February 20th, 2014
Black History Month, Blacks in Fashion, Ethnic Models, Snapshot
Black History Month Snapshot Joyce Walker for Seventeen Magazine November 1972

joyce walker for seventeen magazine november 1972
Joyce Walker for Seventeen Magazine November 1972. “I knew the Afro was a statement. I was not militant, but I was certainly politically aware.”-Joyce Walker
Image: Gold Country Girls

8 Responses to “Black History Month Snapshot Joyce Walker for Seventeen Magazine November 1972”

1. S says:

Awesome! Joyce Walker is new to me even though I used to read Seventeen mag as a teen. I’m truly loving the mag cover retrospectives.

2. Mrs.L says:

Lovely. Can we please add the vintage magazine section to the site rotation?
    Really enjoy these.
    Thank you Claire.

3. Jihan says:

yaas @ those baby hairs

Loving all these throw back covers! I didn’t know as many black woman (particularly dark skinned women) graced covers back then.

5. beauty_hurts says:

This brightened my day!

6. Natasha says:

This is timeless.

7. coco04 says:

I think in the 80s they discovered that white women feel they can’t compete with dark beauty…
    how come that in the past there were so many naturally toned covergirls with african background and now we have those weared looking bleached women with wigs and weaves on their head making them look like fake indian?

8. Indigo says:

This is Money Making Mitch’s mom, in Paid in Full… I know who she is.