February 19th, 2014
Featured, On the Scene, Pharrell
On the Scene: The 2014 BRIT Awards
By Faith

Ready for the next awards show? The 2014 BRIT Awards went down tonight in London with a slew of musicians and models in attendance. The looks varied from bright and sultry to menswear-inspired, with this season’s hottest trends being captured at every turn.

Check out the night’s most memorable looks:

calvin-harris-rita-ora-2014-brit-awards

Rita Ora and Calvin Harris are an exceptional-looking couple, thus I was happy to see them walk the red carpet together! Rita’s neon yellow Prada gown was mesmerizing.

helen-lasichanh-pharrell-williams-2014-brit-awards

Pharrell Williams and his wife Helen Lasichanh were suited up yet again this week. Hot, though I would’ve loved to see Helen smile: I mean Pharrell is your husband!

rebecca-ferguson-2014-brit-awards

Rebecca Ferguson served curves in a white mesh inset dress and bold accoutrements. Work Rebecca!

tinie-tempah-2014-brit-awards

I always enjoy a style moment from Tinie Tempah and he did not disappoint in cream and black tones.

nicole-scherzinger-2014-brit-awards

It’s been awhile since I’ve seen Nicole Scherzinger out and about! I liked the way her gold studded Giuseppe Zanotti harness uplifted her cropped leather bustier top and trousers.

iggy-azalea-2014-brit-awards

Iggy Azalea pared down her hair and makeup to let her fiery red Elie Saab gown with sheer insets play centerstage. She looked fab no?

jessie-j-2014-brit-awards

I loved Jessie J’s Julien Macdonald jumpsuit, but the lilac lipstick wasn’t working for me. I do commend her on being fashion-forward though!

marvin-humes-2014-brit-awards

I loved the texture cutie Marvin Humes added to a simple black suit.

neon-jungle-2014-brit-awards

Neon Jungle always has the best hair! The edgy girl group made a statement in a slew of trends including a sultry bustier top, statement necklaces, sheer insets, and more.

lianne-la-havas-2014-brit-awards

Songstress Lianne La Havas gave some pizazz to a sheer off-the-shoulder dress with bold accessories.

laura-mvula-2014-brit-awards

Laura Mvula showed off her enviable stems in a waterfall hem number with tulle ruffle trim.

aluna-francis-2014-brit-awards

Aluna Francis of AlunaGeorge was pretty in pink in a sheer blouse, bustier crop top, and asymmetrical hem skirt from Antonio Berardi.

rosie-huntington-whiteley-2014-brit-awards

I think it’s accurate to say that Rosie Huntington-Whiteley slayed on the red carpet in a zebra stripe sequin mini dress with bow detailing from Saint Laurent’s Spring 2014 collection. Hot!

ellie-goulding-2014-brit-awards

Ellie Goulding opted for princess chic in a Vivienne Westwood ball gown. I’m usually a sucker for Ellie’s style choices, but this wasn’t my cup of tea.

lily-allen-2014-brit-awards

Lily Allen’s two-tone hair and sequin gown were winners for the night in my book!

daisy-lower-2014-brit-awards

Daisy Lowe showed some thigh in a Sister by Sibling Fall 2014 gown that channeled dark romance.

pixie-lott-2014-brit-awards

Songstress Pixie Lott’s DKNY white halter gown with a thigh-high slit was simple and chic no?

dannii-kylie-minogue-2014-brit-awards

Sisters Dannii and Kylie Minogue looked fab in fun yet sexy spins on the LBD.

myleene-klass-2014-brit-awards

Normally, I’m on board with Myleene Klass’s looks, but I’m unsure of what to make of her cutout Mark Fast dress here.

one-direction-2014-brit-awards

One Direction was there! Harry’s hair slicked back…the verdict is still out on that.

Which ensemble caught your eye for the night?

Images: Getty

14 Responses to “On the Scene: The 2014 BRIT Awards”

1. Mia says:

Rita looks HOT!’her, Daisy Lowe and Rosie Are my favorite out of the ladies! From the men Tinie always looks great and the one direction boys look lovely,Harry’s shirt,Zayns bandana and Louis’ shoes are great

2. Dom Dom says:

Jessie J looks a hot damn mess. I can’t even articulate how much of a hot mess I think she looks. Only here for a few people looks. Yes to Rosie, Daisy, Pixie, Iggy, Rebecca and Rita.

The rest, especially Ellie, NO! And Pharrell needs to stop rolling his suit trousers up like that and exposing his bony ass ankles, looks so ridiculous.

3. Ericka says:

Need the details on those knee high strappy sandals from Neon Jungle!

4. Ericka says:

From the girl second from the left in the Neon Jungle photo*

5. The truth says:

Horrendous red carpet looks!

6. fav1 says:

I did not recognize Rita Ora!!!! wow! and whoever Rebecca Ferguson, I’m loving her dress.

7. FLEE says:

I’d like to know who the hell is styling Jessie J?! and I mean her whole team needs to be fired (hair, makeup and wardrobe) no ma’am

Rita looks gorgeous

8. Ready says:

Jessie J must be on some bullsh*t. She must be.
    Ellie Goulding….boo..why? But you..and your people must have looked into a mirror at some point.
    Laura Mvula and Iggy Azalea..some things went wrong there.

Rita Ora KILLED it. Everytime I see her arm around Calvin Harris on a red carpet, I think of never-claimed Rob Kardashian. Is that wrong?

9. Westafricanmutt says:

Mess!
    Rita won this

10. MoretoLife says:

@ Ericka: The knee high sandals look very much like they could be by River Island, saw them a couple days ago, check them out here:

11. MoretoLife says:

Somehow my comment doesn’t show up!?..

@Ericka: Those shoes seem to be by River Island, google for “River Island Pachup black T bar Sandals”, they can also be found on Asos’ site, at least here in Europe….

The shoes are by River Island the Pachup T Sandals, check them out at Asos…

13. Ericka says: