waist pencil skirt, simple pointed-toe pumps, and the clutch would’ve been killer.

alicia-keys-unite4humanity-event-fleur-du-mal-corsette-proenza-schouler-pants

If you’re up for the splurge, buy her bustier here and her pants here.

Thoughts?

alicia-keys-unite4humanity-event-fleur-du-mal-corsette-proenza-schouler-pants-2

Images: Getty

8 Responses to “Splurge: Alicia Keys’s unite4:humanity Event Fleur Du Mal Dahlia Cotton Tulle Corsette, Proenza Schouler High Waist Gaucho Pants, Tom Ford Clutch, and Walter Steiger Leather Boots”

1. yonaton says:

i actually love this look on her! she normally would do a pencil or fitted bottom, but i like that she chose differently here. Very chic and modern look for her!

Love the look but can she grow her hair back now??????

3. I agree with Yonaton. I actually like this look on her. Nice to see her in something other than a tight dress or fitted skirt.

I just ordeded some wide legged high waisted gaucho’s, so I’m here for it :)

5. Bee. says:

I dig this look! Something different besides the usual form fitting lower silhouette. Go A.Keys!

6. CC says:

I agree with all, the look is cool and chic and different from A.Keys usual attire.

7. NYC chick says:

I think she looks gorgeous although a little matronly

8. Anita says:

She looks so beautiful and I really love her style here and other styles I’ve seen her wear also. As long as she wears that beautiful smile, she’s got it hands down.