February 25th, 2014
Shopping, Style Inspiration, What to Wear
What To Wear To A New York State Assembly Fundraising Event
By Danielle Nicole

Avanelle writes, “Hello Fashionettes! I am attending a fundraiser for a friend who is running for NY State Assembly. It is being held at a cute, swanky place in downtown Brooklyn. The invite says business casual but I am lost as what to wear. I want to look chic but not over-done and definitely not casual either. I love blazers and cute dresses. Please help!”

Even though the event calls for business casual attire, I really wanted to give you options that weren’t so indicative of the moment. With sassy prints and vibrant shades create a look that’s stylish and fun with a touch of sophistication.

I’m obsessed sleeveless waistcoats as a stylish alternative to the traditional outerwear option. For look #1 I styled a LK Bennett Cannes Sleeveless Tuxedo Jacket with a punchy Mary Katrantzou Kathmandu Skirt.

What to Wear to a NYC Fundraiser Event Mary Katrantzou Kathmandu Skirt LK Bennet Cannes Sleeveless Tuxedo Jacket Saint Laurent Paris Pump Nina Ricci Suede Inset Clutch

A sleek pair of mint green pumps and a Nina Ricci Suede Inset Clutch and chunky jewelry gives the look a fashionable edge.

Sass up a piper button down by mixing prints with a Tibi Raffia Patwork Crop Top and Printed Silk-Gazer Skirt.

What to Wear to a NYC Fundraiser Event Tibi Printed Silk Gazer Skirt Tibi Raffia Patchwork Crop Top Schutz Erline Lace up Sandals Asos Clutch Bag with Triple Turnlock

A pair of lace up sandals, an oversized leather clutch with triple clasp detailing, and a deco inspired crystallized cabochon necklace add the finishing touch.

Don’t put your peplum pieces to rest just yet. For your final wardrobe option, opt for a neon 3.1 Phillip Lim Mint Cloque Floating Peplum option offset by black glazed ponte pants and laser cut booties.

What to Wear to a NYC Fundraiser Event 3.1 Phillip Lim Mint Cloque Floating Peplum Top Jimmy Choo Matt Python Clutch Karen Millen Laser Cut Peep Toe Boot Nicole Miller Glazed Ponte Pant

Complete the look with a standout clutch and geometric jewelry.

What do you think? Have I given you a few wardrobe ideas for your fundraising soiree?

15 Responses to “What To Wear To A New York State Assembly Fundraising Event”

1. Vanessa says:

Tes sélections sont très jolies !!
    Bisous

2. Olwethu says:

LOVE! I love the first two outfits and would definitely find events to wear them to, I was cursed with expensive taste and no money.

3. MsClassic says:

The First one I have to recreate OMG!! Love!!

4. Avanelle says:

THANK YOU! This helped me so much and you are fast! Definitely hooked me up with a few ideas and I have some similar pieces like these. Fashion crisis averted!

5. coco04 says:

the skirt in the first selection!!! please! need this master peace! which brand? I would die for this!

6. coco04 says:

ooops… ha , ha its in the text. a “Mary Katrantzou Kathmandu Skirt”. o.k.
    was so excited o_O

7. Not appropriate! says:

Nope! All great outfits, but NOT appropriate for a political fundraiser (I’m was a assistant campaign manager for a bk politician) These ensembles are over done and definatly trying too hard for the nature of the event!

8. Medschool says:

Completely agree with ^^^. I’ve noticed Danielle has really great ideas but when it comes to a more adult or professional setting, your pieces read junior to me. You have great style but there’s a lack of sofistication. This is my personal opinion and hey!-you know what people say about opinions…

9. Lexx says:

Not all that appropriate for political setting or a fairly professional one either . Love the first look but not for this event.

10. binks says:

I love the selections (especially number 2 and 3) but I am going to have to agree with those who mention that these don’t exactly scream business casual for the event at hand.

I’ll pile on… Nice outfits but not appropriate for a political fundraiser

See Claire Underwood in House of Cards.

13. check out my “daily d fashion” i do looks of all kinds, i might be able to help you….however i like these looks,very trendy.

14. Josie says: